Sponsored

Air Pressure Gauge for Airing Down or Up?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I'm tired of cheap air pressure gauges that give out or get stuck etc What air pressure gauges do you guys use to accurately AIR down or up?

Thinking of trying this RHINO USA one.
Sponsored

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Dude, you already have an onboard gauge - your TPMS. And your compressor, if you have one, should have a gauge, too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Dude, you already have an onboard gauge - your TPMS. And your compressor, if you have one, should have a gauge, too.
Ya but it doesn’t work instantly. You have to release air, drive a bit, and so forth.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Ya but it doesn’t work instantly. You have to release air, drive a bit, and so forth.
That's not true, it is instantaneous. I have an ARB on-board compressor and it reads the tire pressure as it rises. Maybe there is a 5 second lag time, but thats it. On the contrary, I have a Toyota Tundra that is NOT instantaneous and I do have to drive around, but the Jeep's TPMS is unbelievable.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
That's not true, it is instantaneous. I have an ARB on-board compressor and it reads the tire pressure as it rises. Maybe there is a 5 second lag time, but thats it. On the contrary, I have a Toyota Tundra that is NOT instantaneous and I do have to drive around, but the Jeep's TPMS is unbelievable.
My sensors are not instantaneous it takes a short drive distance to get them to update

Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR

The few second lag time is worth at least 0-3 psi depending on your compressor

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR

NHJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 CJ5
Staun's really work out well. As soon as I get to the trail I screw them on then go socialize or work on my other gear. If I get distracted it doesn't matter since they stop by themselves and can sit there until I come back. Used to pass them around a fair amount to others that wanted the same psi.

For filling back up I gave up on the compressor route and have a co2 tank with a regulator and high flow gauge. Insane how quick it gets pressure back up.