Sponsored

More flex out of Rubi w. Xtreme Recon Package

bjeepz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Recon
Hey! I just picked up in this thread. It very closely relates to my situation. I want to keep my 21 Rubi XR at stock height if I can. I have about 27K on it, and the only changes are flat fenders, aluminum bumpers, winch, Road Armor Wheels and 35 x 12.50 17 BFG KM3 MT. The problem I have is there’s only about 3/4” of available uptravel before I start getting into my bumpstops. I seem to be riding on them much more than I prefer. Thinking about cutting them down a couple of inches….
Adding a 1/2 ich spacer might make enough difference for the bump stops and is not much of a height difference. I have a 1 inch spacer up front and the Jeep sits level and doesn't hit the bumpstops all the time. With your added weight you are sitting lower than stock by a bit.
Sponsored

bjeepz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Recon
Well went ahead and ordered these from Shock Surplus and will update when installed to see how they fit/perform. Here is a $15 discount link if anyone needs it ;) Shock Surplus

Happy Trails,
Scooter

1711219854106-8e.png

Front specs:
Rancho RS7MT RS77065
SPECIFICATIONS
ďż˝
ColorTypeExtended LengthExtended LengthLower Mount TypeUpper Mount TypeBoot IncludedGas ChargedBody DiameterBody DiameterCompressed LengthCompressed LengthTravel LengthTravel LengthFinishShock Absorber Rod End Measuring PointShock Absorber Body End Measuring PointBody Length
BlackTelescopic26.66 (in)677.2 (mm)Loop Bushing and Sleeve Mount - 1/2" Sleeve ID X 1.1/2" Sleeve OALLoop Bushing and Sleeve Mount - 1/2" Sleeve ID X 2.3/4" Sleeve OALNoYes50 (mm)1.97 (in)17.43 (in)442.7 (mm)9.23 (in)234.4 (mm)PaintedEyeletEyelet16.38 (in)

Rear Specs:
Rancho RS7MT RS77066
SPECIFICATIONS
ďż˝
ColorTypeExtended LengthExtended LengthLower Mount TypeUpper Mount TypeBoot IncludedGas ChargedBody DiameterBody DiameterCompressed LengthCompressed LengthTravel LengthTravel LengthCoil Over Springs IncludedFinishShock Absorber Rod End Measuring PointShock Absorber Body End Measuring PointBody Length
BlackTelescopic30.04 (in)763 (mm)Loop Bushing and Sleeve Mount - 1/2" Sleeve ID X 1.1/2" Sleeve OALLoop Bushing and Sleeve Mount - 1/2" Sleeve ID X 2.3/4" Sleeve OALNoYes1.97 (in)50 (mm)19.37 (in)492 (mm)10.67 (in)271 (mm)NoPaintedEyeletEyelet18.35 (in)
Those fronts are the same length as the Mopar lift shocks, should be about 2 inches longer than the stock XR fronts. You might want to consider longer sway bar links. The Mopar lift links are about an inch longer than our XR links. I have some that I need to install before wheeling.

As for the rear I don't recall what ppl are saying for the links with a shock of that length. My Falcons are about 28.5 rear and 27.5 front and I believe the rear links are good but will have to test again and look more closely to see if they contact the shocks.

Scooter2022JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL Rubicon XR
Those fronts are the same length as the Mopar lift shocks, should be about 2 inches longer than the stock XR fronts. You might want to consider longer sway bar links. The Mopar lift links are about an inch longer than our XR links. I have some that I need to install before wheeling.

As for the rear I don't recall what ppl are saying for the links with a shock of that length. My Falcons are about 28.5 rear and 27.5 front and I believe the rear links are good but will have to test again and look more closely to see if they contact the shocks.
Thanks for the reply bjeepz, I hoping all goes according to plan and can squeeze by with not changing too much. I am going to probably get the Rancho rear park brake cable relocation bracket and take a look at the rear links....Thanks again!

Scooter2022JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL Rubicon XR
Had another thought to see if anyone has tried to run a rear XR shock on the front? Same mounting and within the range of no driveshaft clearance problems? Maybe get away with just longer sway links and gain some decent travel @ 27.38 extended? Let me know what you think?

