Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU SPORT
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
I run this same setup, however, as others have stated with other setups, my hose heated up and blew a hole in it. I replaced it with a better hose and has been going strong for a while now.
Yea I noticed that too. I am gonna run a better hose setup that is more sustainable for the heat now that way I’m not left stranded with a hole In my hose
Sponsored

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I noticed that too. I am gonna run a better hose setup that is more sustainable for the heat now that way I’m not left stranded with a hole In my hose
It's a good option, I got lucky and mine blow when i was only 1 psi low on my last tire. I replaced it with some lowes coiled line and it seems to work quite well. I'm planning to mount it in the back eventually, that way I can just turn it on and off.

ILikeTacos

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Where did ya'll get the replacement hose? My hose blew my last trip out after 5 years of faithful use (mine was an old Q Industries one before they were "discovered").

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Has anyone seen a Powertank Mount that’ll fit the 2 door? They have a new one for the JLU but in the 2 door that area is used by wheel well hump. The rollbar mount gets in the way of the soft top. Any ideas?

Sponsored

Grumpy Wrangler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 door JL
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone seen a Powertank Mount that’ll fit the 2 door? They have a new one for the JLU but in the 2 door that area is used by wheel well hump. The rollbar mount gets in the way of the soft top. Any ideas?
I had to weld and fab one up for this very reason. I used the soft top mounting holes.

7F3E3DF5-FE14-4F91-A43E-F7A728F1380E.jpeg

2E67A0FE-3DD0-4D60-A71C-3732E968D456.jpeg

Mr.Herms

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Highly recommend ARB CKMP12! I chose for a long time, compared the characteristics and realized that this is the best in its price category. I got one article https://jeepequipment.com/portable-air-compressors-for-jeeps/ In which it was written for the best Portable Air Compressor, After reading and thinking for a long time... I decided to buy CKMP12

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Hey all,

I'm still waiting for my Jeep to arrive (long story, lots of missed delivery dates, now only "TBD", lack of info from Jeep... bitterness), and I was looking around for what other things I might want to have for off roading/rock crawling. An air compressor to re-inflate tires before headed back on the road seemed like something I could look for to waste some time while waiting.

I'm leaning towards a portable system.It might be nice to be able to grab it and go if I need it in another vehicle. There also doesn't seem to be many installed options for the JL yet, so that would be a hard sell for me.

I'd rather buy something quality that won't take an hour or so to air back up, and will last a good while.

Viair seems to be a popular company, and I've heard other people with Jeeps locally own them--but there are so many models from -very- affordable to questionably unaffordable.

Can anyone make a suggestion, even for another make/model?

Being portable, it would be super great if it came with a carrying bag and accessory kit for the basics. I know that when you get "kits" they usually aren't the highest quality parts though, so if you think there's a better option let me know!

Also, my gut is telling me that a 12v system would be best, even though the JLUR has the 110V inverter. It seems logical that having something that can work on 12v would be better than taking 12v, cranking it up to 110v, and be limited by wattage--which may be something a compressor is greedy for. If I'm wrong here, let me know as well!
Man, there are a million options out there. Go check out some you tube vids. There is a vast difference in output, and duty cycle so understand that and how you will use it. I went SmittyBilt because I wanted something decent but I am not using it everyday.

jasonhodges

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Application Architect
I too am looking for new options. Last season I got by with one of those cheaper red compressors posted earlier. This season I have more weight and 37's so I don't think it will cut it.
My main wants are the following:
  • air up each tire quickly to a desired psi, ideally without having to gauge check it periodically
  • OR, a matrix system that would allow all four tires to be aired up simultaneously
  • ability to double as a utility compressor for tools, mattresses, ballon animals, etc.
For comparison, a matrix system from UpDownAir complete with ARB compressor will put you just over $900 before tax / shipping.
https://updownair.com/product/air-i...-with-a-storage-bag-push-to-connect-fittings/

Quick search looks like a system from Powertank would start around $500.

As for airing down, anyone had any experience with the JT Brooks deflators? I've had my eye on a 4pak of these.

edit: One other thing to consider with CO2 vs compressor is if you camp and care about noise. Obviously the CO2 option will be more respectful to your camping neighbors (should you have any)

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I too am looking for new options. Last season I got by with one of those cheaper red compressors posted earlier. This season I have more weight and 37's so I don't think it will cut it.
  • air up each tire quickly to a desired psi, ideally without having to gauge check it periodically
  • OR, a matrix system that would allow all four tires to be aired up simultaneously
  • ability to double as a utility compressor for tools, mattresses, ballon animals, etc.
For comparison, a matrix system from UpDownAir complete with ARB compressor will put you just over $900 before tax / shipping.
https://updownair.com/product/air-i...-with-a-storage-bag-push-to-connect-fittings/

Quick search looks like a system from Powertank would start around $500.

As for airing down, anyone had any experience with the JT Brooks deflators? I've had my eye on a 4pak of these.

edit: One other thing to consider with CO2 vs compressor is if you camp and care about noise. Obviously the CO2 option will be more respectful to your camping neighbors (should you have any)
Coyote air deflators are good and reasonably priced

Sponsored

crothrock2000

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
EA61D149-AFD5-437E-84DC-C393A6B0AF5B.jpeg
Viair 450P. For the price and the functionality, you're not going to beat it with anything out there. You want portable? Check. You want a bag with accessories? Check. As a bonus, it has an automatic shutoff and start once you turn the switch on, so it won't overheat. Again, I don't see anything out there that beats it. I bought it in Dec. just after I ordered the JL and tested it on my 33" K02's on the F-150. From 20 psi to 60 psi was right at 5 min.

https://www.amazon.com/Viair-Automatic-Function-Portable-Compressor/dp/B000X9EGFS

I got the same thing. Wanted something that I could use in the Jeep and our Polaris Ranger. I’ve only used it once, and it worked great!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm about to order the Viair 440P portable kit. It has 51% more cfm at 20 and 30 psi than the 450P and fills a 12.5x35 faster than any of their others. Of the regular automotive online sellers, Jegs has a great price at $297.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
  • air up each tire quickly to a desired psi, ideally without having to gauge check it periodically ...
A redneck work around for the lack of an inline pressure gauge is a stop watch. 20psi to 39psi with my stock KO2s on the Rubicon, takes about 2 min and 10 sec. The last tire takes a little longer ... the pump is running hotter by tire number four.
Sponsored