Sponsored

Anyone else getting headlight flashes while yours are on? (possibly LED only thing)

TReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Got multiple flashes in a 10 mile trip tonight. Think I'll adjust them down a little tomorrow.
Sponsored

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all. I know some on here are reluctant to redirect their lights but in all honesty Jeep has the JL headlights too high. If you have a lift like most of us especially. My wife has a sedan and we were passing each other on a narrow road and I about ran her off the road because she couldn’t see anything in front of her. Do everyone else a favor and direct them down a little bit. It takes 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Scottroxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Occupation
Poet
Vehicle Showcase
yes, Then I just put my high beams on so they know what they really look like.

jenshaw717

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray purchased Sept '18
Has anyone had the dealer adjust the headlights? I'm not confident in doing this myself but I'm getting tired of being flashed every single night. (Not just sedans... had a lifted F-150 aggressively flashing me tonight even after I flashed back indicating my high beams were not on.) Just wondered if the dealer will argue that it's fine.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Has anyone had the dealer adjust the headlights? I'm not confident in doing this myself but I'm getting tired of being flashed every single night. (Not just sedans... had a lifted F-150 aggressively flashing me tonight even after I flashed back indicating my high beams were not on.) Just wondered if the dealer will argue that it's fine.
Any good dealership will do it. It takes five minutes. You should do it yourself, it really is as easy as using a screwdriver and it will save you a ton of time!

Sponsored

jenshaw717

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray purchased Sept '18
Any good dealership will do it. It takes five minutes. You should do it yourself, it really is as easy as using a screwdriver and it will save you a ton of time!
I have no doubt I can turn a screwdriver, but I am concerned about how far to go. I guess start with 1 turn? I’ve seen 1.5 recommended but I don’t want to lower them to an unsafe level. My JLU is a stock Sahara with the 18-inch wheels.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I have no doubt I can turn a screwdriver, but I am concerned about how far to go. I guess start with 1 turn? I’ve seen 1.5 recommended but I don’t want to lower them to an unsafe level. My JLU is a stock Sahara with the 18-inch wheels.
I don’t know how to link a video, but got to YouTube and search for “LIte Brite don’t be that guy “
She’ll walk you through the proper process. Hope this helps. She shows the process on a JL, so it might.

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
My last two vehicles had factory LED, prior to that halogen. Trucks, SUVs, cars. Factory suspension. Got/get flashed often for high beams that are NOT on. Personally, I think most of these folks, as evidenced by so much of the [lack of] driving etiquette that is out there are of the opinion:

“the roads are meant for me. You are in my way, you are inconveniencing me, your headlights [no matter how bright] annoy me. They must be high beams. I will flash you to show you that you are bothering me. Please turn off your lights and pull over so I may continue my important journey to the 24 hr mart to get some Funyuns, unencumbered and unbothered.”

In drivers ed, oh so long ago, I was taught “don’t look directly at oncoming lights...” All lights are bright.

If I do believe somone has their high beams on, I rarely flash them. It can often be a precursor to a road rage incident. My wife flashed someone once and the jacka$$ turned around and tailgated her for miles.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I did 1.5 on my Rubi and it was too low. I could tell by how far in the distance my light was being cast. I added back 1/2 turn and it seems good. I only get flashed if I’m going uphill and oncoming traffic is just cresting the top.

I’d like to properly dial in, but ha e no easy access to a wall with a 25’ runway leading to it.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
What happens to me is that my headlights “wash out “ oncoming lights. On previous vehicles, on a hilly road I could see other vehicles coming before we actually met. With these if I’m on bright, they have to actually crest the hill before I know they’re coming. Before I could dim before we met. Now they’ll get my brights for a second.

Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
My last two vehicles had factory LED, prior to that halogen. Trucks, SUVs, cars. Factory suspension. Got/get flashed often for high beams that are NOT on. Personally, I think most of these folks, as evidenced by so much of the [lack of] driving etiquette that is out there are of the opinion:

“the roads are meant for me. You are in my way, you are inconveniencing me, your headlights [no matter how bright] annoy me. They must be high beams. I will flash you to show you that you are bothering me. Please turn off your lights and pull over so I may continue my important journey to the 24 hr mart to get some Funyuns, unencumbered and unbothered.”

In drivers ed, oh so long ago, I was taught “don’t look directly at oncoming lights...” All lights are bright.

If I do believe somone has their high beams on, I rarely flash them. It can often be a precursor to a road rage incident. My wife flashed someone once and the jacka$$ turned around and tailgated her for miles.
Many cars have their headlights adjusted improperly. They are blinding even if you aren't looking directly at them. I flash these people too. It has nothing to do with your off hypothetical mindset(?) quote.

People need to learn how to properly adjust headlights or have their dealerships do so. I've had many different brands of vehicles and many have come misadjusted from the new lot. Always adjust with the load you will generally carry. Anytime you alter the vehicle re-adjust. It's simple, and it keeps you safer from blinded oncoming traffic as well as your hypothetical road rage driver.

People, if anything, need to learn not to overreact to things like headlight flashes. It's the only way of signalling something is wrong on the road, and is a step short of the horn (immediate safety problem) signalling facility. Seeing a flash as some kind of aggression or grave offense is the problem.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Adjust your lights if your constantly getting flashed, if you are stock they are not properly aimed - if you have lifted your Jeep you should always adjust your headlights. If you get the occasional flash I wouldn’t adjust anything.

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the LED lights. Mine were so high from the factory that going to high made almost no difference. Easy to adjust. I took mine down two full turns and they are much better now. No more flashes from oncoming cars.
I just added a winch though. Might have to go back up 1/2 turn.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Rarely do I get flashed, but when I do I just give them a reel quick flick.
Also when traveling two lane roads I run with the high beems on, then dim them when I see the oncoming traffic. This signals them that I am not running high beems.
Also, I have turned off the daytime running lights on the fenders. Those are obnoxious.
What an improvement over the JK lights.
Sponsored