2022 model year changes- 4xe

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
Post updated on 10/14/2021 with information on changes on the 2022 model year 4xe as received from the friendly guys at 4xe Fans and are as follows:

New info finally out for the 2022 ! Here's a few that I heard from Chris @ 4xe Fans -

(1) New color - Silver Zynith to replace Billet Silver
(2) Proximity Keyless entry will be part of the Tech group
(3) Sunrider softop is a factory option
(4) Doors Off mirrors - a factory option ( Yeah baby !)
(5) Altitude model will get new wheels
(6) All Saharas will get Blue tow hooks

XR package not available on the 4xe and no extended range and nothing about uConnect5.

-----------------------
Original post:

I just spoke to my dealer and he confirmed that the 2022 model will be orderable starting sometime in the first week of October and production will start on Dec 6th. That being said, has anyone heard about any changes coming in 2022 including price increases ? Jeep gave itself a mid-model year raise, so I hope any price increases will be modest 🤞!
Sponsored

Last edited:

shklog

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 4XE
hopefully no major changes so I wont do all these mods and then have to trade it in :fingerscrossed:

Subhoz

First Name
Subho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender
Things I'd be interested in would be - wireless integration with Andriod Auto or CarPlay, an upgrade that allows the powertrain to squeeze more miles out of the powerpack for electric only mileage - 3-4 miles would be great.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Things I'd be interested in would be - wireless integration with Andriod Auto or CarPlay,
FYI, you can do that with an aftermarket dongle for about $100.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Wishlist item: Heads Up Display. Please make this an option. I’m a little spoiled with the one GM/GMC uses. As a tall guy, it’s great not moving my eyes an entire foot down (and off the road entirely) just to check speed.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe

Sponsored

OP
OP

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
Wishlist item: Heads Up Display. Please make this an option. I’m a little spoiled with the one GM/GMC uses. As a tall guy, it’s great not moving my eyes an entire foot down (and off the road entirely) just to check speed.
A HUD would be nice !

Black96z

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE, Tesla Model S
Occupation
Machinist, Applications Engineer
Wireless Carplay will not come until the interior refresh, which might be for the '23 model year. The Wrangler had an interior refresh after 5 years in the JK and I think the TJ. They will have to put in a Uconnect 5 system for wireless Carplay, which would require a new center stack. I think that for '22 we will see a quarterly price increase, and only changes in available colors. Maybe some general changes for Wrangler, but nothing for 4XE particularly. Then I think there will be a technology refresh for '23 with the interior refresh. If anything for '22, they might add Offroad+ for the Rubicon.

Billet4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
Dash depth and windshield angle of the Wrangler aren't HUD friendly.
  • The upright nature of the windshield would make it really tough to cover 95th percentile range of eye ellipse position.
  • The projector would have to basically aim straight up to hit the windshield in the right area, but the reflected image wouldn't be viewable due to the whole angle of incidence equalling the angle of reflection. The optical characteristics of the windshield could be changed by the insertion of an "optical wedge", but increases the cost.
A simple test is to place your phone at the base of the windshield to see where the reflection appears. This gives you an idea of where the projector would have to be placed and what angle it would need to be oriented.

OP
OP

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
Adding to the wishlist - (1) Locked Charging port cover ( should open only by operating an actuator - electric or mechanical inside the vehicle or on the keys (2) Soft blue LED 4xe insignias (3) Gore Tex seats (4) a better trail camera (5) A better design for the charge level indicator.
Sponsored