Another dead pedal option. . .

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
I was about to go with one of the other dead pedal offerings via Amazon when I came across another option that was new to me. So new there were no reviews yet, but for less than half the cost of the others, I decided to give it a try. It's pretty simple and took me about 15 minutes to install, with 10 of those minutes for bodily contortions to stuff one's head, arms, and hands way way under the dash. Wait, forgot something, contort to access again and repeat as necessary. Another minute tacked on to fetch another nut from the garage when one went. . . somewhere. Simple kit - 3 main components, the fasteners, and a photocopied instruction sheet. The steel is beefy for what it is and the powdercoat seemed good so far. The tilted grille pattern doesn't matter to me as I can't see it anyway. The approach on this one is to first install a small plate that has threaded studs welded to it that you feed thru some existing holes in the Jeep - this is the trickiest part along with just trying to get your wrench in those tight spots, but it wasn't a total PITA. Pick your pedal position (3 to choose from, close to far), then bolt the pedal and hook shaped bracket to each other, then to the threaded studs. Done. It's up off the floor mat a decent amount, so don't expect your entire foot to be up against it. If you pick a forward position for the pedal, one of the connecting nuts will be behind it, which may test your (blind) wrenching chops. Here's the link, good luck, let the games begin: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LF9G6BY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg
Sponsored

nymarty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S 2-door
Thanks for sharing this. Does this install to left side panel? Or to front area? How solid does it feel once installed? Would you recommend it?

OP
OP
jeepixel

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for sharing this. Does this install to left side panel? Or to front area? How solid does it feel once installed? Would you recommend it?
Yes, it installs to left side metal piece above the plastic side panel. Looking at my second pic, the plastic panel is left of the dead pedal, directly above it is the "hook" shaped component of the dead pedal that bolts to the Jeep metal panel. Look at the 3 main parts on the Amazon listing pics and you'll see the flat bar with the two welded threaded studs on it. That's the piece you fit by carefully sliding it behind the Jeep metal panel and sticking the studs thru existing (Jeep) holes back towards the brake pedal, then you fit the hook shaped piece on to it. Tougher to explain than to do! Yes, it's quite solid and it's a keeper.

JoeG

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Thanks for posting this. I have been wanting a dead pedal since I picked up my JL but wasn't about to spend crazy money on one.

Sponsored

bloodwar

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU // 2018 JL 2Door
I installed this one as well, aside from the blind contortionist ability required for installation in the closest position it went well. It is as stated basically a M.O.R.E. knockoff but at the price it is I figured I'd try it, so far no complaints.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Sorry M.O.R.E. I'm not a fan of the Jeep grille laser cutout on this thing, but the M.O.R.E. version is ridiculously expensive...

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Dri...56------------&vehicleName=2018+Jeep+Wrangler

Here is another version without the Jeep grill for $35. Almost double the cost as the OP's version, but still nearly half the expense as M.O.R.E..

I've looked at all of these and I would bet they all originate from the same factory in China and basically identical but for the foot rest itself. Just depends on what foot rest design you prefer and how much you are willing to spend to get it. The laws of economics are starting to catch up to the JL, just as they did with the JK and so on.

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
After seeing this post I ordered this one and just installed it. Very solid and the finish seems good since it held up to me knocking wrenches against it a few times with no scratches. For $20 I figured I'd give it a shot and I don't see how the more expensive ones could be any better
IMG_20190228_141700652.jpg

winkopp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
My first install was pretty simple. I decided to adjust the spacing and tried a second install. I could not get the pedal back on the back bracket, no mater how I tried. Turned out the back bracket with the two studs had bent slightly on first install. After bending it back into the proper shape, the second install went fine.

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My first install was pretty simple. I decided to adjust the spacing and tried a second install. I could not get the pedal back on the back bracket, no mater how I tried. Turned out the back bracket with the two studs had bent slightly on first install. After bending it back into the proper shape, the second install went fine.
Tried to install last night and gave up. How the heck does one contort to get it on? Any tips or tricks?

OP
OP
jeepixel

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tried to install last night and gave up. How the heck does one contort to get it on? Any tips or tricks?
First, take a super hot bath to loosen the muscles, then 15 minutes of stretching, then twist yourself into a perfect rope pretzel. . . Ok, but seriously, we're all built a little different, but I practically dove in head and arms first, ending up basically upside down with my back on the door sill. Put a blanket or something on the sill to protect your back. In that almost upside down position, my feet on flat on the ground, shoulders and head twisted a bit to face the install. Worklight already in position way under there to see the work area, with the wrenches, fasteners, and parts on the floor in front of my face where I can see and get to them. Locate the two holes in the Jeep side panel that are the destination target, feel behind it and there should be just enough space to get the bracket with the two threaded studs in place and thru the holes. Once that bracket was in place, I put a piece of gorilla tape on it to keep the studs from backing out while I pushed on the hook shaped bracket. Wrench it tight and your done and go reward yourself with a cold one. Or two. If you can get in that position, it will go fast. Good luck, you can do it!

winkopp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I used the paper towel between the metal piece with the studs and the Jeep wall to prevent it from falling back.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
From the pictures ( mounting and adjustments ), it's a exact copy of the M.O.R.E. unit I have. At a way better price! I really like the M.O.R.E. unit but have not really said much about it, because the cost. I think a fare price point would be around $40.
This copy is a great deal under $25.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the pictures ( mounting and adjustments ), it's a exact copy of the M.O.R.E. unit I have. At a way better price! I really like the M.O.R.E. unit but have not really said much about it, because the cost. I think a fare price point would be around $40.
This copy is a great deal under $25.
This is true, but the mounting is even more difficult because there is no bolt plate like the M.O.R.E.. Instead there are just two separate loose bolts, meaning its that much harder to mount the damn thing!
Sponsored