alpha1847

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
After owning my 4xe for 4 months, I would add these to your list:

1) True hybrid mode instead of prioritizing and depleting the battery first.
2) Leveled out trunk that is flush with the folded rear seats, or some kind of factory option platform that will give some storage space under the platform and will level out the trunk.
3) Charging port in a different location that doesn’t interfere with lighting brackets and roof racks that need to mount to the frame directly in front of the windshield.
4) Blue tow hooks standard on all 4xe models because let’s be real…it’s one of the signature items that reminds you it’s a 4xe. The blue tow hooks are one of the things that immediately caught my eye when I was first looking at the 4xe.
Maybe they are listening......getting those blue tow hooks for '22!
Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
After about 5 months with my 4xe, I've put together my wishlist for the product team at Jeep......

Things that probably should have been there in the first place:
1. Wireless CarPlay & a wireless charging pad (under armrest seems logical place)
2. Auto up/down on all windows
3. Automatic wipers
4. A 35/30/35 split seat in the back (instead of 60/40)
5. A real 120v outlet that supports ~2000 watts (not the weak 150 watt carryover from non-4xe's)
6. The same 21 gal fuel tank from the non-4xe's (given battery location, don't see why it won't fit)
7. Heat pump instead of resistive heat element for EV mode heat (to help EV range - really helped Teslas)
8. Heated rear seats
9. Lane Keep Assist with Advanced Tech (was not a fan of this feature on my wife's XC90, but after a long road trip with a well designed version on her MDX, changed my tune)

Reasonable requests for a refresh:
1. More powerful battery (would think this is inevitable)
2. Refreshed GME (maybe with multiair 3 & some other tweaks, could tune for similar peak power on reg fuel)
3. Support for 50amp home charging
4. Heated windshield (had one on my wife's XC90 - nothing like it in the winter)
5. Power driver seat (mainly for seat/mirror memory for multi drivers)
6. An eLSD to replace optional LSD on non-Rubicon models (hell, while we are at it, why not a front eLSD too - Jeep lost "best 4x4 system" bragging rights when they dropped the front eLSD from GC Quadra-Drive in 2011 - perfect way to get it back!)

Greedy, but doable:
1. DC fast charge (Mitsu offers on PHEV)
2. Bi-directional charging w/ home backup (similar to F-150 lightening setup)
3. Quadra-lift air suspension from GC/Wagoneer (might as well through in some magnetic dampers) - 4" range, 1.5" down, 2.5" up
4. Massaging seats from GC/Wagoneer (no reason we can't be comfortable too)
5. Selec-Terrain (yes, I know purists hate this, but I like having options)
6. Active/steerable headlamps (would help on trails)

For the dreamer:
1. SolarSlider roof (add flexible solar panels to sky slider roof - just leave about 2 inches in between each panel, for the folds when retracted)
2. Solar panel input (for camping, to complement #5 in the first section)
3. Cooled seats that are still water proof (I know, not sure how - note I said cooled, not ventilated)
4. A 4-cylinder diesel option (using an electrically assisted turbo to maximize HP)

They have that already:

Mercedes-Benz reveals an electric G-Wagon concept for the future - The Verge

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe mid-cycle Wishlist 1640246772123