DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
For those experiencing freezing of the screen, volume, etc., one of the nice features of a Tazer JL is the ability to reboot your Uconnect quickly and easily. I've had some of that in the past and the reboot takes care of it every time. Sometimes I think the Uconnect behaves as if it is overtaxed and doesn't have enough RAM. That's just a wild guess, though. Mine has settled down from those issues quite a bit, so I'm thinking it is more likely Android related, but those reboots did work.
Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Do you use the Samsung Sound Assistant app? That caused me to have this issue and a million others. Disabling it for Spotify fixed everything.
Nope. I did get the audio working properly once last week. Trying to recall the exact sequence of steps, but I think what I did was try launching a bunch of different music apps once AA booted up and adjusting the volume. None of them allowed me to change the volume from 4 until I launched Google's own music app and then pressed the voice button on the steering wheel, then adjusted the volume. After that, the volume on any other music app was adjustable. Next time I restarted the Jeep, couldn't adjust the volume again and it was stuck at 4. Tried to replicate the steps I took before, but couldn't get it to work and just gave up.