A friendly exchange with FCA executives

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
My Rubicon has arrived. 18 weeks order to delivery.

I emailed FCA Mike Manley Dec 28 (Friday) got an email from Mike MacDonald, executive referrals manager 2 days later(Yes—-Sunday!) saying he would research. I received a phone call from him January 4 after they opened up telling me that the jeep was held up due to the addition of the infotainment on the order (their issue) and that it would be released and go to build. Then a few days later he called and said it was on the train and a few days later after that he called and said it was in the Minneapolis area at the Trainyard .

Very good customer service at that end. I’m sure if I hadn’t called it would probably still be in C status. Evidently they called the dealer also, as they were fully aware that I was in conversation with Mike Manley‘s office.

Here is a pic. Getting cleaned and prepped for delivery

EB310EE9-B753-4D70-98C7-718A8EACEBE5.jpeg
Mike Macdonald did a fantastic job of helping me out too. they failed to inform many dealers that no orders for the adaptive cruise control option would be built until April unless the infotainment upgrade was on that order. They were supposed to have informed all dealers in late October about this issue. Jeep Cares had no clue. an email to the CEO got a response from MacDonald and another staffer who helped me add the infotainment upgrade and got my jeep built, and more. good support if you go to the top!
Sponsored

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
Mike Macdonald did a fantastic job of helping me out too. they failed to inform many dealers that no orders for the adaptive cruise control option would be built until April unless the infotainment upgrade was on that order. They were supposed to have informed all dealers in late October about this issue. Jeep Cares had no clue. an email to the CEO got a response from MacDonald and another staffer who helped me add the infotainment upgrade and got my jeep built, and more. good support if you go to the top!

Interesting, glad I added that before I ordered mine last week. Hopefully that helps me get through the queue quickly.

apprweb

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley, Toyota, Mercedes, Porsche, Ford
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I guess 120 days now for my order is not that long? Rubicon with Skytop and all options.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
They built mine and shipped 17 days fully loaded rubicon with sky top.Only thing I didn’t get painted flares and block heater
Ditto... ordered mine 1/14 and by 2/15 mine had left the rail yard (and plant was closed from time I ordered through the 22nd). Checked with Jeep cares today and I'm in KZ T (second rail departure). They said it is typically about two weeks after it ships to arrive to the dealership. So I'd expect it will be here by the end of the month.

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Ditto... ordered mine 1/14 and by 2/15 mine had left the rail yard (and plant was closed from time I ordered through the 22nd). Checked with Jeep cares today and I'm in KZ T (second rail departure). They said it is typically about two weeks after it ships to arrive to the dealership. So I'd expect it will be here by the end of the month.
Mine will be at dealer sometime tomorrow.Im about 300 miles from plant
Sponsored