392 Aux Fuel System Complete

SteveSRT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali, 2021 392 Rubicon
That looks really cool. I want to see it mounted on the back of a jeep though. It seemed dumb they had a picture of the front of a jeep
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I added the Rebel Off-Road Blackout kit. It holds one 2 gal (really ~1.8 gal) Rotopax per side.

8C199F8D-9B4B-4334-A1CD-5DDD33D273F4.jpeg

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
Interesting, thank you. I suppose you could uninstall the tailgate reinforcement bracket anyway. Not like we're using it.
I'm going the AEV Fuel Caddy route on mine when it arrives. I had a Mopar tailgate reinforcement that I fitted to one of my previous Wranglers, and looking at some pictures online of it now I don't think it would be a problem to grind it off though instead of removing the entire thing.
The challenge with removing the entire thing is that the bolts are not going to be body color (unless your Jeep is black), and *may* be too long. If you can get a set of normal length bolts and body color them, then removing it might be an option.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'm going the AEV Fuel Caddy route on mine when it arrives. I had a Mopar tailgate reinforcement that I fitted to one of my previous Wranglers, and looking at some pictures online of it now I don't think it would be a problem to grind it off though instead of removing the entire thing.
The challenge with removing the entire thing is that the bolts are not going to be body color (unless your Jeep is black), and *may* be too long. If you can get a set of normal length bolts and body color them, then removing it might be an option.
Hmm... didn't think about that. So you'd be left with a visual eyesore without the tailgate reinforcement that would require a body shop to touch up. I'm sure stock bolts are available from FCA.

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
Hmm... didn't think about that. So you'd be left with a visual eyesore without the tailgate reinforcement that would require a body shop to touch up. I'm sure stock bolts are available from FCA.
I'd be surprised if the area under the reinforcement wasn't already properly sprayed body color and all, but yeah, there are going to be marks on it where the reinforcement touches it, and potentially slight rubbing as everything flexes.

Stock bolts should be obtainable, yeah. You'll have to paint them yourself though I suspect.

What I'll probably end up doing is just gaining that antenna mount off and painting the cut area black again.

nismo1013

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 392 AEV370
I'd be surprised if the area under the reinforcement wasn't already properly sprayed body color and all, but yeah, there are going to be marks on it where the reinforcement touches it, and potentially slight rubbing as everything flexes.

Stock bolts should be obtainable, yeah. You'll have to paint them yourself though I suspect.

What I'll probably end up doing is just gaining that antenna mount off and painting the cut area black again.
Any update on how this turned out?
Sponsored