Sponsored

Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
This is very easy for me. Stuff I want.

1. Power seats at least driver with memory. If no memory I don’t need power seats.

2. Body mounted mirrors.

3. Rear freedom panels along with front freedom panels still. Keep back portion while like it is now. I can honestly seeing this happen on the next model. Then it would be like folding the soft top back on the fly without taking rear pieces off which I am fine with daily. Not like I’m sitting back there.
Only downside to power seats is no wash out floor (unless you wouldn’t care)
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Another way to get more storage space in a 2 door ; keep the wheelbase, add a Body extension to get that extra room. That way, only a frame extension, harness and exhaust extension needed, Fuel tank, filler, seat location, same. Someone good at photo shop could show the look. This doesn't require a separate frame, body, and the related tooling. That extra 12" ( pick a number) gives room, but doesn't sacrifice the nimble feel and look of the true Icon 2 door

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It’d kill departure angles, though, and wouldn’t improve rear seat room, highway ride and stability.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Body mount mirrors. That's it. Nothing else. The Bronco is clearly a gimmicky attempt to copy Jeep as closely as possible without getting sued, while still giving it just a hint of Ford heritage. It's cheesy. And typical Ford quality. The interior on my father's Polaris RZR is nicer.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Delete
  • Folding windshield (adds cost/complexity).
I hate you, just so you know. ;)
Also, worth pointing out to those griping about the fold down windshield. This was not a design element that was intended for the specific purpose of open air driving... but for shipping during WWII.
I do it so as to not give away my position to Charlie.

Sponsored

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
  • The folding rear seat needs to be anchored when flipped up
  • The folding rear seat needs to be simple to access from the passenger side
  • The passenger seat needs to flip up and forward (al la 1980s CJ-5s)
  • The bass speaker should never ever take up the only concealed storage area in the back. Never. Ever.
  • The hood needs to lock. Really.
  • The windshield doesn't need to fold; lower the price. Buy an older Jeep if its that important to you.
  • LED lights should be standard. Give us a break.
  • Front and rear cameras should be a switch on the dash, not buried in a multi-page menu.
  • Gorilla Glass needs to be standard. Really.
  • Nacho is a great color (Yorange on Vipers). Just retire it. Really.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
DO NOT INCORPORATE: Bronco's frame and body flex.

Apparently Ford is under the impression that articulation can be achieved by letting the frame flex --see front bumper

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign 1629742294197
😫

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
Everyone keeps saying "competition is good!", which I agree with for the most part.

Since we've had a chance to virtually see the new Bronco ad-nausea, what...
  1. Features would you want Jeep to INCORPORATE
  2. Features would you want Jeep to AVOID

I will start:

Features to INCORPORATE
  1. I am very impressed with the large 12-inch trail cam. The image is huge and clear
  2. In Bronco 2-door, I like how easy it is to fold forward the front seat to get out. After many years, Jeep still hasn't figured out how to design an front seat release for the 2 door the doesn't break, or doesn't break your fingers!
  3. Honestly, I like the slightly longer wheelbase of the 2-door Bronco. I'd love Jeep to bring back a long-wheelbase 2-door, like it offered for a couple years at the end of TJ's cycle --aka LJ
  4. I don't really care for Wrangler's folding windshield. It is a feature that adds cost and complexity that barely anyone uses any more
Features to AVOID
  1. I hate those frameless windows. Please Jeep...don't even go there!
  2. Bronco 2-door uses a conventional rear seat folding mechanism that leaves the backrest hinges protruding. The Wrangler 2-door rear seat is a masterpiece in simplicity and versatility
  3. Don't get rid of the soundbar in the middle of the vehicle; I love having the speakers right there
  4. I am torn with the modular hardtop. I think it would be cool to remove the rear panels, but I don't want it at the expense of adding rattles and leaks, and diminishing overall top integrity
  5. I don't remove the doors, so the A-pillar mounted mirrors are a non-issue for me. From a design standpoint, I prefer the mirrors where they are, right on the doors
  6. Do NOT replace the cable hand brake with an e-brake
  7. Do NOT replace the 4WD lever with a button; I don't care if the lever takes 100 lbs of force to pull!
  8. Most obvious one: DO NOT REPLACE THE FRONT SOLID AXLE with an IFS!

The guys at Stellantis are right now probably trying to figure out how to respond to Bronco. Let them know what you want and don't want changed on JL!
Quality and reliability!! ASAP please!

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully you are not asking for Ford levels of quality... 😫
No but Toyota QUality and reliability would work. I have no doubt the Bronco will have it’s share of issues as a new model bitches roll out, just saw one in the Wild looks nice seems wide.

Sponsored

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No but Toyota QUality and reliability would work. I have no doubt the Bronco will have it’s share of issues as a new first year model with a botched or delayed roll out, just saw one in the Wild looks nice seems wide.

Cwd651

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Occupation
Technical Service
Nothing. The Bronco is a turd.
I’ve been a Ford guy 20+ years and never really cared for much Mopar, BUT after researching the Bronco in all the extra time Ford gave everyone with delays I went and bought a new Willys, wish I would have done it years ago… love it. Ford missed the mark.
Only change I’d make is a better rear gate seal with the soft top. Otherwise Jeep has kept tried and true.

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
I don’t know every single feature that the Bronco offers vs. the Wrangler but there are 2 or 3 things that I do like about the Bronco and I would love to see added to the Wrangler.

1. I have a 2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. On the Bronco, there is an option to lock the front differential without also having to lock the rear differential. I totally love that option and wish that I could lock my rear differential in 2 Hi, 4 Hi, and 4 Lo. And the separately, be able to lock my front differential in both 4 Hi and 4 Lo. And also disconnect my sway bar in 2 Hi, 4 Hi and 4 Lo, also completely separate from everything else.

2. Like others have said, be able to add the 12” screen as opposed to the current largest screen of what is I think only 8.4” maybe?

3. I know Jeep added a new package similar to Fords Sasquatch package that comes with a slight suspension lift, I think it is either 2” or 3”? 35” tires, bead lock ready rims, lower gearing and a few other things. I wish that option had been available when I ordered my Jeep because I would have had mine ordered with it too.

4. I think the Bronco has a type of terrain mode setting too, of driving on sand, dirt, mud, snow, rock climbing etc. or something very similar to that. Assuming the terrain selector performs better than not having that option, I would love to have it available on my JLUR too.

5. I hate eTorque and having the extra battery. My JLUR has the 3.6 liter V-6 with the 8 speed automatic transmission. I can turn off the option for auto start/stop and I do so every time that I drive anywhere in my Jeep. For me, I totally hate that feature of having a crazy expensive generator as opposed to an alternator and also have a liquid cooled, heavy freaking battery that is also underneath my Jeep. If my Jeep never had those things I would be totally just fine with that. And if a conversion kit ever does come out to delete those things I will consider buying it and having it installed.

Other than those things, I absolutely love my Jeep.

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
just curious

why is it alot of us dont seem to want to replace manual shifter for 4x4 mode w a button? My near 20 yr old yukon w 200k has a dial for 4x4 and its flawless. The stick in my jeep seems so ridiculously outdated. I guess i at least dont have to put jeep in reverse to disengage front diff like my old 87’ dodge raider lol

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
just curious

why is it alot of us dont seem to want to replace manual shifter for 4x4 mode w a button? My near 20 yr old yukon w 200k has a dial for 4x4 and its flawless. The stick in my jeep seems so ridiculously outdated. I guess i at least dont have to put jeep in reverse to disengage front diff like my old 87’ dodge raider lol
We like stuff that is ridiculously outdated.
Sponsored