Sponsored

2023 Waiting/Venting Room

Dallas911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2023 392XR
If/When my Jeep actually arrives, I'll have to step aside as Grand Poobah around here... I'm thinking maybe a triumvirate should take my place:

Dallas911
Grantpa
M_Pluto

What say you?
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Waiting/Venting Room Jeep Scream

Me outside of Gupton Motors
Sponsored

JaxBeachJeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 but next is a Jeep, had a 94 in college
my Jeep was scheduled to arrive on the 18th. So I get airfare and a hotel room arranged. Then, they changed the arrival date to the 14th. Okay, we’re still okay…it’sa bummer to have to wait a little longer than needed, but no harm done.

today, they changed the arrival date to November 23. Not only does this make my airfare useless, it’s the day before thanksgiving!

WTH? How do they NOT know when my car will arrive? I can order a charger cable from China and know exactly when it will arrive. But an automobile being shipped from Ohio? That’s unknowable for some reason?
Yeah I totally agree, mine was built and in KZ on 10/27 and showed a 11/11 delivery which seemed long but ok. Never showed shipped but still KZ and then yesterday 11/8 it updated delivery until 11/21. The dealer replied with a screenshot showing an event description of “gate out” on 11/8 and he said that means it’s green lighted for release to ship, I thought KZ meant built and released? Now his eta shows 11/7-11/21, not going to kill me but almost sold my car yesterday with their terrible estimates.

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ Rubi, 2012 JK Rubi, 2023 JLU Rubi
Yeah I totally agree, mine was built and in KZ on 10/27 and showed a 11/11 delivery which seemed long but ok. Never showed shipped but still KZ and then yesterday 11/8 it updated delivery until 11/21. The dealer replied with a screenshot showing an event description of “gate out” on 11/8 and he said that means it’s green lighted for release to ship, I thought KZ meant built and released? Now his eta shows 11/7-11/21, not going to kill me but almost sold my car yesterday with their terrible estimates.
Ha Ha. Mine arrived yesterday! Weird that they didn't know it was about to show up?!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Waiting/Venting Room imagejpeg_0
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Waiting/Venting Room 20221107_172506
Jeep Wrangler JL 2023 Waiting/Venting Room 20221107_172554

JaxBeachJeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha Ha. Mine arrived yesterday! Weird that they didn't know it was about to show up?!

That is insane that a business that large can operate that way. So you get to keep original airfare to pick it up?

Sponsored

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ Rubi, 2012 JK Rubi, 2023 JLU Rubi
That is insane that a business that large can operate that way. So you get to keep original airfare to pick it up?
Yeah. I tried to bump my flight to this weekend, but between the increased price of airfare, and the unavailability of my son, I decided to stick with my plan to travel on the 19th.

I've really been looking forward to the road trip with my adult son. You can't beat Phoenix to Salt Lake City. We're gonna go to Grand Canyon, Bryce, and Zions on the way back.

JaxBeachJeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. I tried to bump my flight to this weekend, but between the increased price of airfare, and the unavailability of my son, I decided to stick with my plan to travel on the 19th.

I've really been looking forward to the road trip with my adult son. You can't beat Phoenix to Salt Lake City. We're gonna go to Grand Canyon, Bryce, and Zions on the way back.
Yeah that sounds like a great road trip to break in the Jeep. When I had a delivery date of 11/11 I was planning to fly up to pick mine up from 11/18-11/21 and then drive back. Glad I didn’t book it as I really don’t have much confidence at this point until the dealer sends me a pic of it I’m their shop.

stojanowski

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, JK
49 days in production and still nothing.... Dealer can only tell me that it's in production still

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Asked my guy at the dealer to send me an updated copy of my build sheet with the estimated ship date on it back on Monday. He hasn't replied. Basically I wanna see if I'm in D or D1 on the sheet. dude is so green he doesn't even know the difference between the two.

Sponsored

PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler
Seeing 2 doors who ordered after me take delivery of their jeep makes me want to walk away from my order. This is total fucking bullshit.
I reached out to the support chat on jeep, asking if they would help look into my order. My dealers site says they take 4-12 weeks to order and arrive, but I’m at 12 without build (as are you)… I was all excited when they said they’d look into what went wrong and get back within 48hrs. 48hrs later arrived and they email me basically saying “yes it is the waiting to schedule, go use the pizza tracker”

Grantpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara High Altitude
Asked my guy at the dealer to send me an updated copy of my build sheet with the estimated ship date on it back on Monday. He hasn't replied. Basically I wanna see if I'm in D or D1 on the sheet. dude is so green he doesn't even know the difference between the two.
How long has it been now Pluto?

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
How long has it been now Pluto?
As of today, it’s been 99 days since I placed my order; 57 since I got my vin (which is exactly 6 weeks after I made my order).

I currently have an estimated ship date of December 2, but I know Jeep well enough by now to be skeptical of it. I’ll be bugging my guy for more regular updates as the time grows closer to that date.

Just did some napkin math, and if my est. ship date stays true, it will make it 123 days from Order to Built status. I have a feeling though I will easily hit 150 days somehow before I can take delivery.

Edit: I wanna add that as much as I complain, I knew I would be in for a long wait, as my order is a Canadian order and domestic orders are prioritized over foreign orders for whatever reason.

Last edited:

BaconKittens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 JLR
I reached out to the support chat on jeep, asking if they would help look into my order. My dealers site says they take 4-12 weeks to order and arrive, but I’m at 12 without build (as are you)… I was all excited when they said they’d look into what went wrong and get back within 48hrs. 48hrs later arrived and they email me basically saying “yes it is the waiting to schedule, go use the pizza tracker”

Yeah, based on stories I've read on the forum, I'm not going to even bother with jeep chat. I'm just so disappointed in this whole experience.

I'm pissed with how many miles I continue to put on my other jeep. Its whole intention was to be a weekend fun vehicle but then my brother needed a car, so I gave up my daily driver (a little mazda 3. I fucking loved that car) and now my jeep is my daily driver. 40+ miles a day adds up. Once I get my new jeep, my 4 door will be parked and used as it was intended - for fun weekend trips off-roading and when we need a little bit more space to bring a large purchase home.

This 2 door is going to be my new daily. I'm just hoping it gets here before the snow starts falling. We have 35'' M/T tires on the 2020 and we put them on in April so I have no idea how they're going to do in the snow. They're not great in the rain, but they're beast when we take it off road.

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
THIS Is what is killing Jeep Cares. No information, no caring, no way forward yet the numbers make absolutely no sense.
Sponsored