First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Let's just call it a 5th gen truck with a 4th gen diesel then.

Year 2020 = 5th generation, 2019 to present.

Ecodiesel = Introduced in 2014 during 4th generation production, 2009 - 2018

the diesel engine is the gen 3 part, like the gen 3 in the jl diesels now..... unsure on the truck body generation. definitely a 2020; my apologies for any confusion
Sponsored

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
big Cummins guy here, on my 6th one.
Actually a gen 4.5 is 2019+. I have never heard of a ISB 6.7 being called a gen 3. Sorry to derail! My 2020 4.5 gen….
9C3A5195-4D5F-4002-9195-F54C50BF49C0.jpeg
not to derail snazz's thread, this is the one

same generation eco diesel (gen 3) in the JLUR's now
delmonico red sticker says

20200321_120641.jpg

Last edited:

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
My bad...I missed the 1500 part! The 1500 are 5th gens, 2500 and up is 4.5 gen.

OP
OP
JL MADDOG

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
So one more thing has to come in and I can start the next round. I believe it will take 3 - 4 days to complete the installs.

Hmmm.....maybe the week after next I can get going on them!

OP
OP
JL MADDOG

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Phase 2 has started. I'll be taking pics of the installations soon.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JL MADDOG

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
So Phase 2 was all about some modifications I wanted to make specifically for overlanding. They included:

Roof Rack with Front & Rear LED Lights - Rough Country #10622

Front Winch Bumper with LED light bar - Rough Country #10596

Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, CHMSL extension bracket & license plate relocation kit - Rough Country #10598

12K line pull rated winch with synthetic rope - Rough Country Pro12000S

3.5" Lift kit - Rough Country #66830

Cat Back Exhaust - Borla #140822 "Climber" system, 304SS, 2.75" single outlet

I took a few before and after pictures. There will be more later.

Before:

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 04

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 20210828_101812

I think I'll switch over to a Factor 55 flat link and ditch the hook.

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 06

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 20210828_101744

I've got a little wiring cleanup to do and I am waiting for the rack rear lights which weren't shipped with the rack. I did run the wiring so I'm good to go there. All the lighting was installed using the OEM switches. Everything works as advertised.

I was missing a front camber eccentric bolt set as well but those came in Thursday and the suspension is done. I need to do an alignment and will schedule that out next week. After a couple hundred miles I'll check the torque on all the fasteners and the wheels.

OP
OP
JL MADDOG

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Here are the Front & Rear height measurements with 285/75R17 Toyo ATIII tires on OEM MOAB 17x7.5" wheels.

Front before:

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build OEM Fr 01

Front after:

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Front 01

Rear before:

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build OEM Bk 01

Rear after:

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Rear 01

Basically it leveled out some and while I didn't get a full 3.5" of lift at the wheelwell, I do know I got more as my vertically challenged wife can't get in without a struggle now. I have a remedy for that and am awaiting receipt of the tripe tube step slider kit.

So that's it for now...

OP
OP
JL MADDOG

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
The backordered lights for the rack finally arrived.

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 20210919_091256

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 20210919_091303

I also received the hitch mounted step which will come in handy when putting things up on the rack. This was a tough install... ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 20210919_091352

I installed the Redline Tuning hood struts. No more prop rod!

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 20210919_094054

The Craven Speed stubby antenna went on as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 20210919_094155

OP
OP
JL MADDOG

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
It's coming together but I have a few tweaks to make.

I am going to remove the roll bar mounted hi-lift jack mount that has the shovel & axe accessory mount. The jack will be relocated to the exterior and mounted on the rack or the bumper. I'll have to source something for a mount or make some brackets to clamp or bolt through the rack.

I need to come up with some shelving and a roll out tray for interior storage. M.A.S.S. & Goose Gear make some nice stuff but, whoooo... it's expensive. I've got some research to do.

I'd like to add some range with a larger fuel tank so I'll be looking into that as well. That appears to be another expensive proposition!

I don't have on-board air but do have a nice VIAIR portable that does the job. I'm not sure I am going to worry about an upgrade there.

I'm sure there are more things I can add but I'm at the point of wondering just what benefit they would be to me.

I do have some work to do on learning how to use onX maps, overlays, waypoints, satellite handheld pairing, etc.... so fair warning ... I'll be asking questions. :LOL:

I'm good with all the hard parts, i.e., the bumpers, lights, rack, winch, slider steps & suspension. A small adjustment to the track bar solved a slow to respond left turn issue. I'll have to get under the JL soon to re-torque everything soon.

Geez...all this before the first oil change.... LOL

So far, so good. The mods are working out well and the JL is a lot of fun.

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 02

Sponsored

OP
OP
JL MADDOG

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I found a Hi-Lift jack mounting solution that I liked and installed it this morning.

