ANOTHER aux switch panel problem post...I know, sorry

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Awesome. Thank you. That’s exactly what I was wondering.

do you know if there is any difference between activating with dealer or Tazer?
I don't have any personal experience with the Tazer. I believe there are plenty of Jeep owners on this forum that have activated them with tools like the Tazer. Hopefully one of them will chime in....
Sponsored

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Awesome. Thank you. That’s exactly what I was wondering.

do you know if there is any difference between activating with dealer or Tazer?
I used a Tazer to activate mine. The only issue I have had was after the dealer did some work on my Jeep, with it unmarried, I had to reactivate the switches. Not a big deal.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I used a Tazer to activate mine. The only issue I have had was after the dealer did some work on my Jeep, with it unmarried, I had to reactivate the switches. Not a big deal.
So the upgrade isn’t “Permanent” in that if you got rid of your Tazer, say it quits working on 10 years, it would revert back? Like the dealer changed my tire size and I’m assuming that’s hard coded in there now. Weird.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
So the upgrade isn’t “Permanent” in that if you got rid of your Tazer, say it quits working on 10 years, it would revert back? Like the dealer changed my tire size and I’m assuming that’s hard coded in there now. Weird.

I doubt anything is permanent in these with how much is controlled by the computer.

Simann

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
There are five fuses in the wiring harness. Four are in the switch circuit and one is in the power line. I think it was a fifteen amp fuse. If the Jeep was here I would take a picture. It won’t be home until Tuesday.

Where is this 5th fuse at again? The dealer installed my AUX switches (Rubicon), i'm having a little bit of a conundrum, wondering if they only put i a 5 amp fuse in the 15 amp as well...

My thread:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...tory-aux-switches-fuse-connection-help.57411/

Sponsored

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Where is this 5th fuse at again? The dealer installed my AUX switches (Rubicon), i'm having a little bit of a conundrum, wondering if they only put i a 5 amp fuse in the 15 amp as well...

My thread:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...tory-aux-switches-fuse-connection-help.57411/
I believe the 5th fuse is on the red power line. (1 for each aux buttonx4 + 1 for power).

Edit: If the dealer installed it via the instructions, all of the fuses should be along the firewall and zip tied along the top. I'll need to take a look but I believe the power line fuse is further along and closer to the battery.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Hey Everyone, I am having a funky issue with my install where the ESS system works fine until I use the Tazer to enable the AUX switches. Once I enable them with the Tazer the Jeep pops a "Stop/Start Not Ready Battery Charging" message that will not go away until undoing the changes with the Tazer. Switches will appear to function as normal after the coding update but the ESS system constantly says battery charging no matter how long I drive. It also popped an ESS error yesterday driving for over an hour that I have been chasing my tail trying to figure out. I started a thread for it since I haven't read of this issue on the forum yet. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I'm going nuts trying to figure it out.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tazer-jl-mopar-aux-switch-ess-issue.58102/

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Does anyone have a picture of the mystery 5th fuse? A picture would be very helpuful please:)

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Does anyone have a picture of the mystery 5th fuse? A picture would be very helpuful please:)
If this is the installation of self installed Aux buttons, below is a picture of the fuse but it should be easy to locate. Find the power lines (should be 2 bundled together) coming from the battery that head to the relays on the drivers side. About 6"-12" from the battery, you should find the fuse case for power. Further along after the wire bundles come together, you'll find the 4 Aux button fuses. You can see those in the picture further back.

Jeep Wrangler JL ANOTHER aux switch panel problem post...I know, sorry Aux.Power.Fus

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I wonder where the main aux fuse is for the ones installed at the factory. I'll have to look at the wiring diagram as all I see thats obvious is Aux 1=F93, Aux2=F92, Aux3=F103, & Aux4=F108

Sponsored

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Thanks, I wonder where the main aux fuse is for the ones installed at the factory. I'll have to look at the wiring diagram as all I see thats obvious is Aux 1=F93, Aux2=F92, Aux3=F103, & Aux4=F108
I assume you missed where the TSB in the following thread lists all 6 fuses for factory installed switches here as Battery - F72 - 10 Amp and Ignition F50 - 10 Amp from here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/lost-power-on-aux-switch-thoughts.43293/post-955500 ?

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep the other 2 10A fuses for ignition & batt were also good, F72 & F50. I think the switch must just be bad. I noticed last night with the headlights on there no back light either. May have always been like that, not sure.

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
Hi guys. I just installed the Mopar aux switch kit. The 5amp fuse is fine. I got no power to the switches fyi it’s on my 22 wrangler ecodiesel which I opd out when ordering it a few months ago
Any ideas ? Do I really need the Tazer ? I’m currently tracing back all the wires like #13 orange on the passenger side kick panel … the aux fuse box (black box ) has 4 relays. And next to them are 4 empty spots for small fuses. But there is no connection looking down in the slots. And the Mopar manual doesn’t mention anything. Did I miss something here ? Pls chime in … 👍

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Hi guys. I just installed the Mopar aux switch kit. The 5amp fuse is fine. I got no power to the switches fyi it’s on my 22 wrangler ecodiesel which I opd out when ordering it a few months ago
Any ideas ? Do I really need the Tazer ? I’m currently tracing back all the wires like #13 orange on the passenger side kick panel … the aux fuse box (black box ) has 4 relays. And next to them are 4 empty spots for small fuses. But there is no connection looking down in the slots. And the Mopar manual doesn’t mention anything. Did I miss something here ? Pls chime in … 👍
Did you get them activated yet? Either by taking it to a dealer to program or using a tool like the tazer to enable?

The lights will not come on nor will they work until they are enabled. The fuses were located inline on the wires from the relay box when I installed it on my 2019.

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
Did you get them activated yet? Either by taking it to a dealer to program or using a tool like the tazer to enable?

The lights will not come on nor will they work until they are enabled. The fuses were located inline on the wires from the relay box when I installed it on my 2019.
Hi. Thanks for the reply 👍👍 so that’s what it is ? Needs to be activated ? Wow. I’ve been tracing evrything back for hours lol. Thanks for letting me know. I’ll try it with my Autel scanner. If not I’ll buy the tazer I guess. Much appreciated

also just now I saw a check engine light. Lost communication with TCM. Weird. I did disconnect the big gray plug in the passenger kick panel While I think I had the ignition on ACC , hope it’s not something. Serious. It’s a brand new Jeep 🍻
Sponsored