Sponsored

2023 Rubicon 392 question

hukaris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Hi All,

I've been thinking about a for a while 392. Recently, I've heard they are getting discontinued. I have a 2020 JL rubion and wondering trade in for a 392 or as standalone buy.

I've been offered a fully loaded with XR/dual door and sky one touch power roof at MSRP. Are they becoming rare and collectible?

Any thoughts about what their going price and desriablity in long run?

Thanks all.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Hi All,

I've been thinking about a for a while 392. Recently, I've heard they are getting discontinued. I have a 2020 JL rubion and wondering trade in for a 392 or as standalone buy.

I've been offered a fully loaded with XR/dual door and sky one touch power roof at MSRP. Are they becoming rare and collectible?

Any thoughts about what their going price and desriablity in long run?

Thanks all.
My personal opinion is given the market and interest rates you should be able to pay under MSRP even off the floor for the 392 (or order from a volume dealer if banks are still open and get ~10% under). That said, with a trade, it's a bit more complicated, and it really depends on the trade value you're getting. Extremely difficult to sell vehicles right now.

No one knows when they will discontinue them, but given where everything is going -- it'll be the last and only Hemi in a Wrangler from the factory. My guess is it'll end up similar to how the Terminators were value wise for the Mustang. I.e., keep mileage pretty low over time and it'll do well as far as value retention, but it won't sell for over MSRP.

OP
OP

hukaris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much for the valuable info. They won't budge more down the MSRP. It seems XR package installed ones non negotiable under MSRP.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much for the valuable info. They won't budge more down the MSRP. It seems XR package installed ones non negotiable under MSRP.
I don't think you can get the XR package at the moment (someone else can verify if that's true or not, it's been a while), so that would explain it if true as the dealer would recognize it's rare/hard to get presently. But I still say they're tough to sell right now. Market is what it is. Probably depends more on your local market and how long they've had it, spec, etc.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Buying a 392 with the intent of it becoming “collectible” would be speculation at this point.

So far, 392 used prices have been strong, but these are weird times in the auto market.

Then there’s the added responsibility that, if you wanted it to hold its value, you’d have to refrain from driving it much or even modding it.

I think you are coming into this from the wrong angle. If you want one and can afford it, buy it and have fun with it. Whatever the market does or doesn’t do afterwards, it’s just the market doing its thing, irrespective of you enjoying it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

hukaris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much, I agree. I think I love the brutal power of the hemi. But I can't seem to find one with options I want and the ones they have in stock ask for over MSRP.

Buying a 392 with the intent of it becoming “collectible” would be speculation at this point.

So far, 392 used prices have been strong, but these are weird times in the auto market.

Then there’s the added responsibility that, if you wanted it to hold its value, you’d have to refrain from driving it much or even modding it.

I think you are coming into this from the wrong angle. If you want one and can afford it, buy it and have fun with it. Whatever the market does or doesn’t do afterwards, it’s just the market doing its thing, irrespective of you enjoying it.

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Think half doors have been on restriction for awhile from orders .So that Jeep will sell easy being xr with half’s

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Think half doors have been on restriction for awhile from orders .So that Jeep will sell easy being xr with half’s
Dual door group from factory is a good deal, agree. Can be a pain to source otherwise. Not impossible, but it's nice that it shows up on the original sticker/build. That's a plus if you ever go to sell it down the road, and is similar to how my XR is optioned.

The SOT might be a negative for some, though. But maybe not so much on a 392 as I think you're getting into territory where most people probably won't wheel them anyway.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
XR is harder to come by. What's the name of that dealer who has one? :)

Viking Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR. 2021 392 Wrangler.
An XR 392 at MSRP is a pretty good deal off the lot right now. As has been said, they cant be ordered. Its as expensive as it gets though with all 3 of the highest cost options, XR, half doors, SOT. The list MSRP of a 23 392 is about 9K more than my 21 equipped the very same way.

Sponsored

mini4mw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392
I've been looking for one for a month or so and just put a deposit down this AM. XR at MSRP, but non-neg was some dealer add ons, which IMO is an ADM. This model has everything I wanted except a camera and wasn't the first choice in color, however when it comes to XRs, its slim pickings. I've been searching in a 300 mile radius. There are plenty of non XR which you can most likely negotiate for, but unsold XRs were usually asking 5k ADM.

I think there may be more coming up due to markets and interest rates. However, no one can predict the future and a bird in hand is better than two in a bush.

If it is what you want and close to MSRP, I'd do it.

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
I have one on order…..I fully expect them to discontinue it this year by the way they are slow rolling current orders, seemingly trying to build as few as possible.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
It's a california dealership :) Are you going to beat me to it? :D
LOL, too far away. Good luck OP. I recently got to drive a buddies 392 XR and yes, now I want one.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
It's a california dealership :) Are you going to beat me to it? :D
He might— XR presently unavailable, when and if it will be? Options now come and go, if it has what you want go for it. You could get a lower price IF you could order Now, you can’t. Price will continue to increase while waiting for the XR pkg (IF) to order, my 21 build now $11,240 higher. I do expect another year production for announcement at the beginning of the model year allowing for high profit, high markup “ Last Call, Final Editions” per Challenger/Charger as mentioned. Edit- V8 recently quietly dropped from 2 row GC so you never know.
Sponsored

Last edited: