First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I’m sorry if this has been answered already. From my research here it looks like new year models hit the dealers between august and October. That’s great. Here’s what I want to know.

What’s the earliest/common time frame new model year changes/updates are released to the press? May? June?

Im in the market for a new car and would like to know if there’s anything major coming like U Connect 5. If so, I can wait another 6 months from today. If not, I may just buy something now. Thanks!
Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Im curious about the same, Uconnect5 would make me wait. Im also interested in Gecko

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
I’m sorry if this has been answered already. From my research here it looks like new year models hit the dealers between august and October. That’s great. Here’s what I want to know.

What’s the earliest/common time frame new model year changes/updates are released to the press? May? June?

Im in the market for a new car and would like to know if there’s anything major coming like U Connect 5. If so, I can wait another 6 months from today. If not, I may just buy something now. Thanks!
I'm in the same boat. I need a car now but would wait if I had any assurance that the 2022 manual will have an upgraded clutch. I jwon't buy one today knowing that the recall fix is a software flash that re-tunes (some say de-tunes) the transmission vs. replacing the pressure plate with a quality part.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
From the silence and replies on this thread my guess is that no one really knows. Our best bet is to just look at Google and see previous year news article release dates and that should give us an estimate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
The 2021 Order guide has an initial 6/4/2020 date.
Thank you for that!! Out of curiosity where do you retrieve that when it’s released. There website?

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I know this could just be a theory but I took it from this website. Do you think these options are actually probable?

What are the 2022 Jeep Wrangler changes?
According to the sources, the 2022 Jeep Wrangler gets the following highlights that we can expect in the production model:

• Rubicon rock rails, steel bumpers with a Warn winch, and a steel belly pan
  • Tru-Lok electric front- and rear-axle locking differentials and 37-inch mud-terrain tires that wrap around custom 17-inch Beadlock wheels
  • A factory Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit and 37-inch tires combine to improve articulation
  • 8-speed automatic transmission and a 3.73 gear ratio

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Thank you for that!! Out of curiosity where do you retrieve that when it’s released. There website?
It shows up on this forum a week or two later. I am not sure of the source.

I know this could just be a theory but I took it from this website. Do you think these options are actually probable?

What are the 2022 Jeep Wrangler changes?
According to the sources, the 2022 Jeep Wrangler gets the following highlights that we can expect in the production model:

• Rubicon rock rails, steel bumpers with a Warn winch, and a steel belly pan
  • Tru-Lok electric front- and rear-axle locking differentials and 37-inch mud-terrain tires that wrap around custom 17-inch Beadlock wheels
  • A factory Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit and 37-inch tires combine to improve articulation
  • 8-speed automatic transmission and a 3.73 gear ratio
A lot of automobile prediction websites are notoriously bad at predictions. I highly doubt 37" tire will be available. Jeep doesn't even have 35" tires, which would be the next logical step up. The rest of options besides the winch are available in the Diesel, Rubicon or the 392 already. May be it will trick down. Given the trending of the price increases the last 4 months, it is likely Jeep will continue to raise the price.

I would expect a couple different colors, a price increase and some option variations. Maybe a new option, maybe a special model. The could also restrict options to higher selling models with semiconductor shortage. Some manufacturers are making much more of the higher level higher level vehicles to make up for lost sales.

dogbreath650

First Name
Bobo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubicon
Maybe I was wishfully dreaming about this - I thought I heard about a coming Rubicon option that while in lo-range would allow you to lock the inside rear wheel on a tight turn so you can kinda pivot around tight switchbacks without doing 6 point turns or whatever. Has anyone else dreamed or heard of this?

Sponsored

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Maybe I was wishfully dreaming about this - I thought I heard about a coming Rubicon option that while in lo-range would allow you to lock the inside rear wheel on a tight turn so you can kinda pivot around tight switchbacks without doing 6 point turns or whatever. Has anyone else dreamed or heard of this?
That will be nice on Black Bear pass coming down.

Bronco has this feature available, really hoping Jeep will add it too...

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
Just patiently waiting for 2022 announcements. Now what to do about not having a car in the meantime...
See, that is what pushed me to order a 2021 instead of a 2022. I wanted to enjoy my Jeep now and not wait until the 2022 models were available to order and then the wait to get it delivered. Plus, I am not sure the color I wanted (Snazzberry) would be available for 2022 models (but maybe another more desirable color could be available). I fear I will miss out on the Uconnect 5 but I decided having it now was better than having Uconnect 5.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
See, that is what pushed me to order a 2021 instead of a 2022. I wanted to enjoy my Jeep now and not wait until the 2022 models were available to order and then the wait to get it delivered. Plus, I am not sure the color I wanted (Snazzberry) would be available for 2022 models (but maybe another more desirable color could be available). I fear I will miss out on the Uconnect 5 but I decided having it now was better than having Uconnect 5.
Makes sense. We have a Jeep already so this would just be a second one.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
My experience is you can order a new model year Jeep around the 1st of July, so they would have new MY info before then.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I wouldnt be surprised if there were a few changes to compete with Bronco. It doesnt take many upgrades on the current JL to completely outperform the new bronco. Jeep would be foolish not to do so imo. But 37s as an options? I really doubt it. 37s destroy MPG and can cause a bunch of issues regarding safety. Then theres gearing, axles, suspension components.
Sponsored