First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast
Thank you all. I guess I am thinking old school, buy switch, hook to power, and to device, done. Not through Uconnect, so I can have multiple switch functionality. Nice feature, nice kit to, but does seem a little pricy for gaining 4 switches. The plastic piece that goes next to the switch panel they sell separate for only $14. Not sure what else in the kit would cost so much, plus when done you still have to pay the dealership. I do like the clean look though.

Have to do some more research when I get ready. Thanks Again.
Lots of threads on this already, but the reason I went with the OEM module (and paid quite a penny for installation/programming) is that it gives you 4 wires already fused and ready to just hook up t lights (no in-line fuse necessary) under the hood, AND....the same 4 wires inside the passenger footwell, with 2 additional ones: Battery/constant on, and Ignition on...meaning 6 wires total inside. So you can wire up a whole slew of lights and accessories both in and out. Plus, you get programming on your Infotainment which lets you choose what you want the electrical system to do when you hit an AUX button and whether you want it to remember the status when you restart the vehicle. The aftermarket options are plentiful and customizable for sure, but with the OEM setup you get great capability in and out of the vehicle. Not an advertisement, just put it in mine and the options for wiring are crazy convenient and the system works great for me. Good luck!
Sponsored

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Thanks for chiming in. That's interesting. I did not know you got the 6 wires inside. I will have to check it out, no one has mentioned that before. This is with the Mopar OEM kit?

I will have to research to see how it all works. Four switches 10 wires?

Thanks

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Hands down, they are my all time favorite, and pulled off the best live show I've ever been to. When Trent sat down at the piano.... wow... gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.
That album still gives me goose bumps every time I listen to it. So amazing. Never saw them live, unfortunately.

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
I ordered the Aux switch kit from BAM wholesale, they were the cheapest and had my dealer do the install, charged me 2 hours labor to do it.

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
Thanks for chiming in. That's interesting. I did not know you got the 6 wires inside. I will have to check it out, no one has mentioned that before. This is with the Mopar OEM kit?

Thanks
You only get the internal wires if it is installed at the factory, otherwise you just get 4 in the engine bay.

Sponsored

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast

Thanks
Yep. 2 under the hood at 40amps, 2 under the hood at 15amps. The four inside: 2 @ 40amps which is the same circuit as under the hood (ie--push the button, wires activate under the hood AND inside), 2 @ 15amps which are the same circuit as under the hood as well. 2 more, one which is "always on", and 1 which is "ignition on only". Regardless, I feel it was worth is for me. I put lots of effort into wiring...ie--creating wiring harnesses for my lights which are protected, sealed water tight, and with Deutsch DT connectors. Was worth it.

Shooting Star

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JL Sport Altitude
I wanted to do the OEM switch also. I watched a few YouTube videos that show the inside wires, underhood wires and all the functionality that you can program into the switches. If I had a do over I'd order the vehicle I wanted in September while they still had the 2021 colors available. Because of vehicle availability issues I kinda settled on a JL Sort Altitude but I'm pleased with my choice so far. The mods to get it like I want it will be more work and $$$ than ordering it from the factory.

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Ok, so let's see if I can get this right.

First, cost. You can get the kit for around $300 give or take. I can install it myself, so the only cost is the kit. On the jeep site, if ordering the Aux. Switch package is $845 but it mentions other stuff like alternator and battery. Don't know if these are things we already have. Point, though is if all your doing is the kit it's cheaper than ordering it, unless your paying for labor.

Switch's / wires. So you turn on Aux. One. It puts power to the wire under the hood and inside etc. Etc. So you can't separate the one from under the hood being powered from the inside wire. Or can you do this with uconnect ?

Otherwise whatever your powering under the hood, would also power whatever the inside wire is connected to. This doesn't make sense to me, or I am still not understanding.

Also if the OEM can wire it to use all the wires, why can't I ? Makes no sense that only the OEM can do it.

Thanks.

Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I was wanting more switches on top of the 4 factory aux, and wanted them in a more convenient location to use on the fly without pulling my eyes too far away from the road. I opted for the SwitchPros SP9100 switch panel and controller. It's more money than the mopar system, but it's super easy to install, due to only having to route a coms cable from the underhood controller to the switch panel at the base of the a-pillar grab handle. This is the bundle I got from Northridge 4x4...

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...pros-8-switch-panel-power-system-mounting-kit

20210117_125015.jpg
20210216_120725.jpg
20210131_185424.jpg
That's a really nice looking setup.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
If you go with the Mopar kit, know that you have to take it to dealership to have them flash the computer to see the switches. Was a deal breaker for me. I went with Switch Pros too, and love it. Connects with your phone for programming, many advantages over Mopar. Can you install the switches, sure. Will it work, nope. Not until you make an appt, and pay dealership to flash computer.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
If you go with the Mopar kit, know that you have to take it to dealership to have them flash the computer to see the switches. Was a deal breaker for me. I went with Switch Pros too, and love it. Connects with your phone for programming, many advantages over Mopar. Can you install the switches, sure. Will it work, nope. Not until you make an appt, and pay dealership to flash computer.
A trip to the dealer is not necessary. There are aftermarket programmers that can be had starting at about $100 that will enable the factory aux switches, among other things.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Ok, so let's see if I can get this right.

First, cost. You can get the kit for around $300 give or take. I can install it myself, so the only cost is the kit. On the jeep site, if ordering the Aux. Switch package is $845 but it mentions other stuff like alternator and battery. Don't know if these are things we already have. Point, though is if all your doing is the kit it's cheaper than ordering it, unless your paying for labor.

Switch's / wires. So you turn on Aux. One. It puts power to the wire under the hood and inside etc. Etc. So you can't separate the one from under the hood being powered from the inside wire. Or can you do this with uconnect ?

Otherwise whatever your powering under the hood, would also power whatever the inside wire is connected to. This doesn't make sense to me, or I am still not understanding.

Also if the OEM can wire it to use all the wires, why can't I ? Makes no sense that only the OEM can do it.

Thanks.
It doesn’t use any factory wires, and I don’t think I got interior battery and ignition.
It connects to the can bus with one wire that you have to pin into a connector to communicate with Uconnect, everything else is new.

and, yes, four circuits only, each with an interior and/or exterior connection.
Sponsored