Sponsored

2023 Waiting/Venting Room

Grantpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara High Altitude
I know I’m a step past most of you because mine is at the dealership but I really need to vent about how slow this dealer is to get one freaking form that I need for the bank so I can get a check to pick up my Jeep.
Still ok to Vent! :)
Sponsored

Budshd

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon w/Extreme Pkg, 2019 911 Turbo S
They are holding it for the two weeks. I asked to take it home and come back for the bumper swap out, but they said I could not do that. They would only release it if I agreed to take it dented or let them fix it. I had a similar problem with my wife's truck we bought last year the rear bumper was dented all over. They allowed me to take the vehicle and return it when the new bumper came in. Jeep said they will not do that. It plays with your emotions not taking it home.
We would always order a part, for something like this, and then replace it when the part came in. But I only worked at a dealership for 35 years. What do I know?

Northernlites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
Our wait was less than expected. Picked up our Sport Altitude today. Ordered it October 15th. Our saleman said the last time an ordered vehicle came in so quickly at their dealership was 2 years ago. Certainly a blast to drive🙂.

9C7149DD-CF20-4A04-BFBC-454EAD67A261.jpeg

69111C43-A099-4EF7-B7B9-684DB86287FF.jpeg

9DDCF565-FD7C-43D0-BC15-AB3EC0FEF9F3.jpeg

PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler
Our wait was less than expected. Picked up our Sport Altitude today. Ordered it October 15th. Our saleman said the last time an ordered vehicle came in so quickly at their dealership was 2 years ago. Certainly a blast to drive🙂.

9C7149DD-CF20-4A04-BFBC-454EAD67A261.jpeg

69111C43-A099-4EF7-B7B9-684DB86287FF.jpeg

9DDCF565-FD7C-43D0-BC15-AB3EC0FEF9F3.jpeg
Man, the worst thing about the Venting thread is when people drop in to rub it in…

Northernlites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
Man, the worst thing about the Venting thread is when people drop in to rub it in…
We had an expected delivery date towards the end of December, beginning of January. Just goes to show anything unexpected can happen at anytime.

Sponsored

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
After 62 days since VON and 46 days at D, I am considering forfeiting my $1k and holding out for another couple of months for the 20th JLUR.

Anyone else? That flat metallic silver is SICK!

IntegraRC

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Waiting/Venting Room 9DDCF565-FD7C-43D0-BC15-AB3EC0FEF9F3

You son of a….

congrats :swear:

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I find it interesting that the pizza tracker has quietly eliminated the final part of the tracker: "Delivered". It now ends with "Shipped". It makes sense, I guess, since that's the part of the process entirely out of Jeep's control. But it also eliminates a data point for trying to guesstimate how long it takes for a Jeep to make it from Toledo. And the cynical side of me wonders if they know something we don't know about potential future delivery problems...

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

I know I’m a step past most of you because mine is at the dealership but I really need to vent about how slow this dealer is to get one freaking form that I need for the bank so I can get a check to pick up my Jeep.
I don't understand how it takes so damn ling to pick up a vehicle. I had everything I needed already had check from CU and my down payment. Had an appointment to pick it up and it still took 2 damn hours to get out the dealership.

When I picked up my Tesla it was literally 2 signatures and off the lot 20 minutes after we walked in.

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ Rubi, 2012 JK Rubi, 2023 JLU Rubi
my Jeep was scheduled to arrive on the 18th. So I get airfare and a hotel room arranged. Then, they changed the arrival date to the 14th. Okay, we’re still okay…it’sa bummer to have to wait a little longer than needed, but no harm done.

today, they changed the arrival date to November 23. Not only does this make my airfare useless, it’s the day before thanksgiving!

WTH? How do they NOT know when my car will arrive? I can order a charger cable from China and know exactly when it will arrive. But an automobile being shipped from Ohio? That’s unknowable for some reason?

Sponsored

Ellebelle

First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevy volt
I don't understand how it takes so damn ling to pick up a vehicle. I had everything I needed already had check from CU and my down payment. Had an appointment to pick it up and it still took 2 damn hours to get out the dealership.

When I picked up my Tesla it was literally 2 signatures and off the lot 20 minutes after we walked in.
We’re picking it up tomorrow. All the paperwork is done except me handing them the check. All they need to do is transfer the plate and throw a inspection sticker on it. I’m preparing for another 2 hour visit.

Dallas911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2023 392XR
Day 96. I have a VON and VIN. A big, beautiful VIN. But no D1.

Day 150. Still in D. It's been 5 months since I ordered and I'm beginning to think that my dealer is actually a Nigerian Prince. "Just send me $1,000 and I will order exactly what you want!"

BaconKittens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 JLR
Today marks 100 days since I ordered! I got a lovely email from jeep tracker letting me know they found another code.

'New Codes: 4XV
These are likley just sales codes. Don't mean much but the app detected the change.'

Lucky me!

Ironjaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I find it interesting that the pizza tracker has quietly eliminated the final part of the tracker: "Delivered". It now ends with "Shipped". It makes sense, I guess, since that's the part of the process entirely out of Jeep's control. But it also eliminates a data point for trying to guesstimate how long it takes for a Jeep to make it from Toledo. And the cynical side of me wonders if they know something we don't know about potential future delivery problems...
Maybe they realized the tracker is pretty much worthless after it is built. Mine showed built on the tracker for 2 weeks with zero movement or changes until it showed up at the dealer yesterday, now today I get a email from Jeep saying it shipped 🤣.

Ironjaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Today marks 100 days since I ordered! I got a lovely email from jeep tracker letting me know they found another code.

'New Codes: 4XV
These are likley just sales codes. Don't mean much but the app detected the change.'

Lucky me!
I got that code after sitting for 50+ days with zero movement, 11 days later it went into production. Hopefully the same thing happens for others waiting.
Sponsored