Sponsored

4xE Order Status??

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho JLU Sport S

Another tweet saying 2021. Get it together Jeep. :CWL: I love how everyone is saying "Price".

*edit*
Looks like they erased that tweet and replaced it, no mention of 2021:

Sponsored

Last edited:

Maller

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!

Another tweet saying 2021. Get it together Jeep. :CWL: I love how everyone is saying "Price".

*edit*
Looks like they erased that tweet and replaced it, no mention of 2021:

Website now shows coming Q1 2021 on the 4XE section. It previously said Dec 2020

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
Website now shows coming Q1 2021 on the 4XE section. It previously said Dec 2020
Put yourself in FCA's shoes:

1. You have pent up demand and the market does not currently have any substitutes, unless you consider non-off-road capable vehicles;

2. You know that a plug-in Wrangler is likely to have some teething issues, especially in the first few months;

3. You don't want to get a bad reputation for plug-ins and EVs because you know those vehicles are crucial in the future; and

4. The pandemic gives you a built-in excuse for delay.

If I'm FCA, I'll gladly hold off releasing the plug-in Wrangler for a few months to get a bit more testing and software refinement into them.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
To put things in perspective, I was one of the first orders in for the sky one touch power top when the orders opened in 2018. It kept getting pushed out and I received the Jeep literally 6 months after submitting my order. I'm really not at all surprised this won't be until 2021.

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
To put things in perspective, I was one of the first orders in for the sky one touch power top when the orders opened in 2018. It kept getting pushed out and I received the Jeep literally 6 months after submitting my order. I'm really not at all surprised this won't be until 2021.
How do you like your Skytop?? Would love to hear your take on it.

I’m trying to decide on Skytop versus body color hard top. I like the idea of automaticity/“just a push of the button“ but don’t like the fact that the skytop doesn’t come off COMPLETELY. Then again, with a hard top I do not see myself taking it off and on repeatedly.... A couple times a year will be it...TOPS (no pun intended!)

Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
How do you like your Skytop?? Would love to hear your take on it.

I’m trying to decide on Skytop versus body color hard top. I like the idea of automaticity/“just a push of the button“ but don’t like the fact that the skytop doesn’t come off COMPLETELY. Then again, with a hard top I do not see myself taking it off and on repeatedly.... A couple times a year will be it...TOPS (no pun intended!)
I loved it and it was one of the things that actually sold me on the Jeep. Since I was getting one of the first runs, I had assumed there would be some issues I might have to live with, but it was perfect. The first several months I had the Jeep were in the winter without a garage, and even with 6 inches of snow sitting on top with water frozen in the rails, not a drop came inside. During quick runs I could just hit the button to open and close while driving - open it for cruising around regular roads, and then close it before entering a highway. I live near an off-road beach I'd often go out onto, and could again open the top going onto the beach. If it got really windy and sand started kicking up I could just hit the button to close it again. One time during a really windy gust on the beach sand got blown into the rails, and I thought for sure it was going to create an issue. Still wasn't a problem. Also took it through automatic car washes without issue. They're more common now, but in 2018 it was an unexpected attention grabber haha. The standard Mopar roof racks also work as long as you keep it closed, so I could bolt them on to drive home with a 12ft long ladder, then unbolt the racks again to use the top. With roof racks on though the sound is annoying because of the wind noise generated between the racks and top, so I wouldn't advise hoping to leave a roof rack on it for an extended time. Overall the only issue I ever noticed was that while driving on the highway, even when closed, because of where the hands-free microphone is positioned, the outside wind noise made it difficult for whoever I was calling to hear clearly even though I myself wasn't noticing the noise that much. I just hope my anecdote wasn't luck though and that my next one will be as reliable.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Can you open it and clean and lube the rails??

I have sunroofs in some of my cars and annually clean the rails and lube em with some fresh syn lithium grease. never had any issues with my sun roofs.

orejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Snazzberry Sahara
My 4Xe just went D1 Status this morning!!

D1 - Gateline:plant has
sequenced the unit for
production,estimated ship date
assigned

Jeep has an early January ETA for shipping the unit... And still no pricing.
Ohhhh congrats! Did you find out from your dealer or jeep chat? Were you a day 1 order like me? Also, is yours a Rubicon or Sahara? I know, lots of questions - but I am excited and hoping mine is in the same status.

OP
OP

Smokelaw1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None....
Just heard from Jeep Chat that mine “has all parts” for the build but they were unable to give me production code or estimated ship date.

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Just heard from Jeep Chat that mine “has all parts” for the build but they were unable to give me production code or estimated ship date.
That's the same status mine is in. At least the parts are ready and it's in the queue.

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
Hopefully it's not more than a $10k up charge for the 4xe. That'd make it a reasonable $2500 option after tax credits and before state/utility incentives.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Hopefully it's not more than a $10k up charge for the 4xe. That'd make it a reasonable $2500 option after tax credits and before state/utility incentives.
I'm hoping it will be closer to a $3k-4k upcharge similar to the Pacifica Hybrid. _That_ would motivate a higher take rate which could reduce FCA's CO2 and fleet mileage penalties.

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Just spoke with Jeep chat on my 4xe rubicon order. They said it is in scheduling status waiting for all the parts. I placed the order with Dave smith in Idaho on nov 13.

MallBrawler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JKR, '21 JLUR, '21 Tesla MYP, '22 4XE ordered
Occupation
Jeep Caretaker
I'm hoping it will be closer to a $3k-4k upcharge similar to the Pacifica Hybrid. _That_ would motivate a higher take rate which could reduce FCA's CO2 and fleet mileage penalties.
Hhaha if Jeep is only charging $4k for the 4XE, it means that after deducting the $7.5k tax credit we'd be cheaper to get the 4XE than a standard V6. I'd want to trade my brand new JLUR right away lol
Sponsored