Long Range America Aux Fuel Tank installed on 392

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
Are you able to provide the company name that did your work? This approach is so attractive to a prospective 392 owner.
NWD Performance
Marysville, WA
360-659-8033

I've done a little follow-up work on this, PM me if interested -
LF
Sponsored

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
How do you keep the heat away from the fuel tank?
NWD mentioned three specific modifications for the installation - installing a section of large diameter single exhaust pipe, adding exhaust pipe heat shields & adapting the tank mounting locations.

RubiconJL392

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 392
It’s been a few months, have you pulled the trigger on this setup?

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
any chance someone can flash the larger tank volume into the system so your range estimate is more accurate?

THAW

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JL4DrRubicon
any chance someone can flash the larger tank volume into the system so your range estimate is more accurate?
I believe JScan can be used to set tank size. I'm not sure what the ramifications of doing so are for range estimate or other systems.

In a standard installation there's no connection between the LRA tank sending unit and the Jeep electronics, so the Jeep computers don't have aux tank level data. It might be possible to figure a way to connect the sending unit gauge wire to the factory sending unit gauge wire and adjust the resistance properly.

It's an interesting idea, but the standard system is pretty functional as is. I don't have a 392 but my factory tank is 21.5 gallons and shows empty at around 4 gallons (~17.5 gallons used). The aux transfer tank is 17 gallons, so basically I have 2 "full gauge to empty gauge" tanks and can therefore easily extrapolate the range estimate in my head for any combination of remaining fuel levels.
Sponsored

Last edited: