Sponsored

392 Aux switch harnesses

forcefedjunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon 2.0L T/ 2021 Rubicon 392
So I ordered the Aux switches but the harnesses are no where to be found. On my 2020 2.0L Rubicon they are exactly where they are supposed to be per the manual, one behind the glovebox under the dash, the second in the engine compartment. On my 392 they are in neither location, and dealer is of no help after 3 weeks or waiting and asking for updates. Has anyone found/used the aux switch wiring yet?
Sponsored

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
Did you get the tow package?

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
I don't have my 392 yet but Aux switches are listed on my build sheet, page 4 3rd item down. Can you find them on your build sheet?

ascuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 1985 CJ7, 1975 CJ5
Mine are there - engine ones are taped up between the battery and fender, near the base of the battery. Interiors are tucked in the passenger footwell (not behind the glovebox, but in the side kickplate).

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
This thread is getting a tad weird....

@forcefedjunkie

Do you have the 4 Aux Switches on your 392's dash? Are the 4 dedicated, Aux fuse switch fuses present on the PDC? When you go to UConnect do you see 4 Aux switches listed / their setting diddy accessible? When you push each Aux button does each the button light up?....

IF the answers are yes to the above, your have functional Aux switches.... with that said if you can not find the 2 Aux bundles stop by the stealership Service Dept. and have a Tech search the bundles out for you since you can't find them.

Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
So far I have only used the ones in the engine bay. tucked down right beside the battery.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Mine are there - engine ones are taped up between the battery and fender, near the base of the battery. Interiors are tucked in the passenger footwell (not behind the glovebox, but in the side kickplate).
Yep. I have used all mine.

Sam

OP
OP

forcefedjunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This thread is getting a tad weird....

@forcefedjunkie

Do you have the 4 Aux Switches on your 392's dash? Are the 4 dedicated, Aux fuse switch fuses present on the PDC? When you go to UConnect do you see 4 Aux switches listed / their setting diddy accessible? When you push each Aux button does each the button light up?....

IF the answers are yes to the above, your have functional Aux switches.... with that said if you can not find the 2 Aux bundles stop by the stealership Service Dept. and have a Tech search the bundles out for you since you can't find them.
I have the 4 switches, yes. I will check the UConnect and fuses but I paid for the optional switch package. Not sure why I wouldn't have functional switched unless it was an oversight at the factory. I have been to the service dept. and they just shake their heads saying they've never seen this before, then stare at me. Like I said I have a 2020 with same package, I know what the harness look like and how it all works. They are not where they are supposed to be on this vehicle.

OP
OP

forcefedjunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what the harness looks like on my 2020, very obvious and where it's supposed to be

Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Aux switch harnesses IMG_4046.JPG

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I have the 4 switches, yes. I will check the UConnect and fuses but I paid for the optional switch package. Not sure why I wouldn't have functional switched unless it was an oversight at the factory. I have been to the service dept. and they just shake their heads saying they've never seen this before, then stare at me. Like I said I have a 2020 with same package, I know what the harness look like and how it all works. They are not where they are supposed to be on this vehicle.
I assume the option install is the same as the mopar kit. Can you track it backwards from the Aux PDC?
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Aux switch harnesses 1625764007376

And from the switch harness/grommet inside:
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Aux switch harnesses 1625764224902

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@GATORB8

Factory install and kit install are not at all the same same!

OP
OP

forcefedjunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't believe the aux. PDC is where it's shown in the diagram above on the 392. Can someone take please take a picture of the two harnesses on the 392? A picture would be worth a thousand words here.

My aux. switch lights light up and I have the Aux switch controls on the UConnect.