AEV 2.5"

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
How is the bowing on the front springs?A lot of people with the mopar lift had to get a set of correction pads from RK or other company to fix the Bowing issue.
I used correction pads as well, no issues so far.
Sponsored

hmnshee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Hello everyone,
This lift kit come in one label ( package ) if not how many packages ?

JeffK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Ram 2500 5.9 2019 JLU Rubicon
Hello everyone,
This lift kit come in one label ( package ) if not how many packages ?
I believe mine came in 4 boxes it might depend where you buy it from. They may put everything in one large box.
1- 4 shocks
1 - Hardware, jack base, procal
1- Springs
1- geometry correction brackets

CFC4953

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Hey guys I’ve been going back and forth on the AEV lift. I just sold my JKU with a 4 inch Superlift. Have a JLUR on the way. I know Superlift isn’t talked much on here but i liked the look of it because it sat so tall with 37s

How tall is the AEV 2.5? I’ve read just about everywhere that it’s more like 3.5 if you don’t load the truck up with all the extra weight. Def want comfort which AEV seems to provide. But looking tall is a big thing for me

Also AEV recommends BFGs for tires, anyone running anything else on this lift? I know BFGs run small and I’m all about height. Also light tire with not much road noise would be a plus

JeffK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Ram 2500 5.9 2019 JLU Rubicon
Hey guys I’ve been going back and forth on the AEV lift. I just sold my JKU with a 4 inch Superlift. Have a JLUR on the way. I know Superlift isn’t talked much on here but i liked the look of it because it sat so tall with 37s

How tall is the AEV 2.5? I’ve read just about everywhere that it’s more like 3.5 if you don’t load the truck up with all the extra weight. Def want comfort which AEV seems to provide. But looking tall is a big thing for me

Also AEV recommends BFGs for tires, anyone running anything else on this lift? I know BFGs run small and I’m all about height. Also light tire with not much road noise would be a plus
You will get 3-3.5” depending on which Jeep. I run 35x12.50 Nitto ridge grapplers I’ve seen people run 37’s. I didn’t because it’s an everyday vehicle.
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" FBAA946F-CE7B-440B-B8C6-DED403D1FFB6

Last edited:

Sponsored

CFC4953

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Another 650 miles driven on my new AEV 2.5” lift. With respect to on road performance, I can without any reservations say that it is levels better than my the OEM JLUR set-up, which I had driven over 14K miles for n the past 7 months.

It is smooth and very responsive. No noticeable body roll going through the curves in the high and low deserts. It handled all the road imperfections easily and comfortably. Interstate driving at 75 to 80 mph with a very relaxed hand at the 7 to 8 o’cLock position on the steering wheel.

Very pleased with this lift!
I know this is an old post but any idea what the loft is measured at the roof line?

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
@somedude922
Here is a thread I found where @voland and @Kurt0 are using both geometry brackets and longer lca’s.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ection-brackets-for-2-lift-recommended.48550/
I’d reach out to them for specifics or maybe they will chime in.
I have my washer set to the 2.5-3 inch lift. I won’t know if this is enough or not until my alignment scheduled late May.
would you say aev or rock crawler adventure series lift for blasting through the dunes

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Anybody using the AEV lift without all the heavy accessories? I might not end up with steel bumpers, or a roof rack. Not certain.

Will it be an ok option for me at a lighter weight? The AEV salesman told me that their variable spring rates will compensate for not being loaded down, but my golden rule is to never trust somebody who's trying to sell you something.

When I go on trips with it, I'll have as much crammed in it as possible I'm sure. Might need a roof rack eventually.

Will be used as a daily driver and I don't want it to handle like crap on the road. Also drive a ton of dirt washboard/rutted up roads living in Montana. Always lurking around in the mountains too.

Thanks!

jlur_2019

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Anybody using the AEV lift without all the heavy accessories? I might not end up with steel bumpers, or a roof rack. Not certain.

Will it be an ok option for me at a lighter weight? The AEV salesman told me that their variable spring rates will compensate for not being loaded down, but my golden rule is to never trust somebody who's trying to sell you something.

When I go on trips with it, I'll have as much crammed in it as possible I'm sure. Might need a roof rack eventually.

Will be used as a daily driver and I don't want it to handle like crap on the road. Also drive a ton of dirt washboard/rutted up roads living in Montana. Always lurking around in the mountains too.

Thanks!
besides the steel bumpers and rock sliders which didn’t add a significant amount of weight to rig (since I removed the rubicon rails), I don’t have much when it comes to accessories. I guess it’s all relative though..,

That being said, the AEV lift is great for daily driving. It’s so much better than stock at hwy speeds. It’s amazing for heavy (ie loaded for road trip or pulling off road trailer).

Feels perfectly planted, minimal to no roll or front nose diving under braking.

I’ve had it for over a year now and my only regret is waiting two years before puttingthe lift on my JLUR….I should have done it right when I bought it!

Sponsored

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
How tall will a JLURD be with the 2.5" lift on 37s?

Hope it fits in my garage... :surprised:

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
How tall will a JLURD be with the 2.5" lift on 37s?

Hope it fits in my garage... :surprised:
I have the Mopar with 37s, JLUR hard top, plastic rear bumper, oversized spare and steel front bumper. She still fits in the garage okay. I really cannot imagine the aev nets more than what I originally got out of the Mopar.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
some more, 2.5" with 35s...
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" 241865296_10222078204958197_5867061628861119712_n
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" 245920466_10222239005458109_1728666773086811649_n
Jeep Wrangler JL AEV 2.5" 271222977_10222610541786285_424005439208416221_n

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I have the Mopar with 37s, JLUR hard top, plastic rear bumper, oversized spare and steel front bumper. She still fits in the garage okay. I really cannot imagine the aev nets more than what I originally got out of the Mopar.
How many inches to the highest point on the roof?