AC not blowing enough hot air

CherryWrangler

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
So I live in NJ where we get lots of cold, my Sahara JLU has 5K miles on it and recently when I drive the jeep for more than 30 mins the AC starts blowing only mild warm air.

The first few mins it is hot as it should be, at 75 degrees it will blow proper hot air but after running more than 30 mins it will start blowing only mild warm air.

I took it to a dealer near me and they say it is working as it is supposed to and gave me some shitty explanation on how the recirculation works and I should turn it to ON.

I mean it was working properly till 4500 miles now all of a sudden what changed?
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I believe that is normal once the cabin has reached the set temperature. If you want hot air all the time try setting the temperature to Hi.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Mine is the same. I don’t have it on auto climate, I manually switch from HI to 84 and most of the time it works properly but sometimes blows coolish air. Really sucks when it’s cold out. HI works well but when I bring it down a notch to 84 sometimes it blows out cool air or stays at the HI temp. I took it to the dealer but they told me they didn’t find anything wrong.

Also, I find that when I have it on the upper body and floor setting the heater blows out very weak on my feet, barely at all. Every other car I’ve had the heater worked great on all settings. My seat heater is awesome though.

OP
OP
CherryWrangler

CherryWrangler

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
Mine is the same. I don’t have it on auto climate, I manually switch from HI to 84 and most of the time it works properly but sometimes blows coolish air. Really sucks when it’s cold out. HI works well but when I bring it down a notch to 84 sometimes it blows out cool air or stays at the HI temp. I took it to the dealer but they told me they didn’t find anything wrong.

Also, I find that when I have it on the upper body and floor setting the heater blows out very weak on my feet, barely at all. Every other car I’ve had the heater worked great on all settings. My seat heater is awesome though.
yeaa i just found out after a road trip, I thought my AC is going bad and I would be stuck in between my road trip. Just like you, my other cars keep blowing hot air even at 72ish temps. I guess i am keeping it on HI from now on.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
What some of you may be feeling is for some unknown reason the FCA Engineers has the recirc damper open up after a period of time driving and for me here in South Texas in the dead of summer it will blow in warm air for about 90 secs every 45 mins or so and you can see the damper door open and close behind the glove box so for those that live where it’s cold in the winter you will feel cold outside air when the heat is on.

I brought this to the attention of a tech and I was told it’s by design to bring fresh air into the cabin, I was like ok the doors and roof come off you know that right and he just looked at me.

Sponsored

Derek

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-Door
Not sure if mine is “normal”, but if I turn off the AC it blows much hotter, but it’ll come on automatically if I turn on recirculate. I did the same on my JK, but that button just had a snowflake and I assumed it was just cooling. Also, my ESS stops working if the heat and AC is on.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Not sure if mine is “normal”, but if I turn off the AC it blows much hotter, but it’ll come on automatically if I turn on recirculate. I did the same on my JK, but that button just had a snowflake and I assumed it was just cooling. Also, my ESS stops working if the heat and AC is on.
Yes my AC automatically turns on when i recirculate. Also when ESS is activated it turns off when I adjust the heater.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Yes my AC automatically turns on when i recirculate. Also when ESS is activated it turns off when I adjust the heater.
The reason the AC shuts down during ESS operation is the compressor is mechanically driven by a belt so when the Jeep shuts down the only thing you have is the blower motor and if it’s warm out it does not take long for the cabin to heat up.

The only way to correct the hot or cold air randomly blowing out is to lower the glove box and go in behind it and pull the recir power connector but may sure it’s closed when you do this but also realize that it won’t bring in fresh air from the outside
Sponsored