2023 Waiting/Venting Room

Jared1956

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 1964 CJ3B 1967 CJ5
Anyone know when/if they’ve began spraying Punk’n? I’m hoping my Jeep doesn’t arrive until after the new year since we have to pay personal property tax here in Missouri on anything we own Jan 1. I wouldn’t have ordered until Jan, but was afraid Punk’n would disappear, so I gambled. Here’s to hoping mine gets delayed like some of the others…..
Sponsored

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Anyone know when/if they’ve began spraying Punk’n? I’m hoping my Jeep doesn’t arrive until after the new year since we have to pay personal property tax here in Missouri on anything we own Jan 1. I wouldn’t have ordered until Jan, but was afraid Punk’n would disappear, so I gambled. Here’s to hoping mine gets delayed like some of the others…..
Honestly, witch current lead times there's a good chance you should be okay. Just a thought though, why not arrange with your dealer to simply not pick it up until Jan 2, even if it comes early? I know dealers often just hold vehicles for people who are gonna be out of state/country when their order arrives.

BaconKittens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 JLR
I got that code after sitting for 50+ days with zero movement, 11 days later it went into production. Hopefully the same thing happens for others waiting.
Interesting! My dealers giving me a 'ship date' of '10/14'...maybe jeep really means 11/14.

Im really hoping this is my month.

Jared1956

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 1964 CJ3B 1967 CJ5
Honestly, witch current lead times there's a good chance you should be okay. Just a thought though, why not arrange with your dealer to simply not pick it up until Jan 2, even if it comes early? I know dealers often just hold vehicles for people who are gonna be out of state/country when their order arrives.
That’s the arrangement if it arrives mid December or later. However, in the past, 5 weeks was the norm (pre-pandemic) and I’ve seen them arrive in as little as 10 days if the factory happened to be producing a dealer stock unit with the exact same options as your custom order. They just give you the Jeeps vin as yours and ship it. Now obviously that isn’t happening right now with base sports being restricted from dealer ordering, but the market is slowing dramatically and my luck the stars will align to give me a Jeep December 5th. My dealer would keep it for me, but I’m way to particular to let one sit on the lot and rot for 30 days when all of my stuff is garaged.

Hoping they won’t even begin spraying Punk’n until mid to end of December, and mine won’t arrive until end of February….but….I expect that’s wishful thinking.

Sponsored

Dallas911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2023 392XR
Today marks 100 days since I ordered! I got a lovely email from jeep tracker letting me know they found another code.

'New Codes: 4XV
These are likley just sales codes. Don't mean much but the app detected the change.'

Lucky me!
I got the same message. I think it just means they are Fk'ing with us. There's a group of people at Jeep production planning reading this right now and laughing. They're sharing it next with the engineers that won't fix the paint bubbling door hinges.

crazyp

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I ordered my 2dr rubicon on 9/2. Still in d status according to dealer. My brother ordered his Willy’s gladiator like 2 weeks ago just found out today his is at d1 already:angry:

iam4usee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep GC Summit (WL)- Two-tone (Ember Pearl)
Day 150. Still in D. It's been 5 months since I ordered and I'm beginning to think that my dealer is actually a Nigerian Prince. "Just send me $1,000 and I will order exactly what you want!"
I was where you were a few weeks ago. My Jeep will be at the dealer within the next few days. Trust me, it gets better, but I honestly get your frustrations.

SoCalDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
I was at a local Jeep dealer today, and was shocked to see the crazy mark ups and ridiculously priced add-ons on their Jeeps. 10k mark up on a pretty loaded Xtreme Recon, and 30k mark up on a 392. Ouch!

Hoping that will make the wait a tiny bit easier for those of us that are paying under invoice…
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Waiting/Venting Room FD440363-0959-4102-A514-05FCC97F25A4
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Waiting/Venting Room A763EA06-0BE3-4549-BAC7-FBA4336413A9

Sponsored

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
If/When my Jeep actually arrives, I'll have to step aside as Grand Poobah around here... I'm thinking maybe a triumvirate should take my place:

Dallas911
Grantpa
M_Pluto

What say you?

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I was at a local Jeep dealer today, and was shocked to see the crazy mark ups and ridiculously priced add-ons on their Jeeps. 10k mark up on a pretty loaded Xtreme Recon, and 30k mark up on a 392. Ouch!

Hoping that will make the wait a tiny bit easier for those of us that are paying under invoice…
JEEBUS!!! 30K markup plus all the useless "extras" that nobody asked for... Highway friggin' robbery...

ashegam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2DR Willys Sports
JEEBUS!!! 30K markup plus all the useless "extras" that nobody asked for... Highway friggin' robbery...
Not highway robbery until it gets sold. Even then, would you question the dealers audacity or the sanity of the individual who paid that much for it? I know which one I'd question.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Not highway robbery until it gets sold. Even then, would you question the dealers audacity or the sanity of the individual who paid that much for it? I know which one I'd question.
The dealer's audacity... then the buyer's stupidity... in that order.

BaconKittens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 JLR
Seeing 2 doors who ordered after me take delivery of their jeep makes me want to walk away from my order. This is total fucking bullshit.
Sponsored