Sponsored

Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
just curious

why is it alot of us dont seem to want to replace manual shifter for 4x4 mode w a button? My near 20 yr old yukon w 200k has a dial for 4x4 and its flawless. The stick in my jeep seems so ridiculously outdated. I guess i at least dont have to put jeep in reverse to disengage front diff like my old 87ā€™ dodge raider lol
I think it gives a feeling of simplicity, toughness and proven durability.

It might all just be psychological, but that's who we are: a bunch of mental cases... šŸ˜±
Sponsored

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650
1) Lower seats so I don't crank my head on the roll bar
2) 1 touch up for the windows
3) Fender design that doesn't trap small rocks against the paint
4) Some sort of Mopar hard top hoist. I can't believe that after all these years Mopar hasn't come up with some type of solution for hard top removal that hangs from your garage ceiling. They would probably sell one with half the wranglers that leave the dealer.
5) Easier integration for electrical accessories. IE, a plug and play solution for adding trailer wiring or the auxiliary switches on the dash. Not requiring 5 hours and repining connections.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I hope the paint to stick and not bubble... Second time to the dealer to get more bubbles fixed.
Windows auto down great, now add auto up.
More adjustment for the seats. I'm short, can only guess taller folks need more adjustment. I would like a little more. Also the level to adjust up and down for seat height. When I get in and out I'm always crunching down on the lever. So I have to lever up a lot.
Did I say paint that doesn't bubble?

Otherwise pretty happy!

Jinnjue

First Name
Jinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl 2 door Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone keeps saying "competition is good!", which I agree with for the most part.

Since we've had a chance to virtually see the new Bronco ad-nausea, what...
  1. Features would you want Jeep to INCORPORATE
  2. Features would you want Jeep to AVOID

I will start:

Features to INCORPORATE
  1. I am very impressed with the large 12-inch trail cam. The image is huge and clear
  2. In Bronco 2-door, I like how easy it is to fold forward the front seat to get out. After many years, Jeep still hasn't figured out how to design an front seat release for the 2 door the doesn't break, or doesn't break your fingers!
  3. Honestly, I like the slightly longer wheelbase of the 2-door Bronco. I'd love Jeep to bring back a long-wheelbase 2-door, like it offered for a couple years at the end of TJ's cycle --aka LJ
  4. I don't really care for Wrangler's folding windshield. It is a feature that adds cost and complexity that barely anyone uses any more
Features to AVOID
  1. I hate those frameless windows. Please Jeep...don't even go there!
  2. Bronco 2-door uses a conventional rear seat folding mechanism that leaves the backrest hinges protruding. The Wrangler 2-door rear seat is a masterpiece in simplicity and versatility
  3. Don't get rid of the soundbar in the middle of the vehicle; I love having the speakers right there
  4. I am torn with the modular hardtop. I think it would be cool to remove the rear panels, but I don't want it at the expense of adding rattles and leaks, and diminishing overall top integrity
  5. I don't remove the doors, so the A-pillar mounted mirrors are a non-issue for me. From a design standpoint, I prefer the mirrors where they are, right on the doors
  6. Do NOT replace the cable hand brake with an e-brake
  7. Do NOT replace the 4WD lever with a button; I don't care if the lever takes 100 lbs of force to pull!
  8. Most obvious one: DO NOT REPLACE THE FRONT SOLID AXLE with an IFS!

The guys at Stellantis are right now probably trying to figure out how to respond to Bronco. Let them know what you want and don't want changed on JL!
Being that I own both a 2 door hardtop wrangler jl and a 4 door soft top Big bend Bronco. I prefer the drive and handling of the bronco. I prefer the hard and soft tops of the Jeepā€™s over the bronco. I love the openness of the bronco but having the speakers all the way in the back will require a speaker upgrade next summer. Itā€™s that bad!!! Even though the Jeep stock speakers arenā€™t that great? They are better than the broncos. I love what each offers and it will be interesting to see how they compete over the years. Ford has fired back so letā€™s see how Jeep responds. And I canā€™t wait šŸ‘šŸ½šŸ˜

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
I donā€™t know every single feature that the Bronco offers vs. the Wrangler but there are 2 or 3 things that I do like about the Bronco and I would love to see added to the Wrangler.

1. I have a 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. On the Bronco, there is an option to lock the front differential without also having to lock the rear differential. I totally love that option and wish that I could lock my rear differential in 2 Hi, 4 Hi, and 4 Lo. And the separately, be able to lock my front differential in both 4 Hi and 4 Lo. And also disconnect my sway bar in 2 Hi, 4 Hi and 4 Lo, also completely separate from everything else.

2. Like others have said, be able to add the 12ā€ screen as opposed to the current largest screen of what is I think only 8.4ā€ maybe?

3. I know Jeep added a new package similar to Fords Sasquatch package that comes with a slight suspension lift, I think it is either 2ā€ or 3ā€? 35ā€ tires, bead lock ready rims, lower gearing and a few other things. I wish that option had been available when I ordered my Jeep because I would have had mine ordered with it too.

4. I think the Bronco has a type of terrain mode setting too, of driving on sand, dirt, mud, snow, rock climbing etc. or something very similar to that. Assuming the terrain selector performs better than not having that option, I would love to have it available on my JLUR too.

5. I hate eTorque and having the extra battery. My JLUR has the 3.6 liter V-6 with the 8 speed automatic transmission. I can turn off the option for auto start/stop and I do so every time that I drive anywhere in my Jeep. For me, I totally hate that feature of having a crazy expensive generator as opposed to an alternator and also have a liquid cooled, heavy freaking battery that is also underneath my Jeep. If my Jeep never had those things I would be totally just fine with that. And if a conversion kit ever does come out to delete those things I will consider buying it and having it installed.

