Sponsored

AC blowing warm air fixed

M&A Sahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Had the issue, called the dealer. Heard same story we've read in this forum. Yesterday we go back and talk to service manager.

There is now a software update to stop the warm air blowing every so often with the AC on. Loaded it yesterday, hope it works.
Sponsored

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Had the issue, called the dealer. Heard same story we've read in this forum. Yesterday we go back and talk to service manager.

There is now a software update to stop the warm air blowing every so often with the AC on. Loaded it yesterday, hope it works.
Do you have any more info like a TSB number?

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any more info like a TSB number?
That would help a bunch just in case someone else has the problem. Sadly, many dealers will have no idea there is even a TSB out there to correct the issue. Thanks.

Update: I took the wife's '18 Mustang GT out today, and noticed the AC had the same hesitation before spooling up. I guess it's just one of those things.

Last edited:

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer gave me the service bulletin. It took him a while to find it. Itā€™s number 24-006-19.

96D239C0-F97F-4A73-B5DA-EB81F74A9534.jpeg
Awesome. Thanks.

Sponsored

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Great information, thank you!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Oh nice, I wish it was more descriptive but thatā€™s good to know. Itā€™s great that most of the weird little problems from the first year model of the JL are simple software fixes.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer gave me the service bulletin. It took him a while to find it. Itā€™s number 24-006-19.

96D239C0-F97F-4A73-B5DA-EB81F74A9534.jpeg
Is there anyway you can either scan this into a pdf or take a pic of each page and save as a pdf file and email it to me? PM if you can and I'll give you my email. Actually you may be able to upload it right here so all could benefit.
@JeepCares also confirmed this is the bulletin, not that you needed that confirmation.
Has it resolved the problem in your Jeep?

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Took my Jeep in for service yesterday, and explained the warm air problem to the service manager and gave him the TSB that the service director gave me a couple days ago. When I came back after the service was completed, he said they hooked the Jeep up to the computer and it indicated that the software was previously updated. I explained that we were still having the problem, and we had never brought it in for service before. So if the software wasn't the issue, what was? He said it was operating as designed and there was nothing else they could do. I then spoke with the service director, and long story short, we went back to the service bay so the mechanic could show me exactly what they did. The screen indeed showed no update necessary. The mechanic figured out how to force the update, just to make sure there were no glitches.

Today, after about a half hour driving the warm air started blowing again.

I wonder if Jeep Cares?

Sponsored

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Took my Jeep in for service yesterday, and explained the warm air problem to the service manager and gave him the TSB that the service director gave me a couple days ago. When I came back after the service was completed, he said they hooked the Jeep up to the computer and it indicated that the software was previously updated. I explained that we were still having the problem, and we had never brought it in for service before. So if the software wasn't the issue, what was? He said it was operating as designed and there was nothing else they could do. I then spoke with the service director, and long story short, we went back to the service bay so the mechanic could show me exactly what they did. The screen indeed showed no update necessary. The mechanic figured out how to force the update, just to make sure there were no glitches.

Today, after about a half hour driving the warm air started blowing again.

I wonder if Jeep Cares?
Prior to this software update, it technically was considered normal operation. It still actually may let outside air in but it may just be a LOT quicker rather than a few mins of warm air while the AC is on...

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I had mine fixed yesterday, when I had my oil changed. They argued about it being normal, until I handed them the TSB number, and demanded they look it up. It is blowing much colder than before, for some reason.

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Prior to this software update, it technically was considered normal operation. It still actually may let outside air in but it may just be a LOT quicker rather than a few mins of warm air while the AC is on...
This is our fourth Jeep and probably our 50th vehicle overall. None have ever blown warm air in periodically when we have the a/c on. I cannot see how this in any way can be considered normal.

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
They ā€œconsiderā€ it to let ā€œfreshā€ air into the cabin. Iā€™m sure itā€™s eventually going to be eliminated soon enough once they get a software update that completely stops it

This is our fourth Jeep and probably our 50th vehicle overall. None have ever blown warm air in periodically when we have the a/c on. I cannot see how this in any way can be considered normal.
it

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
New normal
Sponsored