4xE Order Status??

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
My Dealer reached out to me today and said that I am on track to have delivery of my Wrangler the second week of April. Dealer is in Northern CA.
Good to know. I’m from Northern CA as well but ordered mine from Orange County. Estimated ship date is 3/16 with ~2weeks before arrival. I’m trying to get a guess on rail/truck timelines. Did your dealer give you a ship date?
Ordered my 4xe out of Idaho on 2/10, Just got an update from my dealer that is supposed to ship on March 20th. Not sure how long shipping is going to be but buying my plane ticket for 4/10. I am flying southwest so if the date slips I won't have any issues changing times.
Just checking to make sure you guys know those ship dates the dealer gave were automatically generated and reported to them by the FCA order system and have all been meaningless for the 4xe so far. My ship date was end of January, and the delivery to the rail yard was on track for beginning of February. No pun intended...
Sponsored

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
I’m starting to see window stickers show up for 4Xe Jeeps on the JL ordering tracking forum. Every one of them has a Quebec zone code. I wonder why Canadian 4Xe orders are starting to get their window stickers found but not the US ones.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Just checking to make sure you guys know those ship dates the dealer gave were automatically generated and reported to them by the FCA order system and have all been meaningless for the 4xe so far. My ship date was end of January, and the delivery to the rail yard was on track for beginning of February. No pun intended...
While I don't know exactly how this all works, I know the date is not set in stone. My original ship date was March 6th. I am just hoping we are getting close to actually starting to ship some of these.
As far as me buying plane tickets it has more to do with being ready. I usually fly Southwest and you can always cancel for credit but if I buy tickets now I can get them for $70-80. If I buy them a week or two out they are usually over $200. If the date slips I can always cancel the tickets and put them on another flight.

4xeJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
So, anyone that ordered right when they opened up gotten any hints that things are moving along? I ordered 11-12 and have a VIN, but nothing else per the tracker. I mean, I also don’t have a price yet...
I just got a shipping date of 3/16/2021

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I think the reality is that, even if the changes are that big of a deal (which they are to me, if the power numbers end up revised downward to the Canadian ones), it will affect Jeep's bottom line by an absolutely negligible amount. The early adopters (i.e., all of us on these forums, among a few others) are the only ones who will be up in arms about any of this, whether that's the range, the power, whatever it is. But we represent such a tiny slice of the pie Jeep's after. While we'd love to think Jeep is super concerned about keeping us all placated, the reality is that, in the grand scheme of things, we kinda don't matter at all to the bottom line. The real money is in the tens of thousands of units they'll sell to people who watch a commercial and decide they want it, regardless of what the specs look like; all of whom will likely never know an enthusiast forum of this sort exists at all.

Sure, you'd kinda hope Jeep would "do the right thing" and be forthcoming about all of this, but it's frankly not really in their interest to do so. Smart to drum up free support via word-of-mouth early on, even if it's over-promising. I can say that I've excitedly told plenty of people what a great car the 4xe is going to be. But what about if/when Jeep does revise things downward? I'm far less likely to follow up and say, "Hey, remember all that great stuff I said about the 4xe? So check this out: MAJOR asterisks...!!"

As the "enthusiast" crowd, it's easy to delude ourselves into believing that we represent the voice of the target market for a particular vehicle. But, frankly, the vast majority of dollars don't come from us.

This isn't just a Jeep thing either. This is true of a lot of major launches. I've got a day-one Bronco reservation, and Ford has been pulling numerous shady little bait-and-switch games nonstop since the reveal. It's upsetting as hell, but when I talk to others who have reservations (who are NOT on "the forums"), they don't have a clue any of it is happening.

Ultimately, membership and participation in online forums is a very poor representation of vehicle owners as a whole. So, as much as I empathize with the frustrations of those who say, "I'm ready to cancel" or "Jeep BETTER do this and that for me", I also have to face the fact that Jeep really has no reason to care if I'm/you're upset. Facing that fact allows me to stop, remove my own emotions from the equation, and ask objectively, "Well where does this leave me? Do I still want the car? Is it still the best car for me?". As much as my ego tells me I'm angry about the [potential] changes and I want to find something else, the logical side of me tells me there still isn't a viable alternative available to me at this point in time. That's what keeps me hanging on, glued to the cryptotracker, waiting for any word that my 4xe will arrive sometime soon, even if it's with the the revised figures.

In the end, it's helpful to realize that while this whole process may be an emotional and/or exciting journey for all of us, really it is just business. Am I bummed out about how things are going down at the moment? Hell yeah, I am.. But, I remind myself constantly that it really isn't about me at all. Begrudgingly, I'm clearly still on board. For now...
I totally disagree. In my group of friends, and I'm including acquaintances, I'm the "Jeep Guy". I constantly have friends contact me, ask to meet up for a few drinks and they bring a friend who has a Jeep question. Which one to buy for towing, which is better off-road, which options do they need, etc... If Jeep marketing is paying attention, they will understand that it IS us Jeep enthusiasts that influence others to buy the product. We might be a small % directly, but indirectly, I'm sure there's at least 50 people in my life that have purchased a Jeep based upon my influence. Multiply that by the number of legitimate members on this forum (I don't count the Tesla owners who are just trolling) and we drive a fairly large share of their market in one way or another.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out the link on the jeep.com page on Hybrid incentives. Select your state from the drop down. Here in FL, lease or not, you get the tax credit.

https://www.jeep.com/wrangler-4xe/incentives/hybrid-incentives.html
I couldn't find any incentives in FL from Gulf Power to install a Level 2 charging station in my home, have you found anything? I think Tallahassee and Orlando are the only areas offering installation incentives, but I'm not sure if I'm checking all the available sites. Google seems to be angry with me at the moment.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m starting to see window stickers show up for 4Xe Jeeps on the JL ordering tracking forum. Every one of them has a Quebec zone code. I wonder why Canadian 4Xe orders are starting to get their window stickers found but not the US ones.
I think that solidifies the guess that the EPA approval was holding up U.S. deliveries.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that solidifies the guess that the EPA approval was holding up U.S. deliveries.
My sales person just told me yesterday that my ship date has been changed to 3/28. My original ship date was 3/4. I entered storage on 3/4. Original order date was 2/6. I believe I will be picking mine up mid to late April with it taking three weeks from ship date to arrive in Texas.

Sponsored

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never Getting It!!!
That is funny, when I saw the code originally I went to the forum that describes the build process and what the codes mean and I could not find NGI. I’m sure others also went looking for that status code. I feel like the 4Xe deliveries are getting closer.

cutandrun

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 turbo, Mercedes G550, Rubicon 4xe
I think the calendar is helping us too. March 31 is a fiscal quarter end date that has corporate profit and tax implications. I’m sure the Stellantis accountants are pushing to ship every car they can before then.

AC4Xe

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
How will we know when Cryptosticker gets our window sticker? Will we just find out when we log in to it?

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
After waiting so long I’m have regrets about the color and not getting adaptive cruise and auto braking package😂😂

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
Only two more days before mine gets built and hopefully the same two days before some of yours finally ship!
Sponsored