First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yesterday I sent an email to both FCA CEO Mike Manley and head of the Jeep brand Tim Kuniskis regarding my JLUR order. It has been built and sitting in inspection status since 11/7 with no explanation and only vague toothless promises that my case is being “escalated” to a nameless brand mentor and brand advocate who have never contacted me or informed me of anything.

This morning at 9:14 I received a call from someone on their behalf. I don’t recall his title. He apologized for the excessive delay and for the lack of information. Since late yesterday afternoon he’d investigated and found that the issue causing the delay is a build problem. Something regarding the “front right wiring harness stud” is not right. Finally an explanation! I explained that I understand that there will be hiccups in mass production of vehicles, but that for a sold order to simply sit there with no fix and no information to the customer is unacceptable. He heartily agreed and said that he would make sure that it is fixed and shipped in an expedited manner. He provided his phone number and email and encouraged me to contact him if there’s any other problems or issues that he can help resolve.

We’ll see how much this speeds things up and if it can get my Jeep to me in the next week and a half in time for me to drive it on my vacation. I’ll update this thread as things proceed.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
If nothing else, atleast you know they see you now. You have been given an answer finally and with luck will see some movement.

Brett

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
If nothing else, atleast you know they see you now. You have been given an answer finally and with luck will see some movement.

Brett
Yep. That’s what I wanted. To be actually acknowledged and have someone give me a n answer as to why my Jeep is being held up and what’s being done about it. I think that’s a reasonable expectation and they agreed.

I don’t expect anyone to snap their fingers and make it appear. Just motivate the people who’s job it is to keep things rolling along to actually keep them rolling along.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Good idea. Jeep chat and my dealer are zero help. Time to dig up some email addresses

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Yep. That’s what I wanted. To be actually acknowledged and have someone give me a n answer as to why my Jeep is being held up and what’s being done about it. I think that’s a reasonable expectation and they agreed.

I don’t expect anyone to snap their fingers and make it appear. Just motivate the people who’s job it is to keep things rolling along to actually keep them rolling along.
Agreed very reasonable.

Its good they are making sure its right before sending it and not rushing it out with a known issue. I do understand the flip side, I have had customers flip my words and change something like that and start saying oh the new ones all have bad wiring problems and they dont know how to fix it!! (and reality is its something simple but we are waiting for a vendor to provide materials we need on something trivial)

Anyway glad you got an answer, past a week or so they have to provide more detail, and you were 100% correct to expect something more than a general hold on message

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well I checked again this morning, 3 days after being assured that the delay was going to be addressed and it would be expedited. I guess he didn’t mean right away, because it’s still exactly where it was for the last 5 weeks. I’ll check again next week.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well I checked again this morning, 3 days after being assured that the delay was going to be addressed and it would be expedited. I guess he didn’t mean right away, because it’s still exactly where it was for the last 5 weeks. I’ll check again next week.
That sucks dude. I know all too much about the “expedited” process.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I hope they get this thing moving for you! It is time to get that thing and start having some fun with it!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That sucks dude. I know all too much about the “expedited” process.
Yep. It is what it is. If it’s not here by next Friday and I can’t drive it on vacation then I’ll be fine waiting a little longer. But not forever.

Man, I hope they get this thing moving for you! It is time to get that thing and start having some fun with it!
Thanks.

Im sure yr the only one waiting for a jeep...
I’m really sorry that your parents didn’t give you more hugs as a kid. Jesus loves you though, so there’s that. ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Since I posted this thread I have received a ton of PMs requesting the CEO Mike Manley’s email address. C’mon guys, it’s posted on this forum at least a dozen times! Or if you google “Mike Manley email”, literally the very first search returned in the list has it. If you won’t even look for something so basic and easy to find, I hope you’re willing to put more thought and effort into what you’re going to write if you want to get it read or any sort of response. Since it is already so publicly available on the internet at large and on this forum I’ll post it here in hopes that it’ll head off guys PMing me for it.

[email protected]

I can only imagine that he has to have someone screen hundreds (at least) of these every day so make yours one worthy of reading and a response. I hope everyone gets the help they need with their various issues so they can fully enjoy their Jeeps. Good luck!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Pretty sure the CEO of FCA isn't personally expediting your JL order.
As am I. Did you bother to read the first post of this thread at all, particularly the second paragraph? If that’s what you took away from it I apologize for not explaining it clearly enough for you to understand.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
The staff in the CEO's office ([email protected]) and the Jeep Manager's office ([email protected]) handle these requests and they handle them promptly with correct information and with authority. My email got a response in 1 day, and after 8 weeks in C status they finally told me I would have to wait until April due to the adaptive cruise control package being ordered without the infotainment upgrade (uses a different wiring harness or something) on Oct 12th, they let me add the infotainment package, and 3 days later my JLUR has been built and is inspection status. During those 8 weeks jeep chat was totally useless and having a case # and having it escalated also was useless.

If you want answers and you want something resolved, email the head honchos.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
The staff in the CEO's office ([email protected]) and the Jeep Manager's office ([email protected]) handle these requests and they handle them promptly with correct information and with authority. My email got a response in 1 day, and after 8 weeks in C status they finally told me I would have to wait until April due to the adaptive cruise control package being ordered without the infotainment upgrade (uses a different wiring harness or something) on Oct 12th, they let me add the infotainment package, and 3 days later my JLUR has been built and is inspection status. During those 8 weeks jeep chat was totally useless and having a case # and having it escalated also was useless.

If you want answers and you want something resolved, email the head honchos.
I emailed both of them regarding the same issue as Jeep noob but have yet to receive a response.
Sponsored