Sponsored

4xe issues

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
The warning lights came on after two days of having it and 120 miles, once the battery went to zero the engine did not switch over to gas so I had to pull off the road. The car immediately started back up and worked normally, the lights turned off and has functioned normally since. I took it to the dealer, They kept it for five days and talked to the engineers at jeep Chrysler and could not find anything wrong. I had purchased a lift prior to all of this so I just had them go ahead with it. As one member of the forms said if you wait to have a jeep without problems you will never own a jeep. We will see
Every single relay in the fuse box on mine was loose. I wonder if that could be your issue.
Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Well it’s working normally now so who knows. After the lift and bigger tires interestingly easy battery life went down to about 15 miles on a full charge
Ouch

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
So it turned out they actually used a TeraFlex 3.5 inch lift because the Mopar one actually didn’t fit.
This is interesting. So did you order the Mopar and then when it didn't fit they switched to TeraFlex? And why didn't the Mopar work? Whats so different from the JLUR and 4xe?

Actually, since it looks like you're the first person with a 4xe lift, you post in here so we can talk about the lift specifically
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/4xe-lift-kit.69864/

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Just found out tonight that the Level 1 charger will NOT work unless it's plugged into a GFCI outlet. Typically not a problem unless you decide to plug in at the old barn built in the 1950s on the farm.

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Just found out tonight that the Level 1 charger will NOT work unless it's plugged into a GFCI outlet. Typically not a problem unless you decide to plug in at the old barn built in the 1950s on the farm.
Soooo...you plugged into an old barn built in the 1950s on a farm?

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Depending on the rating of that extension cord, they might have burned down that barn.

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubicon XR
Depending on the rating of that extension cord, they might have burned down that barn.
Kind of like a trailer hitch - just because you can hook it up to a 15,000 pound trailer because you have a 2” ball on your hitch does not mean you should. 😂

Folks - please don’t use any extension cord with a high current draw device (aka a level 1 charger) unless you know the cord is rated to carry that amount of current over the length of the cord.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Soooo...you plugged into an old barn built in the 1950s on a farm?
Yep just to see if it would work. Circuit had a ground but no GFI. Charger would not work. We're headed out West this Summer and stay in some rustic areas so I'm going to take a little plug-in GFI module along just in case.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2021 JLURe (coming soon)
I doubt it's the GFCI that made the difference there. All J1772 EVSEs are required to have internal GFCI anyway (so an external one would be redundant), and there wouldn't be a way for the charger to determine whether the outlet it's connected to has GFCI without tripping it. Most likely that old outlet is improperly or weakly grounded or has some other wiring issue.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
I doubt it's the GFCI that made the difference there. All J1772 EVSEs are required to have internal GFCI anyway (so an external one would be redundant), and there wouldn't be a way for the charger to determine whether the outlet it's connected to has GFCI without tripping it. Most likely that old outlet is improperly or weakly grounded or has some other wiring issue.
Likely a grounding issue. My house was built in the 50's and the outlets on the inside are not grounded. I tried one, it didn't work. I tried an outlet on the add-on laundry room at the back of the carport and it worked fine (it's grounded).