First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I've owned a lot of vehicles and, for the most part, none of them escaped being modded. However, I did not mod them just to be doing mods. Rather, the modifications were specific to how I planned to use the vehicle and to improve some aspect of the vehicle's performance.

In February of 2021 I traded in my 2017 Ram Laramie CTD (highly modified to improve towing performance & general driveability) on a 2021 JLUS Willys. It didn't take long for the mods to start and, again, they were functional mods that fit my intended use.

Phase 1 started right after I purchased the vehicle. If anyone would like pic or two of the installs then let me know here in the thread.

1A-Tach JL Holster MountInstalled 2/21Well made, great accessory
2QuadraTec Flashlight MountInstalled 2/22Good quality, works great
3Toyo AT II 285/75R17 TiresInstalled 3/4Very quiet great traction in rock & sand
4Dominion Offroad JL Hi-Lift Jack MountInstalled 3/8Some trimming needed. Works
5QuadraTec Dead PedalInstalled 3/10Good quality, works great
6CravenSpeed Shorty AntennaInstalled 3/16Fits perfectly
7Front seat tilt kit - Desert DoesItInstalled 3/23Good quality, works great
8eBay console side storageInstalled 3/27Fits perfectly
9Easy Start Stop moduleInstalled 4/3Works as advertised
10Tint, 30% Front & sides, Limo on rearInstalled 4/14Also installed polarized film inside windshield
1167 Designs phone, tablet & Garmin dash mountsInstalled 4/14Great fit and design. Rock solid and holds the gear well.
12GPCA M8 interior tie-down D-ringsInstalled 6/26Easy install, works great
13MOPAR cargo mat, gap hider & seat back protectorInstalled 6/30Great looking accessory that definitely protects the interior
14Garmin InReach MiniReceived 7/20Set up, linked to tablet, synched to satellite
15RockSlide Engineering - RotoPax MountInstalled 7/23Easy install, flexible & holds two RotoPax containers.
16MOPAR F & R grab handlesInstalled 7/27Easy install, works great

So Phase 1 is complete. Phase 2 is about to commence and includes mods that are specific to my vehicle's ability to off-road, support some overlanding and assist us with recovery as may be needed.

For reference here is Snazzy as it sits now:

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 20210304_104806

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Holster 01

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Liner 04

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Mounts 03
Sponsored

Last edited:

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I've owned a lot of vehicles and, for the most part, none of them escaped being modded. However, I did not mod them just to be doing mods. Rather, the modifications were specific to how I planned to use the vehicle and to improve some aspect of the vehicle's performance.

In February of 2021 I traded in my 2017 Ram Laramie CTD (highly modified to improve towing performance & general driveability) on a 2021 JLUS Willys. It didn't take long for the mods to start and, again, they were functional mods that fit my intended use.

Phase 1 started right after I purchased the vehicle. If anyone would like pic or two of the installs then let me know here in the thread.

3Toyo AT II 285/75R17 TiresInstalled 3/4Very quiet great traction in rock & sand
10Tint, 30% Front & sides, Limo on rearInstalled 4/14Also installed polarized film inside windshield
11GPCA M8 interior tie-down D-ringsInstalled 6/26Easy install, works great
12Garmin InReach MiniReceived 7/20Set up, linked to tablet, synched to satellite
13RockSlide Engineering - RotoPax MountInstalled 7/23Easy install, works great
14MOPAR F & R grab handlesInstalled 7/27Easy install, works great

So Phase 1 is complete. Phase 2 is about to commence and includes mods that are specific to my vehicle's ability to off-road, support some overlanding and assist us with recovery as may be needed.

Looking forward to your next mods. I grew up in AZ. Does Apache Junction offer some good trails? I know the Superstitions fairly well...spent some time hiking them as a scout. Beautiful area🏜

-Steven

OP
OP
JL MADDOG

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
There are quite a few easy to moderate trails near Apache Junction. Most lead to old mining camps, some lead up to box canyons, others traverse the ridges overlooking the Salt River. I am looking forward to exploring all those and more.

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,

11GPCA M8 interior tie-down D-ringsInstalled 6/26Easy install, works great
12Garmin InReach MiniReceived 7/20Set up, linked to tablet, synched to satellite
13RockSlide Engineering - RotoPax MountInstalled 7/23Easy install, works great
14MOPAR F & R grab handlesInstalled 7/27Easy install, works great

great looking color for a willys

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Delmonico isn’t the same as snazzberry is it??

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

1167 Designs phone, tablet & Garmin dash mountsInstalled 4/14Great fit and design. Rock solid and holds the gear well.
12GPCA M8 interior tie-down D-ringsInstalled 6/26Easy install, works great
13MOPAR cargo mat, gap hider & seat back protectorInstalled 6/30Great looking accessory that definitely protects the interior
14Garmin InReach MiniReceived 7/20Set up, linked to tablet, synched to satellite
15RockSlide Engineering - RotoPax MountInstalled 7/23Easy install, flexible & holds two RotoPax containers.
16MOPAR F & R grab handlesInstalled 7/27Easy install, works great

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 20170705_093627

Nice looking Jeep! That moon on the wall behind it looked like a snorkel! Lol!

OP
OP
JL MADDOG

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Delmonico isn’t the same as snazzberry is it??
Same paint code. It does look different on the JL but I attribute that to the body lines that change the shadow and light reflected.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Same paint code. It does look different on the JL but I attribute that to the body lines that change the shadow and light reflected.
Great color, I had no idea..big fan of that color on the Rams, although I ended up with Granite crystal on my CTD

Sponsored

OP
OP
JL MADDOG

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
It's a Gen 4 classic then if it's a 2020. The 3rd Gen Ram production ended in 2008.

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
It's a Gen 4 classic then if it's a 2020. The 3rd Gen Ram production ended in 2008.
the diesel engine is the gen 3 part, like the gen 3 in the jl diesels now..... unsure on the truck body generation. definitely a 2020; my apologies for any confusion

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
the diesel engine is the gen 3 part, like the gen 3 in the jl diesels now..... unsure on the truck body generation. definitely a 2020; my apologies for any confusion
big Cummins guy here, on my 6th one.
Actually a gen 4.5 is 2019+. I have never heard of a ISB 6.7 being called a gen 3. Sorry to derail! My 2020 4.5 gen….
Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 9C3A5195-4D5F-4002-9195-F54C50BF49C0
Sponsored