21 JL first outing, what did i do wrong?

Bubalooie

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ram longhorn 3500 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Pipeline Inspector
In all seriousness - you just bought a $50K + vehicle. For what you're doing, you've basically just turned it into a toy that you're playing with and not knowing what's going on.

Sit down, read the manual. Then read it again. If you have a specific question after or during reading the manual then either look it up on YouTube or ask it here.

I'm all for helping people out, but I shake my head at people who pay all this money and then just start pressing buttons and pulling levers.
Lighten up dude. He didn't ask you to pay damages for him, and you don't have to read the thread. I think you're short on hugs.

entropy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Scientist
ok thanks, yea i would never do it on pavement. I was actually in some fairly rocky steep terrain.
I was just surprised i couldn't stop.
I can assure you 100% you dont need to turn those lockers. I dont have lockers in my jeep and I've done way more than "fairly steep and rocky terrain".

Your mistake was to turn on your toys too soon. You need to learn how to drive offroad before you use your lockers. Get used to 4High before you use 4lo. Learn how BLD works before you use the lockers, you might find out youll never need lockers. Maybe youll get stuck oneday and lockers pull you out, then youll truly understand when you actually need lockers.

Enjoy your Jeep!

Advertisement

Allmoparparts.com

Advertisement