2022 model year changes- 4xe

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I am not worried about someone stealing power ..... which would require quite the hack and not quite worth the effort unlike siphoning gas off a car lol. But I do worry that some goofball vandalizing the charging port that's all.
Some long term parking garages require non-locked charging. That way if a battery is full it can get moved to another car. It's a rare case example.

Most paid systems I suspect lock once the charger is removed.

Jeeps are open for gas tank and hood vandalism anyway. :)
Sponsored

REDSEAL199

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Highaltitude 4xe
Some long term parking garages require non-locked charging. That way if a battery is full it can get moved to another car. It's a rare case example.

Most paid systems I suspect lock once the charger is removed.

Jeeps are open for gas tank and hood vandalism anyway. :)
2021'S have locking gas door. Just motor vandals now.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
A fellow boarder posted that the charge port cover flips open every time he is at the carwash. So the demand for a locking mechanism for the cover makes sense. Something that can be actuated by flicking a button placed around the window buttons and the keys.

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
If you install a mini Tazer, the max regen setting is mostly sticky. It stays on about 80% of the time.

Took delivery today. So far after a couple trips our new 4xe's max regen has stayed on after selecting it the first trip. Maybe they've fixed it?

OP
OP

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
Took delivery today. So far after a couple trips our new 4xe's max regen has stayed on after selecting it the first trip. Maybe they've fixed it?
I'd heard that they were planning a firmware release for this sometime in the near future. Glad to hear they added this feature sooner than we'd anticipated.

OP
OP

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
It's SEP already and the 2022 order bookings open in about a month's time and yet there is no information on what new features the 2022 model year might bring with it. Has anyone heard or seen anything yet ?

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
It's SEP already and the 2022 order bookings open in about a month's time and yet there is no information on what new features the 2022 model year might bring with it. Has anyone heard or seen anything yet ?
Nope. Crickets..

CarelessRemorsefulGoldenretriever-size_restricted.gif

Sponsored

Jfk3674

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE Rubicon
Things I'd be interested in would be - wireless integration with Andriod Auto or CarPlay, an upgrade that allows the powertrain to squeeze more miles out of the powerpack for electric only mileage - 3-4 miles would be great.
It doesn’t have wireless CarPlay? Wtf. I had a Kia rental and it had it.

Chubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
To be fair there's still very few cars that support wireless carplay. Very few.

aronslusa

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I second this. Took delivery last week Wednesday, turned it on then and hasn’t turned off since.
did have two TSBs to complete before I could take it home though, and one was related to better function iirc, so maybe that did it?

Dan250378

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 530d
Coming soon .....in 2025 :) !
would like to see a bigger one already now at least for Europe to have about 10-15km more range. as with the present range there are no tax advantages anymore, at least in Germany it will be gone as you need to have min 60 km range on pure EV

Roobicon

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Question for you: does CarPlay/Android Auto work if you plug into the USB port on the center console? Had a 2020 Rubicon; no issues. Traded to a 2021 4xe Rubicon (insert eye roll) and the USB port in the center console disconnects randomly (every x minutes) when connected to CarPlay. You have to use the USB port in the dash to get it to stay connected.

Blindly hoping that whatever magic flash your Wrangler has that mine doesn’t has fixed that :)
Sponsored