First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I will also say that the cable that came with your phone is always the best bet. It is possible that you need to give AA microphone permissions or something. Sitting still, unlock your phone while it is connect and try a voice command through the Jeep. It might show a pop-up on your phone for allowing permissions. If not, maybe un-install AA and re-install and go through the setup again.
Sponsored

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you this cable works fine for my Pixel 2 XL. It is nice to have the right angle as well if you are going USB C to USB C

UGREEN USB C to USB C Cable Right Angle 90 Degree Type C 60W PD Fast Charging Compatible for Google Pixel 3 2 XL, Samsung Galaxy Note 10 S9 S8 S10, MacBook Air, iPad Pro 2018, Nintendo Switch (3FT)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PLYW6R7/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_62dwEb5ZXRD76

OP
OP
gbr

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
When you say "Waze telling me"? Do you ever get the AA icon in the lower right of your screen?
I ask because spotify and waze will produce sound over bluetooth even when AA is not running.

On mine at least, the phone icon becomes AA when it connects
Xs4AZGuwP1YIKNfLXWEqrmCwPYeF939dcbLw9H_DbxS7EWffApG7i5bOaG0Sa84R_ZV_r9017Yi1K2Ax1cqDa87QwCL34xgC.jpg
Absolutely getting Android Auto connected.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Hoping all the AA experts can help me with a text problem I'm encountering. I'm on a Samsung S10, USB cable connected. If Google Maps is on screen and a text comes in I get the pop up on the screen.

If Uconnect's SiriusXM is on the screen, I don't get a new text notification.

(These are usually the only two screens I view while driving)

Any advice?

Thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
gbr

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I did not read all the posts above but are all the AA permissions allowed on your Galaxy?

Screenshot_20200227-210741_Settings.jpg
Yes all matching settings. And I forgot to specify previously, the text notifications don't show on the Uconnect SiriusXM screen. Thx.

OP
OP
gbr

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Did you say what kind of phone you have?
I'm not sure if you're asking me, or PA-Punkin, who stole the thread instead of starting their own.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+. Hopefully I'll get my Jeep back today and can test with a new cable.

Gerald

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure if you're asking me, or PA-Punkin, who stole the thread instead of starting their own.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+. Hopefully I'll get my Jeep back today and can test with a new cable.

Gerald
My bad, new member and still learning this forum's ediquite

Sponsored

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Hoping all the AA experts can help me with a text problem I'm encountering. I'm on a Samsung S10, USB cable connected. If Google Maps is on screen and a text comes in I get the pop up on the screen.

Any advice?

Thanks
This just is the intended behavior. If XM is on the screen you just aren't in Android Auto any more so you won't be getting any notifications.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
This just is the intended behavior. If XM is on the screen you just aren't in Android Auto any more so you won't be getting any notifications.
Was worried that would be the outcome. thank you

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase

Any advice?

Thanks
I will have to check, I don't plug in and use AA often unless I need to use WAZE. But I do knwo that when connected via bluetooth, I get notices on the Sirius screen.

Now I will note, that group texts will not appear on the screen at all, at least not for me.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Any advice?

Thanks
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

Gerald
Yeah, I was directing it towards you. I have no issues with my Galaxy S8+ but I did have a few issues after one of the updates and had to activate the Google assistant as discussed in one of the previous replies. I think your issue may be more related to your phone than your head unit. I may try to uninstall and reinstall AA, check your permissions and try again.

As an FYI, my USB C cable that came with my phone works fine along with the ones I bought on Amazon. They also work fine from every USB in my Jeep.
Sponsored