Adding proximity locks retroactively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
On a similar note I wonder if you can add the convenience package that has the remote start/ garage door opener as well
Sponsored

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '16 Ram 1500 Longhorn
The suspense is killing me here. I'm tempted to order the tailgate handle and give it a go myself. Hands full of beer last night, digging in my pocket sucked.

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waiting for the parts to be shipped. I ordered last Friday. If parts are available I usually get them in a couple of days. They may not be available locally. As soon as I get ship notice, I have them the next day. It will take me less than 1/2 hour to install handle and jumper.

I have a feeling the feature will need to be enabled in Uconnect. This may require a cooperative dealer, or a feature request for Tazer JL.
Maybe not. We'll see.

As for the poster looking to add homelink. Possible. You would need to add/replace the harness that supplies power/signals to airbag light, vanity mirrors, autodim mirror. That harness is NOT available to order yet. I'll sell you mine when I replace. I have the homelink, added the AutoDim mirror, but need a new harness.

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm waiting for the parts to be shipped. I ordered last Friday. If parts are available I usually get them in a couple of days. They may not be available locally. As soon as I get ship notice, I have them the next day. It will take me less than 1/2 hour to install handle and jumper.

I have a feeling the feature will need to be enabled in Uconnect. This may require a cooperative dealer, or a feature request for Tazer JL.
Maybe not. We'll see.

As for the poster looking to add homelink. Possible. You would need to add/replace the harness that supplies power/signals to airbag light, vanity mirrors, autodim mirror. That harness is NOT available to order yet. I'll sell you mine when I replace. I have the homelink, added the AutoDim mirror, but need a new harness.
I'm guessing the parts may not be available for a bit. I can try my parts guy and see what he says.

Do you have a part number for the jumper? I thought it was #24 in the tailgate diagram on the allmoparparts site, but that's the cap.

Sponsored

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
68351167AA - I had to use tech authority to deduce this, based on the options presented. They list applicable options in parentheses after the part. I believe GXD was proximity. There were only two options, so it was 50/50, but this seemed to make it pretty clear. I make no promised as to accuracy. I was going to post all part numbers when/if I got it working.

Also, the parts numbers and diagrams available from online parts dealers like AllMoparParts are incomplete. Nothing wrong with AllMoparParts, you just won't get all the information you need from those sites. Chrysler Tech Authority has the complete information. The jumper for the tailgate is on the chassis electrical diagram. When you search for that part number, say at AllMoparParts, there is no way to get back to that subsystem from the illustration. It is number 5 on the chassis electrical diagram.

The parts are available to order, just might take longer to get them depending on how many in the system.

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. I'm gonna give it a go.

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
:rock:

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! Spoke to soon. Just got shipping notice. Parts will be here tomorrow!

I'll post pics of the parts when they arrive.
Watch this thread set to yes!

Sponsored

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
No go.

1. Jumper is correct plugs right in
2. Power lock needs to be unplugged (jumper feeds off this). You might be able to reach if you have small hands. Is the prez around? I had to unbolt lock. Took a few more minutes for that.

3. Put it all back together - nothing.
4. Did a complete reboot using Tazer - nothing

So what I am going to do is order the other two handles. I am going to contact zautomotive about adding option to Tazer. If that’s no go I’ll reach out to dealer

E0C2374E-7E0B-4178-AFDD-20EECC0F4154.jpeg

Handle - plug is on left

AAF374A4-A682-4E5E-8072-B775B7F698F1.jpeg

Cap

D70CAEA9-7A2C-4F7A-82E1-072577031E80.jpeg

Jumper

47C1724D-23D0-464F-A813-C7645E69438E.jpeg

Remove this plug to access torx screw to loosen handle. T20

DO NOT remove screw. Loosen, pull cap, continue until cap comes out.

0D832C18-5906-4F8A-A326-847A9E8BABD4.jpeg

harness. Lowest plug feeds power lock. Other end of this is power locks, Jumper replaces this.

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@RocketScientist; are we thinking we need all the handles in order for it to work? Do we need to enable the feature (dealer or programmer)? Or are you thinking we need to do both?

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Handles are just switches, so I think not having all 3 is not an issue. I ordered the two fronts to install, so I will eliminate that.

I think it is a feature that needs to be enabled vua uconnect - like BSM, Aux wiring - Tazer JL was updated to enable these features. I PMd them and explained what I sm trying to do.

The dealer could do it. The couple close to me are useless. I may attempt a dealer when I have the other handles installed.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.