Other than those things, I absolutely love my Jeep.
The only thing the Bronco canā€™t do on that list, I think, is to lock the front in anything beyond 4 lo. How fast you can go in 4 lo I do not know. Probably fast enough that you donā€™t need the locker anymore.

Sponsored

Raptorz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
Iā€™ll repeat what other have said that Iā€™d like:

Optional rear locker on other models
USB input for dash cam area
All terrains replacing highway tires on all trims (why would jeep do this)
The ability to order half doors in place of full doors (4K+ for half doors is a lot)
Carpetless washable interior option
Upgraded skid plate options
The ability to add a front trail cam to the 7ā€ technology package
Almost any feature the tazer jl provides would be nice.
Factory lift options?
Iā€™m getting too greedy here arnt I?

Side note:
I would prefer if on the Jeep website when building it would explain some of the options in more detail. For example, there are 2 leather options. I donā€™t fully understand what the secondary one includes. Also when I pick lsd or manual I get a Dana 44 but I wouldnā€™t know that as a new buyer.

I would like more options to come standard but at the same time I think wranglers are too expensive already so I wonā€™t comment on that.

Unlike others I like that the windshield still folds and is removable. I like the soft tops folding operation.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ll repeat what other have said that Iā€™d like:

Optional rear locker on other models
USB input for dash cam area
All terrains replacing highway tires on all trims (why would jeep do this)
The ability to order half doors in place of full doors (4K+ for half doors is a lot)
Carpetless washable interior option
Upgraded skid plate options
The ability to add a front trail cam to the 7ā€ technology package
Almost any feature the tazer jl provides would be nice.
Factory lift options?
Iā€™m getting too greedy here arnt I?

Side note:
I would prefer if on the Jeep website when building it would explain some of the options in more detail. For example, there are 2 leather options. I donā€™t fully understand what the secondary one includes. Also when I pick lsd or manual I get a Dana 44 but I wouldnā€™t know that as a new buyer.

I would like more options to come standard but at the same time I think wranglers are too expensive already so I wonā€™t comment on that.

Unlike others I like that the windshield still folds and is removable. I like the soft tops folding operation.
Yeah, FCA websites just suck at explaining/showing what everything means.

To this day most people still canā€™t figure out what eTorque is or does. And the differences between Sport, Sahara and Rubicon shock absorbers remain one of lifeā€™s most enduring mysteries.

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
There certainly seems to be a crap-ton of high-tech, luxury, frou frou requests for a vehicle whose main design and purpose is being a cross between off road oriented and on road transportation. In my opinion, it finds an extremely good balance meeting both of those objectives with acceptable sacrifices. For those of you who want Jeep to become a Ford, remember that there is a reason that Jeep has consistently been around in a very similar form (and leading the way) and all others have changed drastically or fallen by the wayside.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
  • The folding rear seat needs to be anchored when flipped up.
  • The windshield doesn't need to fold; lower the price. Buy an older Jeep if its that important to you.
  • Gorilla Glass needs to be standard. Really.
The rear seat anchors to the tabs on the roll bar with the Velcro straps on the seat.

I agree that the folding windshield could go away or become an option.

Gorilla Glass should be standard.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Forgot...GET RID OFF THE STUPID 2 BATTERY EES SYSTEM!!!!!

IF Jeep insists on 2 batteries have them side by side. Easily accessible / owner replaceable!!!!

A small computer back-up battery hidden under the main battery is a TERRIBLE idea!!! Hoping that engineer has been fired already!!!
Probably the same engineer who designed the older Sebring. The wheel and other wheel well parts need to be removed to replace the battery.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There seem to be more options for the 2-door Bronco? I would like more options for the 2-door Wrangler.

The Bronco has nice tech like 360 cameras and larger screens. It would be nice if the Wrangler evolves with more tech like that. Better on-road feel is always appreciated for a Wrangler.

A modular hard top that actually works would be nice. Removable rear glass windows like the Orange Peelz concept would be cool. Like the removable real glass windows on the Sky One Touch.

Better overall QC would be appreciated. The quick release door harness pins, front folding seats, rear defroster tabs, rear glass water seal, bubbling and peeling door hinges, fragile windshields, etc could all be improved upon.

The price of some Wrangler models is the same as most luxury premium brands now. It's time for some better QC and customer support. Same with dealer customer service and product support. Dealers should be held accountable. Reward dealers who perform well and punish dealers who do not. Make customers feel appreciated when there are warranty issues. This is LONG overdue.

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
There certainly seems to be a crap-ton of high-tech, luxury, frou frou requests for a vehicle whose main design and purpose is being a cross between off road oriented and on road transportation. In my opinion, it finds an extremely good balance meeting both of those objectives with acceptable sacrifices. For those of you who want Jeep to become a Ford, remember that there is a reason that Jeep has consistently been around in a very similar form (and leading the way) and all others have changed drastically or fallen by the wayside.
This 100%.....If anything I think my 21 JLUR is too comfortable. But I am thankful when I am rock crawling where no Bronco can go

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
If Chrysler is viewing any of this I donā€™t see them feeling pressured to adopt any of the Bronco items besides the obvious bigger wheels and such for numbers supremacy.
As most of the responses in this thread have said they would never buy anything but a Jeep the corporation knows that the addition of anything else will simply affect their profits and not pull anyone from buying a Bronco.
Until that changes I donā€™t see a whole lot of movement on their part. Certainly not matching feature for feature.
That said as a wish list there are lots of things Iā€™d like to see on a Jeep all previously mentioned.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

DO NOT INCORPORATE: Bronco's frame and body flex.

Apparently Ford is under the impression that articulation can be achieved by letting the frame flex --see front bumper

1629742294197.png
šŸ˜«
Yikes!
Sponsored