Thanks,
Scooter

dstevens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX
The rear shock on the front would have a compressed length of 18.63", which is more than 2" too long so you would have even more bump stop than stock. Also it would be surprising if the rear dampening was going to be the same as the front.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Shocks are cheap and the factory ones are under dampened for aggressive driving even with the stock 35s. Their short travel compared to compressed length is garbage as well. Buy a set of bilstein 5100s for a 1-3" lift for $400 and bolt them on. Increase the suspension travel of your xr by over 30% for next to nothing. The factory bumps are long enough to clear 37s. Obviously upgrading things like track bars and control arms will make it even better but the stock xr will get down and out flex most vehicles on the planet with a simple shock change and tire swap. We wheeled the hell out of ours for the 1st 10k miles with these simple mods. It's now on 39s and 3.5" metalcloak springs with fox 2.0s, but still runs stock rear control arms and track bar. Don't over think it. Mod what is needed and wheel it.

Scooter2022JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL Rubicon XR
Well went ahead and ordered these from Shock Surplus and will update when installed to see how they fit/perform. Here is a $15 discount link if anyone needs it ;) Shock Surplus

Happy Trails,
Scooter

1711219854106-8e.png

Front specs:
Rancho RS7MT RS77065
SPECIFICATIONS
ďż˝
ColorTypeExtended LengthExtended LengthLower Mount TypeUpper Mount TypeBoot IncludedGas ChargedBody DiameterBody DiameterCompressed LengthCompressed LengthTravel LengthTravel LengthFinishShock Absorber Rod End Measuring PointShock Absorber Body End Measuring PointBody Length
BlackTelescopic26.66 (in)677.2 (mm)Loop Bushing and Sleeve Mount - 1/2" Sleeve ID X 1.1/2" Sleeve OALLoop Bushing and Sleeve Mount - 1/2" Sleeve ID X 2.3/4" Sleeve OALNoYes50 (mm)1.97 (in)17.43 (in)442.7 (mm)9.23 (in)234.4 (mm)PaintedEyeletEyelet16.38 (in)

Rear Specs:
Rancho RS7MT RS77066
SPECIFICATIONS
ďż˝
ColorTypeExtended LengthExtended LengthLower Mount TypeUpper Mount TypeBoot IncludedGas ChargedBody DiameterBody DiameterCompressed LengthCompressed LengthTravel LengthTravel LengthCoil Over Springs IncludedFinishShock Absorber Rod End Measuring PointShock Absorber Body End Measuring PointBody Length
BlackTelescopic30.04 (in)763 (mm)Loop Bushing and Sleeve Mount - 1/2" Sleeve ID X 1.1/2" Sleeve OALLoop Bushing and Sleeve Mount - 1/2" Sleeve ID X 2.3/4" Sleeve OALNoYes1.97 (in)50 (mm)19.37 (in)492 (mm)10.67 (in)271 (mm)NoPaintedEyeletEyelet18.35 (in)
Well Jeepers,

Installed the Rancho's and happy to say they are a great match for my stock XR setup! Way more flex F&R and just enough not to require anything else to make work. I ziptied to see if too much compression but factory bump setup worked out great as well. No interference with rear swaybar at full droop and parking brake cables had some flex. Shock's do ride just a bit stiffer on the road but feel more controlled. I know these are not the best shocks on the market but for anyone on a budget looking to pull more out of their XR I personally think they are a great option. I got all four shipped for under $300 and they carry a lifetime warranty to boot. Please feel free to let me know your thoughts...

Happy Trails,
Scooter

Fronts:
Jeep Wrangler JL More flex out of Rubi w. Xtreme Recon Package IMG_0706

Jeep Wrangler JL More flex out of Rubi w. Xtreme Recon Package IMG_0707

Jeep Wrangler JL More flex out of Rubi w. Xtreme Recon Package IMG_0709

Jeep Wrangler JL More flex out of Rubi w. Xtreme Recon Package IMG_0710

Jeep Wrangler JL More flex out of Rubi w. Xtreme Recon Package IMG_0732

Jeep Wrangler JL More flex out of Rubi w. Xtreme Recon Package IMG_0731

Rears:
Jeep Wrangler JL More flex out of Rubi w. Xtreme Recon Package IMG_0697

Jeep Wrangler JL More flex out of Rubi w. Xtreme Recon Package IMG_0699