Sponsored

37s on xtreme recon package?

Brianf1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jl
pretty much just wondering if the xtreme recon package can run 37s without any issues?
Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I want to know why they have not taken a page out of Ford's book, and offered the Xtreme Recon package on all models?
It’s intentional to make one buy the more expensive trim.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I think it might with the wheels that come with it's offset.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I've been wondering the exact same thing. My suspicion is that it will probably work for street driving but may need a lift/bump stops for full flex off road. But I'm just guessing here. If the factory 1.5" lift is anything like the Mopar 2" lift it may be sufficient

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I think the lift will be similar to the 392 ride height. There are videos that show 37s rub on 392s under full flex. I would say its a safe bet that 37s would also rub under full flex if you go with a 'true' 37. You may be able to use a longer bump stop. But smaller running 37s like BFG KO2s would probably be fine.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is the lift the same as the regular mopar lift for the rubicon? What is the offset on the wheels?

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

If you're going to go with 37s i wouldn't get the xtreme recon package. You're going to end up needing new suspension and gears anyway. Pointless
I wouldn't call it pointless. 4.56 aren't terrible for 37's, not perfect but not terrible. Upgraded axles, factory beadlocks, tailgate reinforcement, bigger brakes aren't nothing.

Sponsored

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to go with 37s i wouldn't get the xtreme recon package. You're going to end up needing new suspension and gears anyway. Pointless
You would not NEED to regear. There are plenty of folks running 37s who didn't regear stock Rubicons.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Is the lift the same as the regular mopar lift for the rubicon? What is the offset on the wheels?
Not sure not the lift, it's one of my questions for the first owner to take delivery as well. If the wheels are the same as the Mopar accessory wheels offered in the aftermarket its 4.4" BS

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 10.34.59 AM.png

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
You would not NEED to regear. There are plenty of folks running 37s who didn't regear stock Rubicons.
So the 4:56 gears are pointless? There's also a lot of fat chicks putting ducks on Jeeps. That doesn't make it right

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So the 4:56 gears are pointless? There's also a lot of fat chicks putting ducks on Jeeps. That doesn't make it right
4:56 is going to be fine on 37s. You said you are going to need new gears which is just silly. You may prefer different gearing but that isn’t the same as need.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
4:56 is going to be fine on 37s. You said you are going to need new gears which is just silly. You may prefer different gearing but that isn’t the same as need.
What is silly is spending that much money on an upgrade package with the intention of having it less than ideal. If you're going to run and wheel 37s, 4.88 should be the minimum. Maybe 5.13s, depending on your use case. But what do i know?
Sponsored