It comes from Go Rhino. It mounts to the side of the cowl and the lower body pinch weld using factory threaded holes. It went on easy. A little tweaking was needed but nothing that a few moments of ingenuity couldn't solve.

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Jack Mount 01

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Jack Mount 02

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Jack Mount 04

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Jack Mount 05

It is a good solid mount. Taking the jack off the mount requires removing two bolts and the padlock, which you can't see, that locks the jack base to the mount.

It allows the door to fully function (with the limiting strap in place) and visibility is not hindered one bit.

I'm glad I found this product.

OP
OP
JL MADDOG

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I created a stack of unused OEM parts after the bumper swap & lift.

Since I didn't like the exposed nature of the suspension & steering parts up front, I dove into that stack retrieving the lower brush guard panel & inner mounting plate.

The mounting plate fit just fine. The lower panel required some trimming to line up with the new bumper profile plus some judicious use of zip ties to fasten the top behind the bumper which did not have any provisions for use of the OEM fasteners.

Easy peasy mod and I like how it turned out.

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Lower Guard 01

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Lower Guard 02

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Lower Guard 04

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
I've owned a lot of vehicles and, for the most part, none of them escaped being modded. However, I did not mod them just to be doing mods. Rather, the modifications were specific to how I planned to use the vehicle and to improve some aspect of the vehicle's performance.

In February of 2021 I traded in my 2017 Ram Laramie CTD (highly modified to improve towing performance & general driveability) on a 2021 JLUS Willys. It didn't take long for the mods to start and, again, they were functional mods that fit my intended use.

Phase 1 started right after I purchased the vehicle. If anyone would like pic or two of the installs then let me know here in the thread.

1A-Tach JL Holster MountInstalled 2/21Well made, great accessory
2QuadraTec Flashlight MountInstalled 2/22Good quality, works great
3Toyo AT II 285/75R17 TiresInstalled 3/4Very quiet great traction in rock & sand
4Dominion Offroad JL Hi-Lift Jack MountInstalled 3/8Some trimming needed. Works
5QuadraTec Dead PedalInstalled 3/10Good quality, works great
6CravenSpeed Shorty AntennaInstalled 3/16Fits perfectly
7Front seat tilt kit - Desert DoesItInstalled 3/23Good quality, works great
8eBay console side storageInstalled 3/27Fits perfectly
9Easy Start Stop moduleInstalled 4/3Works as advertised
10Tint, 30% Front & sides, Limo on rearInstalled 4/14Also installed polarized film inside windshield
1167 Designs phone, tablet & Garmin dash mountsInstalled 4/14Great fit and design. Rock solid and holds the gear well.
12GPCA M8 interior tie-down D-ringsInstalled 6/26Easy install, works great
13MOPAR cargo mat, gap hider & seat back protectorInstalled 6/30Great looking accessory that definitely protects the interior
14Garmin InReach MiniReceived 7/20Set up, linked to tablet, synched to satellite
15RockSlide Engineering - RotoPax MountInstalled 7/23Easy install, flexible & holds two RotoPax containers.
16MOPAR F & R grab handlesInstalled 7/27Easy install, works great

So Phase 1 is complete. Phase 2 is about to commence and includes mods that are specific to my vehicle's ability to off-road, support some overlanding and assist us with recovery as may be needed.

For reference here is Snazzy as it sits now:

I like the holster mount! I'm going to have to get that for my JLU!

OP
OP
JL MADDOG

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
It's been quiet on the mod front for some time. Nothing was needed as far as I knew. So, I have been out traversing local trails a lot over the winter and having a blast doing so.

Recently I slid underneath the Willys to check the suspension fasteners and noted I had a pretty good rub on the inside of the wheel tub & the control arms on both sides. I suspect it was during rear axle articulation out on the trails.

I thought about getting some new wheels with a different offset to push them out a bit, but I didn't need to move them much, so I opted for some Bora 1" spacers. That option was a lot less expensive than new wheels! I also had some XR flare extensions sitting in the shop which would come in handy after the spacers were installed. My thanks to @AllMoparParts.com & Benny for getting them to me so quick!

I entered my spacer order and immediately received an order confirmation from Bora/Motorsport Tech by return email. I was provided links so that I could track the status of my order at my convenience. The information was clear and concise, so I had no problem following the status of my order.

The Bora spacers fit the OEM wheels with no issues or interference with no trimming of the supplied hardware or the OEM lugs required. After a test fitment the spacers were installed then the wheels and tires went on the vehicle.

One inch doesn’t sound like a huge dimension but once you see the vehicle on the ground with the spacers installed the visual change is apparent. So are the results of having adequate spacing between the wheels and suspension.

Here are some before and after pictures.

Before:

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Bumper Front 01

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Spacer 06

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Spacer 07

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build Spacer 03

AFTER:

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 20220406_130710

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 20220406_131634

Jeep Wrangler JL A Snazzy Build 20220405_130011
Sponsored