Sponsored

4xe price increase Jan 2022?

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
I just sent my order in over the weekend. Dealer came back with a build sheet that has different MSRP on it and is telling me that there was a price increase over the weekend.

Was there a price increase for the 4xe that came into effect Friday 14th January or is my dealer trying to pull the wool over my eyes?
Sponsored

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
I just sent my order in over the weekend. Dealer came back with a build sheet that has different MSRP on it and is telling me that there was a price increase over the weekend.

Was there a price increase for the 4xe that came into effect Friday 14th January or is my dealer trying to pull the wool over my eyes?
Yes, there was a ~$1500 price increase on the base msrp and many of the options increased.

Here is a before and after

E9E59A65-C2E7-46FF-8B72-96106699A4E8.jpeg
54501E08-4E8B-42E6-B075-A69F3E8A430E.jpeg

OP
OP

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
Thanks for your reply. Looks like terrible timing on my end :facepalm:

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Thanks for your reply. Looks like terrible timing on my end :facepalm:
Damn, when I ordered mine at the end of July the base price was $53,505. However, the proximity keyless entry wasn't shown in the base price, but it was a mandatory add-in that added $645. That brought the base price up to $54,150. Gorilla Glass was a steal at $95 and choosing a color other than white was only $245. Think of it this way, if you don't order now, you'll even be further in the hole if you wait a few more months!

By the way, what is Customer Preferred Package 29N? I don't see it in the build specs online. My Rubicon came with Customer Preferred Package 29V and it was a $0 charge. Just curious what the difference is.

Nevermind:
Quick Order Package 29N High Altitude
Engine: 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo PHEV, Transmission: 8-Speed Auto 8P75PH PHEV, High Altitude Badging, Freedom Panel Storage Bag, Rear Window Defroster, Rear Window Wiper/Washer, High Altitude Package, Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection, ParkSense Rear Park Assist System, Body Color Door Handles, Body Color Power Locking Fuel Filler Door, Caramel Interior Accents, Wrapped I/P Bezel w/Caramel Stitch, Body Color Grille w/Gloss Black, Body Color Exterior Mirrors, Body Color Front Bumper, Premium Dark Exterior Accents, Body Color Rear Bumper w/Step Pads

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, there was a ~$1500 price increase on the base msrp and many of the options increased.

Here is a before and after

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe price increase Jan 2022? 54501E08-4E8B-42E6-B075-A69F3E8A430E
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe price increase Jan 2022? 54501E08-4E8B-42E6-B075-A69F3E8A430E
Well it looks like the most recent price guide is already out dated 🤦🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My JLU's base price increased between the order entry date and its arrival at the dealer. My $500 deposit locked in the vehicle's [lower] price in force on the day it was ordered, meaning I wasn't responsible for said increase. Phew.

Here's how I approach the subject:
The price of whatever I'm looking at, online or on a dealer's lot, will never be lower than it is at that moment. It can certainly increase, though (as the OP discovered.) This M.O. guides if and when I decide to spend money on X, Y or Z.

OP
OP

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
Damn, when I ordered mine at the end of July the base price was $53,505. However, the proximity keyless entry wasn't shown in the base price, but it was a mandatory add-in that added $645. That brought the base price up to $54,150. Gorilla Glass was a steal at $95 and choosing a color other than white was only $245. Think of it this way, if you don't order now, you'll even be further in the hole if you wait a few more months!

By the way, what is Customer Preferred Package 29N? I don't see it in the build specs online. My Rubicon came with Customer Preferred Package 29V and it was a $0 charge. Just curious what the difference is.

Nevermind:
Quick Order Package 29N High Altitude
Engine: 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo PHEV, Transmission: 8-Speed Auto 8P75PH PHEV, High Altitude Badging, Freedom Panel Storage Bag, Rear Window Defroster, Rear Window Wiper/Washer, High Altitude Package, Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection, ParkSense Rear Park Assist System, Body Color Door Handles, Body Color Power Locking Fuel Filler Door, Caramel Interior Accents, Wrapped I/P Bezel w/Caramel Stitch, Body Color Grille w/Gloss Black, Body Color Exterior Mirrors, Body Color Front Bumper, Premium Dark Exterior Accents, Body Color Rear Bumper w/Step Pads
I paid the deposit over the weekend and the order was finalized monday morning. Dealer agreed to honor the original price so it worked out in the end but it was a stressful morning trying to figure everything out.

Sponsored

GeneralKlinger

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE
Odd that the website hasn't updated with the new pricing yet. Depending on when I jump, I am looking at $65,400 on the High Altitude before the price changes.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Odd that the website hasn't updated with the new pricing yet. Depending on when I jump, I am looking at $65,400 on the High Altitude before the price changes.
I really think that configurator is best used to tell you where vehicles you want are located and on who's lots. You spec it out and they show you how close the vehicles are and how closely they match your wish list. That's why the colors and things are always behind, because you can still find discontinued colors on lots, just can't order them for new builds. Also, Jeeps on the lots should still have the older pricing they were built under.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
I'll be shocked if it's fixed before March
Sponsored