Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, 4WP’s poor customer service is legendary.

When I lived in California I used to go into their Redondo Beach store. They always treated me well.

I relocated to Washington; the nearest store is now 60 miles away. They are just awful. I tried calling in on several occasions. The phone rings and rings. When someone finally picks up, they take down my name and number but never bother calling back.

I wrote them off years ago.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, the pandemic is extending delivery times by a lot. Especially for things made in China. Back in March, I looked into buying a set of wheels for my Fiat Spider. Discount Tire didn’t have any in stock; it would take 45 days to get. I said “Fine” and put down a deposit. The next day I go back to Discount Tire to look at tires and they tell me that the wheels won’t arrive for another three months, since China is shut down.

At that point I said “Screw it.” Got my deposit back. Fortunately, found the wheels in stock elsewhere.

OP
OP
Malamutants13

Malamutants13

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
BTW, the pandemic is extending delivery times by a lot. Especially for things made in China. Back in March, I looked into buying a set of wheels for my Fiat Spider. Discount Tire didn’t have any in stock; it would take 45 days to get. I said “Fine” and put down a deposit. The next day I go back to Discount Tire to look at tires and they tell me that the wheels won’t arrive for another three months, since China is shut down.

At that point I said “Screw it.” Got my deposit back. Fortunately, found the wheels in stock elsewhere.
298B1931-D17D-48EF-B967-464A4338EBD7.jpeg

OP
OP
Malamutants13

Malamutants13

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S

It’s not really about the pandemic or shipping times. It’s the fact that the site didn’t say anything about items being back ordered. I could have ordered through a different retailer. I would have already received and installed everything. Ridiculous.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had similar experiences through them now. The store is a hour from me so if I need something quickly is was convenient but my last 2 experiences have been rough. I’ve been told 3-5 days for an item to ship and it’s taken over 2 weeks each time and I always have to call and complain to get anywhere. I’m done with them at this point.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Malamutants13 I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience purchasing one of our products. We have extended the rebate REDEMPTION period for an additional 30 days, firstly. Second, if you still haven't received your product in that amount of time please contact our CS department and we'll be happy to work with you; clearly this isn't your fault.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP
Malamutants13

Malamutants13

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
@Malamutants13 I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience purchasing one of our products. We have extended the rebate REDEMPTION period for an additional 30 days, firstly. Second, if you still haven't received your product in that amount of time please contact our CS department and we'll be happy to work with you; clearly this isn't your fault.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I have heard nothing but great things regarding your company’s customer service. So awesome to experience it firsthand. I have to attempt to contact the retailer again since I never got a call back from the supervisor. He did say he would be contacting the vendors to check on product availability. Any idea why the Trektop NX for the JLU in twill would not be available to them? Thanks for reaching out!

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
I also had a similar unfullfilling experience but on the Canadian side at the Montreal store where the website (wasn't correct) as per the store person once I arrived at the store to pay because the website coulnd't accept my payment for some weird reason (what the store told me when I contacted websupport) Once at the store the final price wasn't what the website was showing.... I managed to get my wheels and tires with some rebate although not at the price I thought I would be having them which I wasn't very happy about. I didn't like the experience very much because it just looked VERY shady to me and walking some very fine legal line that was getting blurry pretty fast while discussing with the manager there...

So I stopped ordering there for my stuff. Its sad cause its one of the sole big one in the Montreal region. Now I just order from U.S. or Western Canada even though the Montreal store is close to me.

Sponsored

JW12

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2-Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Financial Services
I ordered something from 4WP as well and had no communication. I tried calling but nobody would pick up after an hours on hold. I sent an email to their customer service asking to cancel my order after three weeks of no communication and my request was assigned to a particular person, but I never heard back. The product finally shipped to me after 30 days and I never heard a peep out of them. I have ordered things from them in the past with no issues, so I'm not sure what happened to them. Never again!

OP
OP
Malamutants13

Malamutants13

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
**UPDATE**
After several calls and several hours on hold, I was issued a partial refund and given a promo gift card. For anyone experiencing issues relating to their purchases, Marcos was really helpful. You may have to sit on hold for hours at a time and it doesn’t change the fact that their website and inventory management/notifications are less than subpar, but he was understanding, agreeable, and worked with me to resolve the problem as best he could.
Good luck...

candelz

First Name
Candelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I am only commenting so other people can know that 4WP is a no go. I attempted the online contact form 4 times. and No Go. my Item was ordered almost 2 months ago and has not shipped. I've been on the phone for hours and unable to reach anyone on the phone. This is the most disappointing online ordering experience I have ever had.

OP
OP
Malamutants13

Malamutants13

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
I am only commenting so other people can know that 4WP is a no go. I attempted the online contact form 4 times. and No Go. my Item was ordered almost 2 months ago and has not shipped. I've been on the phone for hours and unable to reach anyone on the phone. This is the most disappointing online ordering experience I have ever had.
Sorry you had a crappy experience with this crappy company. Is the item something you can order elsewhere?

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an order online and the local store has been proactive reaching out to me with updates on my order. So, will hold judgement for now.
Sponsored