Android Auto. Anyone with the update?

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Has anyone gotten the update for android auto? I forced the update through a trusted apk file but my uconnect seems the same. Idk if FCA has to do something on their end but I'm pretty sure it runs from our cellphones.
Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I got it yesterday.
I cleared cache, cleared data and forced a stop of Android Auto earlier in the day.
Once in my Jeep, a few miles down the road, I pressed the O icon in the middle of the lower tool bar on the Jeeps display and one of the messages said someting a out unplugging and unplugging my phone to get to see the new version of Android Auto.

On my one drive home from work, I liked what I saw of it so far.

OP
OP

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Got the update, looks a bit different due to lack of screen area but still great

Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Got the update, but it didn't fix the one issue that makes Android Auto useless for me. When I launch any music player, the volume sets itself to 2 and can't be adjusted.

JB4818

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon; 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
I got the update yesterday. When I plugged in my phone a message popped up asking if I would like to use the new android auto. I did not have to do anything on the phone first. I have the 7" screen and it looks the same with the exception that it takes up the entire screen instead of leaving a bar at the bottom to easily switch to the other uconnect screens. You still need to hit the exit button to go back to uconnect.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Got the update, but it didn't fix the one issue that makes Android Auto useless for me. When I launch any music player, the volume sets itself to 2 and can't be adjusted.
Sounds like an issue with your phone. Any chance to pop someone else's phone in there to check it? Maybe one of your older phones if you have one? Otherwise a fault with the head unit.
Android auto updates on your phone, of course have nothing to do with the head unit itself as it contains only mirroring functionality and only acts as an external touchscreen and speaker.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Sounds like an issue with your phone. Any chance to pop someone else's phone in there to check it? Maybe one of your older phones if you have one? Otherwise a fault with the head unit.
Android auto updates on your phone, of course have nothing to do with the head unit itself as it contains only mirroring functionality and only acts as an external touchscreen and speaker.
I have a Galaxy S9+ with the latest Android OS update. I'd be really surprised if it was my individual phone. In fact, it actually worked fine a few versions of Android Auto ago. Having said that, Android Auto does work better with Google devices. Supposedly, it even allowing them to connect via BT so that you don't have to plug your phone in.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
How did you get the update?

Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Interesting, the bottom buttons of your uconnect UI look different than mine. Did those change with the update too?

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
@InvertedLogic

you know that the 8.4 uconnect has built in themes, right? they're in the settings menu. controls button shape, highlight color and background. I assume the 7 has similar but don't know first hand.
I knew you could change colors, but hadn't looked at button shape. I'll check it out.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I have a Galaxy S9+ with the latest Android OS update. I'd be really surprised if it was my individual phone. In fact, it actually worked fine a few versions of Android Auto ago. Having said that, Android Auto does work better with Google devices. Supposedly, it even allowing them to connect via BT so that you don't have to plug your phone in.
It can only be an error with the phone or the headunit.
More likely is the phone. The headunit is just a display and speaker connected via the android auto api. You must have a friend with an android phone you can just plug in to see if his works.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I have the 4.5 update but the UI wont show up in the jeep screen. I tried clear cache, data and check aa settings for the "try new interface" button but it was not there. This is in an S8+. Seems like the pushes are random.

Edit: i deleted the app, went through the permissions then go to settings on the AA app. Under general "try new android auto" finally appeared.
20190805_162448.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: