3.0 diesel order tracking thread

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Are the steel bumpers causing delays still? I know over last summer there was a shortage and gladiators couldn’t even be ordered with them.
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Are the steel bumpers causing delays still? I know over last summer there was a shortage and gladiators couldn’t even be ordered with them.
Not that it necessarily speaks to overall availability, but sheddman got the first 3.0 delivered and had steel bumpers.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I would hope it’s cleared up by now, but you never know. Guess I’ll find out soon enough.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
I ordered on 10/12/19. According to my dealership, it'll be at the train yard on 2/14/20. However, when I try to look up the VIN in the order tracker, build status and window sticker still show "not found." Not sure what the deal is with that. I'm a patient soul, I generally don't get to fussy about stuff. But 4 months is a long production and delivery time, even for a vehicle. If they weren't ready to manufacture and deliver, they should have delayed the order to option, IMO. Otherwise, it's just a tease.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I ordered on 10/12/19. According to my dealership, it'll be at the train yard on 2/14/20. However, when I try to look up the VIN in the order tracker, build status and window sticker still show "not found." Not sure what the deal is with that. I'm a patient soul, I generally don't get to fussy about stuff. But 4 months is a long production and delivery time, even for a vehicle. If they weren't ready to manufacture and deliver, they should have delayed the order to option, IMO. Otherwise, it's just a tease.
I suspect that early order process was calculated and intended to gauge demand. They could care less how ridiculous it is to take orders for a vehicle 3 months before production begins.

Sponsored

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
I had mine go to "F-Paint" today. Ordered January 20th in Canada.
Hey Casey250, I've been watching some of your videos! Head over to the Start of 3.0 production thread. We have been updating a spread sheet where some of us have been waiting for 4 months. Mine 3.0 was ordered on 10/9/2020

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got off the phone with my dealership (2/17/20)...

I ordered 10/12/19. My sales rep said my JLU EcoDiesel was supposed to arrive at the train yard last week, but found out that it hasn't even shipped due to a recall. She didn't have any details about the recall - so I have no idea if it affects all Wranglers or just a certain subset. I'm wondering if it's something specific to the diesels.

Anyone hear anything similar?

Rubbin

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I ordered my 3.0 JLU Sting Grey fully loaded on 12/15/19, and called the dealer to check status today. They informed me it was D-1 with a screenshot, and I am wondering how long was your experience going from D-1 to the dealership or your current stage?

I found this as a good reference but does not provide a realistic timeline.
https://www.jeepfan.com/tech/chrysler-jeep-vehicle-order-codes/

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I cancelled my order yesterday. I placed the order 10/12/19. Over four months, and nothing. Other dealerships in my area have already received and sold a dozen or more diesels. I placed a new order with another dealership. I realize I just reset the clock - but I'm not going to send my money to a dealership who won't take the time to keep me informed, at least a little bit.

So incredibly disappointing.

Sponsored

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XXXXXX 2020 JL Rubicon 3.6
I just got off the phone with my dealership (2/17/20)...

I ordered 10/12/19. My sales rep said my JLU EcoDiesel was supposed to arrive at the train yard last week, but found out that it hasn't even shipped due to a recall. She didn't have any details about the recall - so I have no idea if it affects all Wranglers or just a certain subset. I'm wondering if it's something specific to the diesels.

Anyone hear anything similar?
My dealer told me the diesels are not shipping. My order is now cancelled. My new 3.6 will get picked up Sat.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I ordered my 3.0 JLU Sting Grey fully loaded on 12/15/19, and called the dealer to check status today. They informed me it was D-1 with a screenshot, and I am wondering how long was your experience going from D-1 to the dealership or your current stage?

I found this as a good reference but does not provide a realistic timeline.
https://www.jeepfan.com/tech/chrysler-jeep-vehicle-order-codes/
There is no way to answer your question. It’s all the luck of the draw. Some with diesels on order were in D1 for 60 days and others who ordered long after were built before them. Then you have to get through I, JB, JS, etc. I ordered a 19 2 door Rubi and it was in I for over 2 months, so there is just no way of knowing.

Rubbin

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
There is no way to answer your question. It’s all the luck of the draw. Some with diesels on order were in D1 for 60 days and others who ordered long after were built before them. Then you have to get through I, JB, JS, etc. I ordered a 19 2 door Rubi and it was in I for over 2 months, so there is just no way of knowing.
I ordered my EcoDiesel from South Country Dodge/Jeep in Gilroy, CA, and I was having a difficult time getting updates. I felt something was not right, so I called a friend who knew a manager workthere to find out the dealership filled bankruptcy and closed there doors. There goes a few months down the drain.

It was hard finding a deal around the Bay Area since they were aware of the situation, or wouldn’t budge on the price.

A few weeks later browsing through the forums I found a map to locate deals. The highest deal near me was in Idaho, as I got 7% off invoice. I placed the order on March 30th and 5 days later I have a Vin and status D1. Expected date of delivery April 22nd. I understand I took a risk with the COVID-19 impacting the Mfg shutdown, but I wanted to have the build in que.

If anyone is interested or also went through what I did, I highly recommend contacting Kent from Pearson Dodge/ Chrysler great service and price. Mention my name Vince and he’ll take good care of you. (208) 741-1289

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I ordered my EcoDiesel from South Country Dodge/Jeep in Gilroy, CA, and I was having a difficult time getting updates. I felt something was not right, so I called a friend who knew a manager workthere to find out the dealership filled bankruptcy and closed there doors. There goes a few months down the drain.

It was hard finding a deal around the Bay Area since they were aware of the situation, or wouldn’t budge on the price.

A few weeks later browsing through the forums I found a map to locate deals. The highest deal near me was in Idaho, as I got 7% off invoice. I placed the order on March 30th and 5 days later I have a Vin and status D1. Expected date of delivery April 22nd. I understand I took a risk with the COVID-19 impacting the Mfg shutdown, but I wanted to have the build in que.

If anyone is interested or also went through what I did, I highly recommend contacting Kent from Pearson Dodge/ Chrysler great service and price. Mention my name Vince and he’ll take good care of you. (208) 741-1289
Isn't the Toledo production plant closed?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't the Toledo production plant closed?
Last week the UAW president said FCA plants were not opening yet as had previously been planned. They might of started taking orders assuming they were going to open this week but I wouldn't hold my breath that it is going into production on April 22nd like Rubbin thinks.
Sponsored