4xE Order Status??

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
It looks like they are pushing Rubicon orders out ahead of all the Sahara's. I ordered 12/1 and I haven't even started being built yet.

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4Xe
Trust me people, we're not going to see them before March. They are going to pile up a bunch of them and launch them at the same time like they did the Pacifica in 2017. The promo info now says Available Q1 2021. If they planed to have them at dealers in Feb they would say that. Don't get me wrong, I like playing the "check on my build" game too, but it really doesn't mean anything. Call me Eeyore, but don't get your hopes up.

eLECTRICON

Mine is in storage. Ships next week. Was told between Feb 8-12 for arrival. We'll see!!

eLECTRICON

Trust me people, we're not going to see them before March. They are going to pile up a bunch of them and launch them at the same time like they did the Pacifica in 2017. The promo info now says Available Q1 2021. If they planed to have them at dealers in Feb they would say that. Don't get me wrong, I like playing the "check on my build" game too, but it really doesn't mean anything. Call me Eeyore, but don't get your hopes up.
The Launch editions ship before dealer lot orders. Jeep wants people driving them around for advertisement. Plus they don't want to delay customer orders its bad business. Mine has a window sticker and is in storage to ship from the warehouse next week. Ill definitely be posting pics!

Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I just wish I knew why my Sahara order from 12/1 is still in D1 status. I guess it took a long time to get the parts for one or more of my options. I bet it was something dumb like the cargo liner or the stainless steel sill guards.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I just wish I knew why my Sahara order from 12/1 is still in D1 status. I guess it took a long time to get the parts for one or more of my options. I bet it was something dumb like the cargo liner or the stainless steel sill guards.
I agree. I'm sure for efficiency purposes they try to build one model at a time. Considering Rubicons seemly are being built to a larger extent than Sahara, I'd guess there is some option which is delaying many Sahara's and some of the Rubicons. The Sahara comes with more luxury items standard than the Rubicon, so I'd guess one of those items.

Jeep4xe

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Y
My todays update from dealer
They removed Availability Q1 2021
So looks like my eta is good as of feb 5th shipping date...

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
...Mine has a window sticker and is in storage to ship from the warehouse next week. ...
Do you mean you have a Monroney? If so, what is it showing for mileages?

Sponsored

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My todays update from dealer
They removed Availability Q1 2021
So looks like my eta is good as of feb 5th shipping date...
Good eyes!!! Now when they remove " Preproduction model shown" I'll really become a believer!! They said all my parts are there and it's in que to be built so I'm hoping you're right. I usually don't like to be wrong, but I hope I am on this one. I'm excited for that first one to leave the yard. Then the rest of us can put some stock in the provided ship date and ETA. Unfortunately, until the first one goes, that date doesn't mean much. I hope this happens for you on 2/5, but please don't hurt yourself if 2/6 rolls around and they give you a new ship date of 2/19. My "ship date" for my Pacifica PHEV in 2017 changed 20 times before they finally released them. (First ship date given was early Feb and I took delivery on 5/7) I almost lost my mind, so I'm just trying to temper my excitement this time!! Not trying to bring everyone down!!

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Good eyes!!! Now when they remove " Preproduction model shown" I'll really become a believer!! They said all my parts are there and it's in que to be built so I'm hoping you're right. I usually don't like to be wrong, but I hope I am on this one. I'm excited for that first one to leave the yard. Then the rest of us can put some stock in the provided ship date and ETA. Unfortunately, until the first one goes, that date doesn't mean much. I hope this happens for you on 2/5, but please don't hurt yourself if 2/6 rolls around and they give you a new ship date of 2/19. My "ship date" for my Pacifica PHEV in 2017 changed 20 times before they finally released them. (First ship date given was early Feb and I took delivery on 5/7) I almost lost my mind, so I'm just trying to temper my excitement this time!! Not trying to bring everyone down!!

Did you get one of the first Pacifica PHEVs? Do you think they delay was related to FAC trying to get EPA rating Approval?

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get one of the first Pacifica PHEVs? Do you think they delay was related to FAC trying to get EPA rating Approval?
Mine was one of the first ones delivered. I don't know the exact reason for the delay, but there were rumors of software issues and numerous quality inspections. Everyone felt they were being extra cautious since this was FCA's first PHEV. It was also believed they wanted to have enough produced to have a substantial launch. IDK if any of that was true, but it seems plausible. I don't expect as much of a delay this time since they've been using this technology for 4 years and worked out the bugs. However, this is a different brand and vehicle with many more eyes watching this one than a minivan. I do expect them to check and re-check these first run 4Xe's before they send them out. That's why I'm bullish on March for initial deliveries. Just a guess though.

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Mine was one of the first ones delivered. I don't know the exact reason for the delay, but there were rumors of software issues and numerous quality inspections. Everyone felt they were being extra cautious since this was FCA's first PHEV. It was also believed they wanted to have enough produced to have a substantial launch. IDK if any of that was true, but it seems plausible. I don't expect as much of a delay this time since they've been using this technology for 4 years and worked out the bugs. However, this is a different brand and vehicle with many more eyes watching this one than a minivan. I do expect them to check and re-check these first run 4Xe's before they send them out. That's why I'm bullish on March for initial deliveries. Just a guess though.
I ordered 1/2 and in D1 as per the dealer, hoping for a March delivery too... 🤞

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2022 Rav4 Prime, 2020 Highlande Hybrid
Occupation
Architect
I ordered my JLUR 4xe on 12/28. The dealer just called with a VIN and said I am slated for production on 2/20, a little later than they expected, but okay. I'd like to find out once someone takes delivery of one of these what the actual gas mileage is once the battery charge is used up. I have 2 Toyota Hybrids (not plug-in), they both churn out about 30% better mpg than the non-hybrids since they recharge the batteries during braking, downhill, and with excess engine power. Hope Jeep is able to do the same.
Sponsored