Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Quite expensive, but ordered.
Agree completely. That is why i went with the XL flaps, and then i drilled new holes in them to be able to mount them 1 in up, and 1 inch in, compared to stock. Basically the coverage is the same as the standard version, but i can always change mounting holes to get the full XL coverage.
I wasn’t sure if i wanted them to stick out as far as the XL, but there was no way i was going to pay for a second set if i was wrong. Hence why i went big, but can have the equivalent of either size.

Kato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Agree completely. That is why i went with the XL flaps, and then i drilled new holes in them to be able to mount them 1 in up, and 1 inch in, compared to stock. Basically the coverage is the same as the standard version, but i can always change mounting holes to get the full XL coverage.
I wasn’t sure if i wanted them to stick out as far as the XL, but there was no way i was going to pay for a second set if i was wrong. Hence why i went big, but can have the equivalent of either size.
This thread is very helpful. just got the rubicon 4xe in mid december and after a drive across the country already have the paint chipped off on the hinges due to gravel getting flung by the tires. I ordered my vehicle which is my 1st jeep and am dissapointed the dealer didn't warn me about this and recomend the flaps.
It sounds like the standard size rokblkz will work but Just wanted to confirm
thanks

Fullfree

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe MY22, Volvo XC60
Hi guys:

Thanks for the post, moreover please can you show any picture of the model you have in your Rubicon with factory rails?

Many thanks.

Fullfree

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe MY22, Volvo XC60
The fenders on the 4xe are wider and have a different shape. Weather Tech has updated their website since I ordered them. They do not yet have the correct ones.
Hi,
Thanks for sharing the info, moreover, do you think that this will be imposible to adapt or simple, they don’t looks ok if I adapt?
Thanks.

Sponsored

docmac

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe
The weathertech ones are not adaptable. Their molded shape does not fit confirm to the 4xe wheel well as they are currently made. I just made the mistake of getting some and will have to return them, having popped out the rivets from my fender first... DUH.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The weathertech ones are not adaptable. Their molded shape does not fit confirm to the 4xe wheel well as they are currently made. I just made the mistake of getting some and will have to return them, having popped out the rivets from my fender first... DUH.
Your fender isn't riveted. If you mean to the body it uses a special white clip. Like this.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Your fender isn't riveted. If you mean to the body it uses a special white clip. Like this.
That’s fender to body, assume he’s talking about inners too fender which are plastic rivets.

docmac

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe
GatorB8 is correct: I was talking about plastic "rivets." You remove them and replace them with new ones when you install the No Drill Mudflaps. The ones along the inner edge of the fender are somewhat similar to (not exactly the same as) these, such that the inner flange breaks off when you remove them:
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Mud flaps MUST READ 1660573929978

The other plastic retainer clips involved in the installation can be removed and then reused/replaced if needed.
The most stupid thing I did, though, was not making sure the new flaps would fit before I began the installation process. Self critiquing error.....

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Just removed these from the wife’s 4xE last weekend. She hated the look of them.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Mud flaps MUST READ 4ABC339C-F239-4EB4-8398-76A987F12697
Added XR fender flare extensions instead.
Sponsored