Sponsored

Another red dash thread??? - I want leather!

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Hi. I have a perfect red dash from my 2019 JLUR. I'm wanting the leather wrapped dash. Anybody want to swap? Ideally, this person will be local and a drive's distance to Bradenton FL but I wouldn't be opposed to shipping. Let me know orif we can come to done kind of arrangement. PM me or reply here. Thanks!
Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I'm all for leather interiors and I got the luxury pack on my JLUR 2019 but I don't miss the leather dash you get in the Sahara (called Overland here) because of that hideous stitching that goes across the middle like it has had some re-assignment surgery done to it. That look exposed stitch look is going to get old too. Plus it doesn't look anywhere nice like the leather dashes you get in something like a Mercedes so anyone who has been in a proper luxury car will only feel sorry for Jeep's leather dash styling. On the other hand, the red metallic dash looks far better in a Jeep and purposeful than in most luxury cars.

Good luck with your dash surgery!

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hi. I have a perfect red dash from my 2019 JLUR. I'm wanting the leather wrapped dash. Anybody want to swap? Ideally, this person will be local and a drive's distance to Bradenton FL but I wouldn't be opposed to shipping. Let me know orif we can come to done kind of arrangement. PM me or reply here. Thanks!
I think you will find that the 'leather' dash is actually vinyl.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Is this the one? Seems less of a headache to just order it.
GIven the OP mentioned the red dash panel that is stock on the Rubicons, they are likely talking about the leather covered/stitched dash panels available on some other models, not the top of the dash in your link.

Example:
20171130003531-4ea77174.jpg

I thought about making that swap myself, but thought the white stitching would look odd with the rest of the red stitching in the Rubicon.

Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

OP
OP
BernJLUR

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
GIven the OP mentioned the red dash panel that is stock on the Rubicons, they are likely talking about the leather covered/stitched dash panels available on some other models, not the top of the dash in your link.

Example:
20171130003531-4ea77174.jpg

I thought about making that swap myself, but thought the white stitching would look odd with the rest of the red stitching in the Rubicon.
Yes the leather/vinyl stitched panel with the white thread. I saw a post here about a guy who carefully hit the threads with a red sharpee marker and they seemed to match the existing red thread really good

stevenismaili

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver Metallic JLU Sahara
anyone have there old jeep dashboard they want to trade for leather ones with white stitching

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Yes the leather/vinyl stitched panel with the white thread. I saw a post here about a guy who carefully hit the threads with a red sharpee marker and they seemed to match the existing red thread really good
i'd find a red dye. sharpie will fade in the sun.

MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4xe, 21 Range Rover HSE,
Vehicle Showcase
I am going back to stock and I have a leather with actual red stitching that I can trade + cash on buyers end
Jeep Wrangler JL Another red dash thread??? - I want leather! IMG_0402.JPG
How much cash are we talking?
Sponsored