3.0 Fuses

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
The fuses are only partially seated . . . meaning they can lose contact under some circumstances. Loose connections raise resistance considerably and can lead to arcing. Error codes get thrown and actual damage could result.

Last edited:

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Zero loose fuses on my 2021. To be honest, I’ve never heard of an unseated fuse still working. It seems like an unseated fuse would act like a blown fuse - in other words, not work.

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
While not a universal problem, too many people on this board have verified this issue to be a real problem. Some have only discovered the problem due to error codes that resulted in parts being replaced.

Because of reports that I read on this forum, I had my Wrangler inspected by my dealer before I took delivery, and was told that several fuses on my vehicle were not properly seated. My dealer actually THANKED me for bringing this to their attention and told me they would check all incoming Wranglers for this condition.

Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Zero loose fuses on my 2021. To be honest, I’ve never heard of an unseated fuse still working. It seems like an unseated fuse would act like a blown fuse - in other words, not work.
Horrible comparison incoming. I look at it like the old rabbit ear antenna's, if they aren't placed just perfect the signal gets screwy, or maybe doesn't work at all. Tons of things on these new rigs have to see that perfect amount of resistance or whatever (not much of an electrical guy, so....).

DrRay81

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
my friend and i both picked up our 2021 Rubicon diesels, both built within a few days of each other in early september. we both had almost 80% of our fuses that were not completely seated.

PLJLUR2021

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, Billet Silver, tow, safety options
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer (ret)
Only the fuses necessary to drive the vehicle on and off the transporter are engaged at the factory. This reduces parasitic drain on the battery during shipping. The dealer will normally get all the fuses pushed into place, but when customers arrive so quickly (thanks to internet tracking/JIT,) the dealership may not have enough time to do it yet.

Slow yourself down and check your fuses right there, it only takes a minute!

Last edited:

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Only the fuses necessary to drive the vehicle on and off the transporter are engaged. This reduces parasitic drain on the battery during shipping. The dealer will normally get all the fuses pushed into place, but when customers arrive so quickly (thanks to internet tracking/JIT,) the dealership may not have enough time to do it yet.

This was most definitely not the case with mine. No one touched the rig from the time it was unloaded to the time I put it on another trailer from its parking spot where it was unloaded. That said, it also went through 44 miles of QC testing in Toledo because it was one of the first 5 customer 3.0s down the line so they would have seated every fuse.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Only the fuses necessary to drive the vehicle on and off the transporter are engaged at the factory. This reduces parasitic drain on the battery during shipping. The dealer will normally get all the fuses pushed into place, but when customers arrive so quickly (thanks to internet tracking/JIT,) the dealership may not have enough time to do it yet.

Interesting. Hadn't heard that one before.

StuartR

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea what these are can't find in manual

IMG_20200709_161241.jpg

IMG_20200709_161236.jpg
WTH is that. Doesn’t even look like a Diesel engine bay. Have never seen anything like that in my 2020 JLUSD.

That doesn’t appear to be the intake for. diesel since ours is on the driver side and that appears to be on the passenger side....
Sponsored