Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an order online and the local store has been proactive reaching out to me with updates on my order. So, will hold judgement for now.
The winch I ordered (Smittybilt XRC GEN3
9.5K COMP Synthetic) was out of stock even though based on what I saw on the site it made it seem like it was in stock and ready to ship. Every other site I checked shows this same winch won’t ship until late July.

He tracked one down at their VA Beach store and had it sent to my local store. Supposed to be here Monday. Will see if it materializes.

Sorry you guys had bad experiences. Just sharing my first experience with them. So far so good.
Sponsored

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
They did the same thing with me on a Viair compressor. Ordered it and it said it was in stock..Then I got an email about a week later saying it was coming directly from the manufacturer..Tried calling, no luck..Then about 3.5 weeks after my order the compressor just showed up.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I ordered a ARB 12-volt portable air compressor through 4wp, the single compressor model for $345. It was supposed to be delivered to my home.

I never received an update so I called in and found out it was delivered to the local store the next town over. I called the store and was told the compressor and a few assorted parts I ordered were there. I drove over and picked up the parts but no compressor...I was notified 3 more times it was in.

Twice I came in they didn't have it. Third time I went in I was in a rush, they had one so I signed the receipt papers and took off. I didn't take a close look at it but had a feeling something was off, it was too big and heavy... When I got home and unpacked it I had a Twin 12-volt portable air compressor with tank for $872.

This may not be right but after all that I'm keeping it. Only problem I can't register it...

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
The winch I ordered (Smittybilt XRC GEN3
9.5K COMP Synthetic) was out of stock even though based on what I saw on the site it made it seem like it was in stock and ready to ship. Every other site I checked shows this same winch won’t ship until late July.

He tracked one down at their VA Beach store and had it sent to my local store. Supposed to be here Monday. Will see if it materializes.

Sorry you guys had bad experiences. Just sharing my first experience with them. So far so good.
Just wanted to close the loop and say that the winch showed up yesterday just as promised.

Maybe I’m just lucky to have a local location to visit that’s staffed with people that genuinely seem to care about their customers.

candelz

First Name
Candelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Still waiting for them to return the money to card from an order canceled a week ago
-_-

Sponsored

OP
OP
Malamutants13

Malamutants13

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Still waiting for them to return the money to card from an order canceled a week ago
-_-
If you call, they’ll offer you a promo card so you can have another equally shitty experience purchasing something else
Actually, I’m speaking out of turn since I haven’t used the promo card yet. Maybe that shopping experience will be better.

candelz

First Name
Candelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If you call, they’ll offer you a promo card so you can have another equally shitty experience purchasing something else
Actually, I’m speaking out of turn since I haven’t used the promo card yet. Maybe that shopping experience will be better.
The old buy and trap technique. They said that i would be refunded. Looks like i need to spend another 2 hours on hold and speak to the one guy who worka in a cubicle.

OP
OP
Malamutants13

Malamutants13

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
The old buy and trap technique. They said that i would be refunded. Looks like i need to spend another 2 hours on hold and speak to the one guy who worka in a cubicle.
Sounds about right. His name is Marcos. He was actually pretty understanding and helpful.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Yeah I have given up on those idiots. To many horror stories. This last time I had my 3rd straight issue. They emailed me a review form. I filled it out and they sent this back. I guess they only publish good reviews!

Your review was received and cannot be published to the website at this time.

Victor,

Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!

Edit your review

Thanks again,
4WheelParts

*****This is all I wrote*******
In stock items not able to be picked up when you said they could be picked up. Turns out I was told our shop mistakenly used the part you called and told me to drive thru the valley to pick up. After the third issue in a row buying and not delivering as was promised I have given up on 4WP. You have a long drawn out reason why you can't deliver to many times now.
Vic

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
I had the same thing happen on a set of tires through 4WP.

I just sat at the window waiting and they never showed up.

I called a week later and was on hold, no kidding an hour to find out they were on back order and not shipping for another month.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Malamutants13

Malamutants13

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
The communication with their customers is almost on par with the “In Stock” items on their website.

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I order front and rear Rancho diff skids 4 weeks ago to have delivered to the local store. Manager called me the same day and said they didn’t have them in stock, but 3-5 days and he would call me. 3.5 weeks later I finally got a call. I had completely different experiences with them before COVID so I’m hoping once shipping and manufacturing gets worked out they can get their process fixed.

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
I ordered a front bumper, winch, and shackles from them on 6/13/20. About a week later I got the winch. Another week goes by and I got the shackles. I have tried to contacting the company multiple times multiple ways with no luck. I finally called and selected the option to talk to someone in sales. Well they answered! I told them the problem and they said that the bumper is marked as shipped by the manufacturer and that if I didn't have the bumper to call back then.

They have been horrible about communication. No updates at all and they don't return messages. I was hoping to have the bumper by Fathers Day. Then by the 4th of July. Maybe I'll have it in time for my birthday.

Edit 7/8/20:
Well, I finally got an update from 4WP and they said, "We regret to inform you that your RPP99306 does not have a due in /release date from the manufacture."

This is after they told me on the phone yesterday that it shipped and if I hadn't received it by Friday, to call back. So I called Rampage Products directly. They answered right away. The guy was very courteous and full of information.

The Rampage rep said he didn't know what a "due in /release date" was and that the bumper was on back order and they should have a shipment in by July 14th. He said they will ship out all the orders that they can by the next day. He said if my order doesn't get shipped out in this batch, their next supply is coming in August 22nd and will ship out then.

I'm okay with this because I understand that with the pandemic things are running behind. And he was able to give me answers and didn't try to dodge my questions. And Rampage answers their damn phone!

4WP on the other hand... they have a lot to learn about customer service.
The Rampage rep said if you are ordering any of their parts, you can either order directly from them or you can call to make sure things are in stock before you order from a third party vendor. Nice guy and a respectable company.
Sponsored

Last edited: