Thoughts with first JLUR outing in Moab

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
After a couple of months, finally made it down to Moab and ran Hell’s Revengr and Fins ‘N Things. I have a JLUR with 35’ KO2 & Mopar 2” lift (that are “bowing too much” according to dealer - patiently waiting)
+ As trail capable as ever. Felt like driving a luxury vehicle over the obstacles compared to my ‘09 JKUR (that my daughter now drives)
+ Off road pages in cluster are great. Love to see the angles when I feel tippy and know I am ok. Peaked at 35 degrees going up a fun and 22 degrees on a pucker side hill.
+ Lockers in and out repeatedly and worked awesome
+ love the metal bumpers. Only one scrape on front bumper and one on rear bumper, both could have been avoided with a better line

- The soft top still “hops up and down a bit” even when locked down on a bumpy trail. I worry it will cause abrasion marks. I am going to find a better way to strap it down tight.
- Tore the dust cover off the driveline going up one section
- Like others have said, small rocks wedged in by fenders.

“rush hour traffic” ahead of me. A good day.

CDE35CA9-AABC-4CC7-ADE4-42DCBF85E960.jpeg

272CC4D2-92A8-4DE1-9624-03421E3BDFA9.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
szobell

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
SZobell,

Thanks for taking the time to write a nice report. Did you have any rubbing with your 35s on stock wheels? We ran Hells Revenge last spring with a rental RZR, those things are FUN!

Randy
No rubbing at all. I mashed the suspension on several steps with no issues at all.

Tomorrow: Elephant Hill is on the agenda

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Awesome to see these things utilized as the jeep gods intended. Been to Moab several times as a Utah resident, yet have elusively never offroaded there. My JL will experience it.

Enjoy the trails. As expected, a Wrangler Rubicon on 35's eat them for breakfast.

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
After a couple of months, finally made it down to Moab and ran Hell’s Revengr and Fins ‘N Things. I have a JLUR with 35’ KO2 & Mopar 2” lift (that are “bowing too much” according to dealer - patiently waiting)
+ As trail capable as ever. Felt like driving a luxury vehicle over the obstacles compared to my ‘09 JKUR (that my daughter now drives)
+ Off road pages in cluster are great. Love to see the angles when I feel tippy and know I am ok. Peaked at 35 degrees going up a fun and 22 degrees on a pucker side hill.
+ Lockers in and out repeatedly and worked awesome
+ love the metal bumpers. Only one scrape on front bumper and one on rear bumper, both could have been avoided with a better line

- The soft top still “hops up and down a bit” even when locked down on a bumpy trail. I worry it will cause abrasion marks. I am going to find a better way to strap it down tight.
- Tore the dust cover off the driveline going up one section
- Like others have said, small rocks wedged in by fenders.

“rush hour traffic” ahead of me. A good day.

CDE35CA9-AABC-4CC7-ADE4-42DCBF85E960.jpeg

272CC4D2-92A8-4DE1-9624-03421E3BDFA9.jpeg
I like your write up. It was straight to the point with detailed info. Keep the updates coming. Enjoy.

OP
OP
szobell

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Ran Elephant Hill today. A few more thoughts:

+ It is an amazing monster. Nothing on the trail even phased it.
+ handles great “sand running” down ruts pretty fast
+ It fits (barely) through Devils Pocket - no paint removed or added to the rocks on the drivers side like many others have
+ Single handedly held back large boulder

- @JeepCares - please have your product management find a fix for the wiring harness with the top down. I moved it from the poor (factory) location where it would damage the soft top while bouncing on trails. If I hadn’t moved it, I am confident I’d have scratches (if not worse) on the premium top.

9017A29F-DF12-4D08-8B8B-9AB4170C80F8.jpeg

DF9F37A5-E9D0-441A-9236-F09885A2EAA2.jpeg

4FB33BD3-0F9F-4116-9BA9-2BEB5E95DAAA.jpeg

Sponsored

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Great pics and write-up. Thanks for sharing.

For the top bouncing, have you tried disconnecting it from the rails so it sits more like a JK soft top? See pic. My JL is still on order so I am curious about this also.

5359BB8A-BE0D-46BF-924B-D225C64CC90C.jpg

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Great writeup--[ooks just like we expected--thanx

Now on the "LAYED BACK" SOFT TOP--you can't removeit, because you're in a travelto place, but--why can't you either "BUNGEE CORD/RATCHET STRAP" the top down--

PITA, you bet, that's what it should be, you won't be doing it that much and it will save wiring/wear/harness problems--

Don't worry to much about a "QUICK/EASY FIX"--enjoy

JIMBO

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase