First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
This doesn't answer my question. Can I get a 3.6 and automatic without the hybrid? I don't have anything against the hybrid. I just need the seats to fold flatter than they do with the battery box.
Yes. You will have to order it though.

OP
OP
Gaffer

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ / 2023 Sarah coming in the spring
It must be a delete. The build tool won't let you do it.

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
That was a thing actually. It may or may not have impacted Jeep, but there was a freeze in Texas earlier this year that impacted production of plastic/polymers. It was stated that it had a big impact on the Ford Bronco top production.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/one-we...ring-monthslong-plastics-shortage-11615973401

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/f...riggered-global-plastics-shortage-11615995141

https://www.businessinsider.com/plastics-shortage-texas-freeze-storm-uri-fight-for-materials-2021-3
Those are made of cardboard, not plastic.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Have we established this is not real? I’m coming from the Bronco world and it is next to impossible to get a two door built because they can’t make the hard tops and two doors don’t have an option for soft top from factory.

I live in the city and already had someone slice my tonneau cover on my Tacoma, so a soft top isn’t a realistic option for me (although I prefer it).

Not sure I could handle another 500+ day wait because of hard top.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
I design plastic parts for a living. There is most definitely issues right now in getting raw materials.

Edited to add; Now whether a salesman would have knowledge of supply chain shortages at FCA is another question; I doubt it.

Last edited:

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Have we established this is not real? I’m coming from the Bronco world and it is next to impossible to get a two door built because they can’t make the hard tops and two doors don’t have an option for soft top from factory.

I live in the city and already had someone slice my tonneau cover on my Tacoma, so a soft top isn’t a realistic option for me (although I prefer it).

Not sure I could handle another 500+ day wait because of hard top.
We’re 3 pages in and not a single person has had any news of an FCA plastic shortage. All signs point to a sleezy salesman.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
So you're telling me ALL 2022 production is currently halted?
No, it never started. As of today, they are still building 2021's. Someone in another thread said from factory employee that the start of 2022 production begins in less than 2 weeks. 2022 production was originally schedule to start next week.

Last edited:

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
There are shortages and everything is halted until September and they're probabaly cancelling all '22 models with no refunds. I know this because I ordered a '22 and with my luck based on the luck I had at the craps table last weekend, this will all be true.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
We’re 3 pages in and not a single person has had any news of an FCA plastic shortage. All signs point to a sleezy salesman.
ahem, I just posted above you that my company is experiencing plastic raw material shortages. I highly suspect FCA is as well. We are just as big as FCA, Johnson And Johnson.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

ahem, I just posted above you that my company is experiencing plastic raw material shortages. I highly suspect FCA is as well. We are just as big as FCA, Johnson And Johnson.
Definitely worrisome. I have a friend that works in sales for a large plastics supplier and she says it's still a nightmare and she's hasn't been allowed to generate any new business since end of April. I still have hope Jeep won't be in as bad of shape as Ford, though.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Global means everyone (FCA)...not a single person (salesman)

"Manufacturers who use resins for everything from plastic straws to industrial pipes, car parts and heart valves are facing higher prices and increased supply chain hiccups that could persist for years. And the pandemic is only partly to blame...

As it stands now, more than 60% of manufacturers are reporting resin shortages..." - https://www.supplychaindive.com/news/resin-costs-plastic-manufacturers-industrial-buyer/605793/

https://blog.ferriot.com/blog/resin-crisis
Sponsored