2022 Hardtop Production Halted?

Rolling heavy

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic si coupe, 2017 honda civic EXLHB,
I was at a dealer yesterday to test drive a 4 banger JL. The sales person told me there won't be any hard top wranglers anytime soon. Said the plastic for the hard top is not available. Hope that is not true and he was baiting me to buy the 2018 I test drove.
BTW, loved the power and smooth shifting on the 2 liter turbo / auto combo.
It's complete BS have a 2022 diesel Willy's hardtop in production now no such issue
Sponsored

cmarerin

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD off road, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlim
I actually called today to try And buy a hardtop for my 2021 Rubicon and they told me the earliest they could have them due to low production is end January and that was A maybe as of now, who knows??!?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Yes Chapman quoting 10% off msrp to order 22 for Rubicon 392 way I wanted it and no money down or out of pocket.
edit: I thought you meant Chapman near me haha -- we have a Chapman dealer in Scottsdale -- no affiliation whatsoever!

Yes, that's right for '22s now for Chapman in Philly. Mine should be there any day.

Sponsored

GunnarAZ

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Willys 2 Door
Occupation
Real Estate
Interesting -- he was great on both of my orders, though my 392 went to Chapman.
What kind of a deal did you get over at Chapman? I'm thinking of buying my wife a JLU early next year. Bought my 2 door Willys at Earnhardt last year, but always willing to shop around! Feel free to pm me if you'd rather.

GunnarAZ

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Willys 2 Door
Occupation
Real Estate
They're doing 10% off MSRP on 392s, but are over allocation, so they're not guaranteed to come in.
Dang! That's sweet! If you're one of the people who get one. Lol. Do you have a contact over there? If so, I"d love their info. I'm not looking for a 392, but maybe I can get them somewhat close to that 10% number on a different model. Would love a name/number/email if you've got them.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR

Kaif Momin

First Name
Kaif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
I was at a dealer yesterday to test drive a 4 banger JL. The sales person told me there won't be any hard top wranglers anytime soon. Said the plastic for the hard top is not available. Hope that is not true and he was baiting me to buy the 2018 I test drove.
BTW, loved the power and smooth shifting on the 2 liter turbo / auto combo.
No offense, but this guy doesn’t even seem to know what hardtops are actually made of (fiberglass)…yeah, he sure was baiting you into that 2018!
Sponsored