Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Wrangler Sport S, 08' Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
GE Aviation
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever install those Rubi shocks and springs?
Nope still running original sport stuff. Lazy. I’ve been debating getting some fox 2.0 shocks. I feel like it needs to stiffen up a bit. I did install some AEV Borah wheels though.

6BC03738-5D7F-4D4B-8F33-BDC596FBE0AF.jpeg
Sponsored

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Installed together with teraflex sport lower control arms. Drives like it did stock maybe a little better. Probably due to greater caster by the control arms.
1467D244-CD25-4698-A45C-4A00D5A7793A.jpeg
CA49A917-3EB6-4272-AA0E-1D374021F8FD.jpeg
After I installed the same fixed LCA's w/ the AEV 2" Spacer lift, my caster was +8.5 and it drove great. Based on everything I've read I was a little nervous w/ that high of castor for 4H. I added adjustable front UCAs (I went w/ Clayton) to dial it back into the 6 degree range. Now I truly have a franken-lift. AEV, Teraflex LCA, Clayton UCAs and Synergy front track bar. Handles and rides better than it did at delivery. PS - JLUR

Sponsored

JlRubicon13

First Name
Davi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door wrangler rubicon
After I installed the same fixed LCA's w/ the AEV 2" Spacer lift, my caster was +8.5 and it drove great. Based on everything I've read I was a little nervous w/ that high of castor for 4H. I added adjustable front UCAs (I went w/ Clayton) to dial it back into the 6 degree range. Now I truly have a franken-lift. AEV, Teraflex LCA, Clayton UCAs and Synergy front track bar. Handles and rides better than it did at delivery. PS - JLUR
Thanks for letting me know. Did you get any damage from it?

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for letting me know. Did you get any damage from it?
No damage. I ran it at 8.5 castor (before I added the adjustable front UCA's) for an entire North Dakota/Minnesota winter and zero issues running in 4H. I just feel safer in the 6 degree range based on what I've read.

JlRubicon13

First Name
Davi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door wrangler rubicon
No damage. I ran it at 8.5 castor (before I added the adjustable front UCA's) for an entire North Dakota/Minnesota winter and zero issues running in 4H. I just feel safer in the 6 degree range based on what I've read.
Makes sense, I’ll take a look at the mopar lca’s. Did you end up flexing it while with the 8.5 caster?

Sponsored

Razvan_JLU

First Name
Razvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE JLUR
Hi guys, is there anyone who installed the AEV 2" spacer kit without the shock extension brackets? I did it because I got an incomplete kit from a friend and need to say I don't like the ride compared to stock.

Thinking if getting the shock extension brackets will improve anything. PS - I also installed the Mopar longer LCAs.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, is there anyone who installed the AEV 2" spacer kit without the shock extension brackets? I did it because I got an incomplete kit from a friend and need to say I don't like the ride compared to stock.

Thinking if getting the shock extension brackets will improve anything. PS - I also installed the Mopar longer LCAs.
I'd go w/ shocks designed for a 2'' lift if you don't like the design of the extensions. I installed the extensions and have zero issues but I don't take it rock crawling.........

Razvan_JLU

First Name
Razvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE JLUR
I'd go w/ shocks designed for a 2'' lift if you don't like the design of the extensions. I installed the extensions and have zero issues but I don't take it rock crawling.........
That's what I wanted to hear :) That the extension brackets are fixing the "no extensions" feeling. I also use my rig for 95% on-road.

jamiedtolbert

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler jl rubi
They were substantially cheaper than the brackets, are factory parts, and don’t reduce ground clearance. Control arm drop brackets work fine, too, they accomplish the same goal. The Mopar extended length control arms are only $60ish for both, though.
Where did you purchase the Mopar control arms for 60+ dollars thank you in advance

Last edited:

liondor1969

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jlu 2021
Hallo. Please help my..today i order this kit for my Rubicon JLU 2021..i must install correction barket or not ?
Because answer form aev ..is not necessary to install this:) Please tell my your JEEP work fine with not this braket ? Thanks from Romania !
Sponsored