Sponsored

Another dead pedal thread?!?!

BIGW0RM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor // 22 M3 Comp X // 20 RRS
I'm using the quadratec pedal https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/driver-side-dead-pedal-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt

It took a very long time for me to get it. I forget the count now but it was something like 6+ months, but it eventually did arrive. Seems like a solid product, easy install, and it has some adjustment in it. A feature on it that I like more than I would have thought is I can lift the pedal up and out of the way. Makes for easy floor mat removal/cleaning, but what I mainly like it for is sometimes I'll just flip it up when I don't want a dead pedal and it stays out of my way. I can flip it up and down with my foot without a fuss.

What really sold me on the QT pedal over other options was the ease of installation, the one OP is considering appears to use the same single bolt. But the difference I think I'm seeing is that the QT pedal has some bracing around, it, so when you're putting your weight on the pedal that weight is supported by the firewall/floor. OPs looks like the weight may be supported mostly by the bolt. As a fat man, I appreciate spreading my weight out as much as possible.

Your post answered all my questions about how they work with floor mats. Hearing it can be flipped up was most helpful too. Thank you!

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Any effect of these pedals on safety in crash? Looks like ankle/lower leg injury in crash test is more likely before this is added in.
It lets you rest your leg about 3" before you could in the jeep without it. Your leg isn't up on the dash. This would have little, if any effect.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Your post answered all my questions about how they work with floor mats. Hearing it can be flipped up was most helpful too. Thank you!
It's a friction thing, so I suspect it may loosen with usage, but so far I haven't had to tighten mine up at all. It'd be easy enough to tighten that one bolt when, or if, it backs out a little.

OP
OP
manapiko

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Has anybody had their brake pedal feel a bit loose after install? Its the weirdest thing, but it seems like my brake pedal shakes a bit now. I'm also a hypochondriac with cares, tbh.

Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Has anybody had their brake pedal feel a bit loose after install? Its the weirdest thing, but it seems like my brake pedal shakes a bit now. I'm also a hypochondriac with cares, tbh.
Maybe you zoned out mid install and loosened the brake.🍔🔄

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392

Blacktip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR
damn the combo is $100 now?! Thats nuts. Was going to order one a few times but always on back order. And its $100? Meh, dont really need one.
I think it was like $20 last week and another $20 for the small piece of rubber. $100 is stupid expensive for a piece of sheet metal and a tiny piece of plastic.... greed!

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
MORE is what I have also. Its a real P.I.T.A. To install also.
I discovered from some trial and error that stuffing my glove behind the bracket helped get the nuts spun on without much effort. I didn't like the first setting and had to pull it back out. 2nd time around it dawned on me that all I needed was a third hand - like my glove wadded up in a ball. I was done in 2 minutes!

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@BIGW0RM if you are looking for one you can have mine. It's the one by M.O.R.E.

Jeep Wrangler JL Another dead pedal thread?!?! 1665526702366

PntBlnk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler HA 4xe
I have a quadratec dead pedal that I bought by mistake thinking that it would fit the 4xe…. Tried the work around and just don’t like the pedal being at that high of an angle. I’ll be posting it in the for sale section this weekend for $75 shipped anywhere in the US. PM if interested ahead of the weekend.

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
I just installed the Quadratec dead pedal and while I haven't driven it yet, I can tell that this is going to be a great addition to my Jeep. Although the install couldn't have been easier, getting the nut off under the dash was a bitch. I couldn't get under the dash enough to get any leverage on it and it was on tight! Finally that 20" ratchet extension that I bought years ago paid off. I knew it would come in handy some day. My only complaint is that it is unpainted aluminum so I had to spend some time spray painting it so it blends in.
Jeep Wrangler JL Another dead pedal thread?!?! DeadPedal2
Sponsored