AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I know there are several threads about securing a firearm in the Jeep but, I'm going to be a douche and start another one.
Specifically I want to know how the lever action fans are transporting their Americana to and fro.
I finally procured a Henry Big Boy carbine case color hardened .357 after months for searching/waiting. (score!).
I'm not sold on the overhead universal spreader bar type. I do like the fact that the weapon is out of sight with that setup though.
Who makes a sling that works on the back of the front seats? That's where I'm at right now, lots of searching the Google. I have not found anything.
Thinking I might have to go the custom route (!$!) yuk.
So short story short, have you people seen anything out there?
Thanks
Sponsored

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
Since there is molle on the back of the seats, I would think you should be able to find some type of gun case with that system. I believe hunters and snipers often have such a backpack gun case for their long gun.

Something like this, after a quick search:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/multi-functional-tactical-backpack-portable/487065304.html

Or these, made for the back of car seats:
https://www.gunsafes.com/Classic-Accessories-Deluxe-Seat-Back-Gun-Case.html

https://alpineproducts.com/products/alpine-rifle-case

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Pics or it didn't happen, Mark. ;)

Is this the excellence that requires a transport solution?

Jeep Wrangler JL Another gun thread :( sorry 1664629524113

I'm fluent on the matter only as it concerns tactical nutrition, so I hope relevant advice is forthcoming.

Jeep Wrangler JL Another gun thread :( sorry Banana

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Since there is molle on the back of the seats, I would think you should be able to find some type of gun case with that system. I believe hunters and snipers often have such a backpack gun case for their long gun.

Something like this, after a quick search:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/multi-functional-tactical-backpack-portable/487065304.html

Or these, made for the back of car seats:
https://www.gunsafes.com/Classic-Accessories-Deluxe-Seat-Back-Gun-Case.html

https://alpineproducts.com/products/alpine-rifle-case
The molle on the back of the Rubicon seats will last about 3ms with the weight of a rifle and case on them. The plastic pulls away from the seat.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
If you just wanted to do a sling, you might be able to use a vickers sling with the red QD release. set up the sling so when the quick adjust is pulled tight, the rifle is tight against the back of the front seat, pull the QD to release it from the seat, and when you pull the quick adjust to full open it's the right length to use for shoulder carry or a supported position.

It's not an elegant suggestion, but it MIGHT work.

Personally I'd just find a saddle holster and rig that somehow.

here's a link to the first result on google, no idea if these are any good, just for example purposes.

https://www.outfitterssupply.com/Rifle-amp-Bow-Scabbards/products/2/

Sponsored

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
What about a couple of straps up to the headrest to hold the weight. Attached to the molle just to keep it from swaying.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I usually just hold mine sideways and out the window. /s ;)

But personally, if I wanted to always have one of the nicer Henry's with me, I'd keep it in a padded case, well-secured and hidden from sight (though they're definitely too pretty not to display).

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Pics or it didn't happen, Mark. ;)

Is this the excellence that requires a transport solution?

Jeep Wrangler JL Another gun thread :( sorry 1664635012180

I'm fluent on the matter only as it concerns tactical nutrition, so I hope relevant advice is forthcoming.

Jeep Wrangler JL Another gun thread :( sorry 1664635012180
Jeep Wrangler JL Another gun thread :( sorry 0D963A06-B0C3-4750-BDBD-F8CC7846C4C9
Jeep Wrangler JL Another gun thread :( sorry 5DBB94B4-BBFD-4994-86D0-CDA3D684ED1B

It’s a beautiful thing man. I have never been so happy to spend 1k in my life. I am one of those buyers remorse types but, not this time. I have wanted one of these since I was a child. And guns are like Jeeps, the mods are endless. I have ordered a case color hardened peep sight for it and I have yet to send a slug down range. Lol.

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
Jeep Wrangler JL Another gun thread :( sorry 5DBB94B4-BBFD-4994-86D0-CDA3D684ED1B

It’s a beautiful thing man. I have never been so happy to spend 1k in my life. I am one of those buyers remorse types but, not this time. I have wanted one of these since I was a child. And guns are like Jeeps, the mods are endless. I have ordered a case color hardened peep sight for it and I have yet to send a slug down range. Lol.
Gorgeous!!
I picked one up a couple years ago (CCH .44 mag) when Henry had a deal in which you could pick your own personal serial number engraved on the gun.
I love it! But of course, it was like 2 months before they offered the side loading gate... D'OH!! 🤣

jlcalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
The molle on the back of the Rubicon seats will last about 3ms with the weight of a rifle and case on them. The plastic pulls away from the seat.
They make aftermarket seat covers with molle that is stronger.
Sponsored